Bourbon

Jimbaround

47 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

PSA:  thewhiskyexchange.com has blanton's gold back in stock - 85 euro + shipping.   However,  they are now no longer shipping to Texas,  so if you've got other drop locations,  cheaper than flying to europe.  

Okay. Who lives In the below list of states?

Temporary US Delivery Restriction: Currently, we are only able to deliver to the following states: Alaska (Anchorage only), California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia and Wyoming.

22 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Okay. Who lives In the below list of states?

Temporary US Delivery Restriction: Currently, we are only able to deliver to the following states: Alaska (Anchorage only), California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia and Wyoming.

Va. there will be a small handling charge....  but I'm in to buy a bottle or 3

So yer giving blow jobs to the store manager ?

I feel like you’re judging me.

Gotta love how how my grandfather used to do it (WWII PT Boat Captain). Got a whole kit going. No clue what’s in the bottles, he passed away ~20 years ago. Probably Johnny Walker or Ancient Age though. Man I miss him. A great man and a Helluva Engineer.

28477a42cabc73b7c52cf4f2afe53056.jpg

8c69938a6122869c7dec3bc256d0d900.jpg
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I feel like you’re judging me.

Gotta love how how my grandfather used to do it (WWII PT Boat Captain). Got a whole kit going. No clue what’s in the bottles, he passed away ~20 years ago. Probably Johnny Walker or Ancient Age though. Man I miss him. A great man and a Helluva Engineer.

28477a42cabc73b7c52cf4f2afe53056.jpg

8c69938a6122869c7dec3bc256d0d900.jpg

Juuuuuudge !!?  Here on the Surly ??!  No fucking wai...  

Those flasks are cool as shit, especially since they were your granddads.

Got an e-mail from local liquor super store for a black Friday sale with a variety of things. List included Weller 12. The notice said that specific numbers won't be released and it's first come first serve when they open at 9:00. No doubt there will be a line starting by 5:00 am or earlier. Last time they said later they only had 3 bottles. Not worth even going. 

1 hour ago, BigDHornfan said:

Got my Blanton’s tops back today from Buffalo Trace.
Really cool that they mount them on a free stained and poly’d barrel stave if
You send them to the gift shop.
d32be56f71f69958a042bcb5b7bb5c31.jpg

wait they do what now? Please explain and or share a link

When you get all 8 different tops that spell out Blanton’s and send them to the distillery gift shop, they send them back to you mounted on a stained and poly’d barrel stave at no cost.

Pretty dang nice.

Just send them and your return info to:

Buffalo Trace Distillery

ATTN: Visitor Center/Gift Shop

113 Great Buffalo Trace

Frankfort KY 40601

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

When you get all 8 different tops that spell out Blanton’s and send them to the distillery gift shop, they send them back to you mounted on a stained and poly’d barrel stave at no cost.

Pretty dang nice.

Buffalo Trace Distillery

113 Great Buffalo Trace

Frankfort KY 40601

Had no idea.  Just looked in a drawer and I have 4 different poses, but one has no letter on it.  Are the letters a new thing?

Pretty dang nice.

Buffalo Trace Distillery
113 Great Buffalo Trace
Frankfort KY 40601
I didn't know they did that for free. I'm at 7/8 with a couple duplicates. Need to find me an O!

They sell those staves at the gift shop at the BT distillery, but I don't remember how much they were. You can buy the tops for $3.50 a piece if you want or just can't find that dumb N: one.

https://buffalotracegiftshop.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I didn't know they did that for free. I'm at 7/8 with a couple duplicates. Need to find me an O!

They sell those staves at the gift shop at the BT distillery, but I don't remember how much they were. You can buy the tops for $3.50 a piece if you want or just can't find that dumb N: one.

https://buffalotracegiftshop.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

Be careful buying one not actually on a bottle and sending it in, they claim they won't mount it unless they are from bottles. I guess you could always soak the cork in bourbon first to make it look like it was used. 

I've been drinking Blantons for 10-15 years now I guess, when you could Waltz in and grab as many bottles as you wanted every time you went to the ABC store.  I didn't know about the letter thing till a couple years ago.  I've probably been thru a couple sets of letters over the years (I'm sure I'm not alone in that).

I wonder if there are letters that get used less than others intentionally ?

On 11/24/2019 at 8:04 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

I've been drinking Blantons for 10-15 years now I guess, when you could Waltz in and grab as many bottles as you wanted every time you went to the ABC store.  I didn't know about the letter thing till a couple years ago.  I've probably been thru a couple sets of letters over the years (I'm sure I'm not alone in that).

Same here. I always enjoyed the drink, never paid attention to the horse. Didn’t realize we had to play a stupid game. Had a bartender at the Gunter in SA explain to me why he had corks sitting on his bar. 

What do you for a living? I love my boss, but I would never spend $400 on a present for him. 

$500. And it’s being split seven ways.

I did buy a $500 bottle of Glenfarclas 40 Year Scotch for an old boss and mentor of mine. But he literally changed my life. And he’s let me drink a good bit of it.
  • Like 3