6 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

It's better than Garrison Brothers.  

u mad? seems like u mad.

DanQuote-1.jpg

Edited by Eggo

12 minutes ago, Eggo said:

u mad? seems like u mad.

DanQuote-1.jpg

My first sip of GB was the most disappointed I have ever been in a bourbon, DAN.  Shame you had to go and rush a shit product out.  Now your gear might taste like that chick's ass in True Romance but I wont know.

Re

28 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Is this something I should get? Apparently The Winston is a high end bar in the OKC area.

917dc50951ad20eefd7154cc14bb9873.jpg

Regarding OFSB it is pretty good.  Generally OF ranks thusly

BB

1920 (these two could switch depending if you are a hot head)

SB

Statesman

the rest

2 minutes ago, huge said:

My first sip of GB was the most disappointed I have ever been in a bourbon, DAN.  Shame you had to go and rush a shit product out.  Now your gear might taste like that chick's ass in True Romance but I wont know.

f7adbb96-a2da-4c36-aedb-f798698f40b5_tex

19 hours ago, huge said:

Re

Regarding OFSB it is pretty good.  Generally OF ranks thusly

BB

1920 (these two could switch depending if you are a hot head)

SB

Statesman

the rest

I agree with you at the top,  with a major exception. Here's how I rank them, with the disclaimer that I think the lineup is solid at every point:

1) BB

1a) 1910 (I think 1910 is better than some BB releases)

2) Regular OF86 (Not, special, but IMO the most under appreciated mass produced bourbon on the market)

3) 1920 (Special and delicious, but a bit too hot for me personally. I know lots of people who think it's #1 and I understand that opinion)

4) OF100

5) 1897

6) 1870
7) The others. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

23 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I agree with you at the top,  with a major exception. Here's how I rank them, with the disclaimer that I think the lineup is solid at every point:

1) BB

2) Regular OF86 (Not, special, but IMO the most under appreciated mass produced bourbon on the market)

3) 1920 (Special and delicious, but a bit too hot for me personally. I know lots of people who think it's #1 and I understand that opinion)

4) OF100

5) 1897

6) 1870
7) The others. 

Where would you slot the rye? 

I would put the rye near the bottom. I know many here suck it off but it’s way too young  for me. I have a bottle and have not touched it since I opened it. 

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I would put the rye near the bottom. I know many here suck it off but it’s way too young  for me. I have a bottle and have not touched it since I opened it. 

I think it is fine for what it is.  Competes with Overholt and Rittenhouse for my rye mixer.

It is not in the same atmosphere as BB/1910/1920

On 12/3/2019 at 11:46 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Heaven Hill 7 has hit Texas. I was happy to pay the mark up for an additional year and Texas distribution. 

Give us your thoughts when you crack open a bottle. I might just venture out after some.

6 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

1) BB

I'm not nearly as a big a fan of OF as many on this board --I got a noticeable medicinal taste at the front when I tried both the 1897 and the 1920 some time ago, and there are just too many other bourbons that I like better.  But I might have to go out and get a bottle of the 1910 after reading this.

I've got the rye and think it's pretty damn good for the price point.  

Edited by Carl Spackler

I'm not nearly as a big a fan of OF as many on this board --I got a noticeable medicinal taste at the front when I tried both the 1897 and the 1920 some time ago, and there are just too many other bourbons that I like better.  But I might have to go out and get a bottle of the 1910 after reading this.

I like the 1920 but agree with you on the 1897. Also, there are many bourbons I prefer at a lower price point to both. Regular Weller and Larceny come to mind. Costco Bunker Hill had Larceny 1.75 for $39 yesterday.

54 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

For all y’all in Austin, saw a FB post from Deb’s saying Weller Full Proof was in.
Good luck!

They’re selling it for $200

I’m a huge OF honk, but 1910 is nothing like 1897 or 1920. It’s not at all medicinal. It’s more like biting into a Twix.

ACXWi6ThEjs4WWL30eEVgFH8It-Gi2TO_O345P59

Good day in San Antonio. Snagged the only bottles of each, paid MSRP. 

Edited by Eggo

23 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I’m a huge OF honk, but 1910 is nothing like 1897 or 1920. It’s not at all medicinal. It’s more like biting into a Twix.

I view 1910 is the bourbon version of eating a s'more in the best possible way.