Bourbon

Jimbaround

Got a couple of decanters and set about tidying up the collection and dealing with some open bottles.
I won’t be drinking these tonight or tomorrow, but in one I made a batch of PMP.

In the other, I started an infinity bottle blending the following:
100ML Basil Hayden (80)
250ML Weller Reserve (90)
100ML Weller Antique (107)
200ML OF1910 (93)
50ML Legent (94)
100ML Flor de Cana 7 (80), because fuck it.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2019 at 8:53 PM, heso said:

It’s always been crazy to me how scarce eagle rare is in some places. I’ve never walked into a liquor store in PA and it not been on the shelf. More often than not it’s an end cap with 6+ cases waiting to be bought. 

I know and I don't understand it.  A friend of mine was driving through California and saw Eagle Rare everywhere.  He bought a bunch and brought it back.  Same thing when I'm in the Northeast.  There is plenty.  Can't find Blanton's anywhere, though.

I’m sipping Old Rip Van Winkle and watching Die Hard right now. Christmas Eve couldn’t get much better. 

Pappy and Die Hard during Christmas is my most cherished tradition. 

People I would share Pappy with in order: 

1) Argyle 

2)  Hans

3) Ellis

4) Theo

5) John 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

My wife wins Christmas, she got me these shelves so I could redo the bar.
5a14770421a256eeb7a7fd246fb41b79.jpg

Your longhorn and shelf system is shaming my container store rack system. 

BTW, that old Fitz sample was delicious. You need to try a sip of the SW versions. I just opened a 1972 and I’m in bourbon love. 

65E0B9A4-C245-4231-8708-C98649AB977D.jpeg

Edited by Bert Orange
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

1. Full proof-store pick
1b. Full Proof
2. Sweet wheat
3. High Rye
4. Bottled in Bond
I haven’t had the 12 year or the port finish

I passed on the 12 year because I splurged that week. Big mistake. It was the first and the last time I’ve ever seen it for near MSRP. 

The Full Proof Total Wine Store Pick is amazing and the only reason I continue to shop their intermittently. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

I’m hoping for Antique like availability. 

Buffalo Trace is doing some cool things with Weller, Old Charter oak experiments, Buffalo Trace Experimental, and 1792 but I think they could do more. 

An eight to ten year old single barrel Sazerac Rye would be awesome. So would a high proof Eagle Rare. How about releasing some the Blanton’s European/Japanese products in the US? Their portfolio is so massive and includes so many beloved brands that could use a new offering. The possibilities are limitless. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

18 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m hoping for Antique like availability. 

Buffalo Trace is doing some cool things with Weller, Old Charter oak experiments, Buffalo Trace Experimental, and 1792 but I think they could do more. 

An eight to ten year old single barrel Sazerac Rye would be awesome. So would a high proof Eagle Rare. How about releasing some the Blanton’s European/Japanese products in the US? Their portfolio is so massive and includes so many beloved brands that could use a new offering. The possibilities are limitless. 

While Sazerac owns 1792, it isn’t a BT product. Different distillery and oversight. On Blantons, Sazerac can’t. They don’t own it.

Edited by Bert Orange
  • Like 1