Bourbon

Jimbaround

32 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:
Both? That’s pretty close to MSRP on the ECBP.

Just the ECBP. Not going to pay 50 for McKenna 10

I have a pretty healthy reserve of McKenna 10, but if I were completely out, I’d go up to $50 for a bottle. 2019 is damned good and consistent across the single barrels.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I haven’t seen 1.75s in the wild in Texas but they are all over the place in KY. 

Most of what I saw was 750’s. One store probably had 40+ bottles on a display. Same store I picked up a Blanton’s, EHT, and a Bookers for close to retail.

Edited by Brew

I remember getting a decent discount on whistle pig, but eagle rare and bookers were nearly the same price.  Its a dollar more than the store "pays" for the product.

Good bottles will be gone pretty fast on Thursday. Agree that YMMV on how much the actual discount is, but I’ve always been happy with my walkout cost.

So what’s the best Dollar Day find anybody’s had? I walked out with a bottle of Booker’s last year, probably my best find.

23 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

How does it work? Would Makers Mark Private Select for instance be heavily discounted? 

I don't exactly know if they exempt certain bottles from the discount. They said in the presser you can get an $80 Macallan 12 for $60, so I don't know why they'd take MMPS off the table. The last time I shopped the Dollar Days, I was picking up a bottle of Cuervo pre-mixed margarita, so I'll be interested to see what it's like now that I'm a bit more picky.

On 2/23/2020 at 9:30 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Be careful on the Larceny single barrels. Per a Spec’s guy, if it doesn’t have the single barrel sticker on the back, it’s just a numbered barrel printed on the label and not part of their single barrel program. 

I picked up three bottle this weekend. That are almost 8 years old. 

Brand name checks out.

31 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Ask for the manager and whisper "El Guapo told me I could get Blantons here."

Makes me think of:

"Well! As long as we have some time to kill, I think I'll have a beer."

"We don't have no beer, just tequila."

"What's tequila?"

"I-i-i-i-it's like beer."

48 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

on the shelf or behind the counter?  what was the price?

Sorry got a little excited after grabbing my bottle. I'm sure they are out by now. They were behind the counter for $65 after tax. We just happened to be driving by right before they opened and my wife told me about their post on facebook. There was a line about 20 deep when we got in it.

First time I've been able to find Blantons. My wife grabbed an ER so a great day for me (pretty sure they are out of the ER too).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Sorry got a little excited after grabbing my bottle. I'm sure they are out by now. They were behind the counter for $65 after tax. We just happened to be driving by right before they opened and my wife told me about their post on facebook. There was a line about 20 deep when we got in it.

First time I've been able to find Blantons. My wife grabbed an ER so a great day for me (pretty sure they are out of the ER too).

well good day to you then.  harumph.

Damn. The day I don’t check this thread..

16 hours ago, elguapo said:

Getting a bit dusty up in here

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

About what expected at Dollar Days. Your usual staples for a few bucks off. 

Bookers Beaten Biscuits for $53 is ok. I’ll probably pull the trigger on a Maker’s Mark Private Select for $50 if it’s on the shelf tomorrow. 

it's great if you're looking for every day drinkers.  they wont have anything special or that you don't see on every other shelf, but the deals can be pretty decent.

1 hour ago, Godzillatron said:

58677792a5ffc3da120a48e40b266419.jpg

Some decent buys at dollar days. Good price on Whistle Pig 10, a Rabbit Hole that I wouldn’t pay full freight for but wanted to try. Pikesville Rye hyped, but good. And cheap Buffalo Trace is never a bad thing.

Trace is the best but going in my book. I know people like eagle rare better. But I'm lucky enough to live in a place where there are pallets of both. And to me, Trace is as good as pappy 10 all day long

Good thing that won’t be hard to come by.

I just used dollar days to pick up some staples and try something new. Sazerac rye, bulleit 10, and now sampling some four roses small batch select. Life is bueno even if I didn’t arm wrestle a tater for some blanton gold rare 10 select single batch barrel proof supreme.

Good thing that won’t be hard to come by.

I just used dollar days to pick up some staples and try something new. Sazerac rye, bulleit 10, and now sampling some four roses small batch select. Life is bueno even if I didn’t arm wrestle a tater for some blanton gold rare 10 select single batch barrel proof supreme.

You’ll dig that Sazerac... tasty, tasty stuff.