Bourbon

Jimbaround

20 minutes ago, ISUCyclones said:

You dun messed up if that's all you got from his stash.

Hell of a day for you on a serious note.

Thanks. I hope Buffalo Trace lets some Weller SiB out into the general population of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Enjoy your 27 different recipes of Four Roses Cask Strength you son of a gun.

If the lettering was white instead of gold, Weller SiB would be the perfect bottle for a UT man cave. The label is a very close to correct burnt orange. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Gonna need your analysis on the WSB 

Honestly, I’m hoping for better than Full Proof. I don’t expect it to be better than W12. 

It feels weird that there are now 5 allocated Weller bottles. 6 if you count WLW. Maybe, just maybe Antique becomes the ugly step sister and starts reappearing on shelves. 

36 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Y’all inspired me to crack my LB3 tonight and it is indeed quite nice.

Not sure what’s hitting the MD stores at the moment, but I’m hitting my honey hole tomorrow just in case...

Shows a glimpse into the potential of cask strength Basil Hayden’s. Such a strange choice to proof it down to 80.

• Like 1

Thanks. I hope Buffalo Trace lets some Weller SiB out into the general population of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Enjoy your 27 different recipes of Four Roses Cask Strength you son of a gun.

If the lettering was white instead of gold, Weller SiB would be the perfect bottle for a UT man cave. The label is a very close to correct burnt orange. 

The distillery has been good for my four roses stash over quarantine for sure.

What are everyone's thoughts on Old Ezra 7 Barrel Strength? Picked up a bottle today for 70, which felt high but I've never seen it on the shelf before.

I liked the bottle I finished and bought another.
That said, I wouldn’t pay more than retail now that I’ve had it. But I say that about most. It’s nice to try these things to see what all the fuss is about but at the end of the day, I find
they aren’t life changing. YMMV.
  • Like 1

I think I’m done collecting Blanton’s. Straight From the Barrel and Gold were the ones I really wanted, and I now have both. I’m not really interested in the Japanese releases as they’re all 80 proof, damn taxes.

Much like dark matter, Blanton’s Silver exists theoretically. I will never see either. 

I think I’m done collecting Blanton’s. Straight From the Barrel and Gold were the ones I really wanted, and I now have both. I’m not really interested in the Japanese releases as they’re all 80 proof, damn taxes.

Much like dark matter, Blanton’s Silver exists theoretically. I will never see either. 
Don't know about you, but i much prefer SFTB to Gold. Might be the higher proof.

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Read more  

Don't know about you, but i much prefer SFTB to Gold. Might be the higher proof.

That seems to be the general consensus. I’m looking forward to trying both. The Gold was a hell of a lot cheaper than the STFB, I’ll say that. 

Some folks, myself included, think STFB should be added to the BTAC line. Age International must be tough, tough negotiators. 

There was another Weller 12 drop in Houston this morning. I'd say I just missed it, but I'm sure the flippers were lined up at 8 am to buy it. The store opened at 10 am, sold out 5 cases before 1130 am. 

edit: I worked the phones hard and scored a bottle of W12. 

• Like 1

There was another Weller 12 drop in Houston this morning. I'd say I just missed it, but I'm sure the flippers were lined up at 8 am to buy it. The store opened at 10 am, sold out 5 cases before 1130 am. 
edit: I worked the phones hard and scored a bottle of W12. 
This stuff really irritates me
  • Like 1

Skinning that Smoke Wagon Uncut/Unfiltered tonight. It better be good or I’ll hold [mention=796]Neonmoon[/mention] and [mention=2999]USCATX[/mention] personally responsible. 
Yes, I’m going to watch Tombstone. 
I'm your huckleberry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, huge said:

Apparently this. SH 14 is legit? I head on some bourbon podcast it was one of 5 worth $100

Mag Cigar Blend was another.

Yeah, I believe you’re referencing The Bourbon Junkies. They have a YouTube channel. Pretty entertaining guys who give great reviews and are the complete opposite of Fred Minnick. Give them a look if you’re interested in some fun whiskey review videos.

Their full list was the Sam Houston 14, Bardstown Chateau de Laubade, Joseph Magnus Cigar Blend, Kentucky Owl Rye and Old Carter bourbon. 

Edited by Yev Kassem

Smoke Wagon Uncut/Unfiltered is good, but runs a little hot. It’s not like KC SiB or ECBP where you forget you’re drinking a high proof bourbon. Smoke Wagon will remind you. 

While I like MGP, I can nose it from a mile away. Sort of medicinal, before it mellows out. The first sip could be better, good middle, and solid finish. 

I think Boone County Eighteen13 is their best, most consistent offering. 

I try to avoid being a Buffalo Trace fan boy, but they’ve never hit a bad note with me. My only criticism is that I wish they made more ryes, especially more Barton ryes. 

4 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Read the last couple of pages and I’m now ashamed to admit that I was pretty excited yesterday that I got a bottle of Weller SR 1.75 for $39.   You guys are on a different level.  

It’s been an...unusual week. The rest of the country probably hates Texas right now. This Weller drop was unprecedented. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Ho Lee Sheet. 

Well.....Calumet 14 is probably the same stuff. Bird Dog is another Western Spirits product. They bought some Barton and aged it themselves. Does it suck? No. Is it as good as real Barton aged 14? Who knows

Also, Barton sells 12 year for $50. SH 12 is $100

Edited by Neonmoon

12 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Well.....Calumet 14 is probably the same stuff. Bird Dog is another Western Spirits product. They bought some Barton and aged it themselves. Does it suck? No. Is it as good as real Barton aged 14? Who knows

Also, Barton sells 12 year for $50. SH 12 is $100

What brand is the Barton 12 year?