Bourbon

Jimbaround

They’re quite popular in Fireball contests because a spot is usually around $12-$15.  Basically a lottery ticket with 10% chance of cashing, so many feel that’s not too steep an investment in something that’s rarely available on the shelf at MSRP. 
Anyone running raffles without the proper authorization better be careful. That's a good way to get sideways with the authorities.

No. Maybe my brain is mixing it up with seeing that label online somewhere, but I'm 90% sure I've seen it on a shelf. Maybe not Total Wine, I've been to a lot of liquor stores over the couple of weeks. 

I didn't give it a second thought as I just bought a MMPS and was looking for other non-Maker's stuff. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley

[mention=290]BigDHornfan[/mention] would you care to rank the Maker's Mark offerings? 101, the Original, 46, Private Select, Cask Strength, and RC 6 Limited Edition. I doubt you've had SE4 X PR5, but nothing would surprise me. 

Not a big Makers fan,
But the 101 is great stuff.
Only other one I’ve had is the regular.

2 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Not a big Makers fan,

I was throwing dirt on Maker’s until I tried Private Select. It really changed my mind about the brand. I don’t like 46 or the original. I’ll be hunting for 101 and the Limited Editions. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

What prices do you think these Wellers are actually worth paying for (assuming you will be drinking and not trading)? 

W12

Antique 107

CYPB

Single Barrel

Full Proof

$80, $60, $60, DGAF, $100.  I’ve paid more for worse.  Rarity included and to have them on my shelf I’d pay more. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Not a big Makers fan,

It’s better than RC6.  I especially like the classy screw top.  I won a bottle in a charity thing when it was distillery only and was pleasantly surprised.  Otherwise I mostly like to put Makers in blind tastings just to see it lose over and over.  

23 minutes ago, milkman said:

Need a little help. I’ve got two bottles of some pretty rare bourbon and more than likely not going to drink them. Have recently thought about putting them up for sale but I have no clue on pricing. Is there a website or good source for either Booker’s or Wild Turkey prices?

You can see what liquor stores around the country are charging on Wine Searcher. 

• Like 1

You can see what liquor stores around the country are charging on Wine Searcher. 

One bottle I believe is from 2004 and the other 2006. Not sure wine searcher would be of any use?

Update...I found the 2004 on wine searcher! I use this for wine all the time but didn’t think about bourbon.

So here are the two bottles...

Wild Turkey Tribute 15 year 50th Anniversary - Not sure that it would add any value but it is signed by Jimmy Russell, Master Distiller, 2004

Booker’s B96-C-15 Commemorative Bottle 1929-2004. Bottle 10 of 3000. I believe this is what is referred to as the “Death Bottle?”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So here are the two bottles...

Wild Turkey Tribute 15 year 50th Anniversary - Not sure that it would add any value but it is signed by Jimmy Russell, Master Distiller, 2004

Booker’s B96-C-15 Commemorative Bottle 1929-2004. Bottle 10 of 3000. I believe this is what is referred to as the “Death Bottle?”

From bsm value page around 1100 for death bottle and 1400 for wild turkey tribute US bottle. Both from early this year though so may have gone up.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

From bsm value page around 1100 for death bottle and 1400 for wild turkey tribute US bottle. Both from early this year though so may have gone up.

Thank you very much! I thought the Death Bottle would have been worth more than the Wild Turkey Tribute, guess not.

W12 - $30 (MSRP) - I would pay $80
Antique 107 - $50 (MSRP) - I would pay $60
CYPB - $40 (MSRP) - I've never had this
Single Barrel - $50 (MSRP) - I've never had this
Full Proof - $50 (MSRP) - I would pay $100

CYPB is the worst thing that carries a Weller label. I’m assuming it’s worse than SiB because I’ve had all the rest.

2 hours ago, ISUCyclones said:

Facebook has a bourbon secondary pricing market group that does exactly what you are asking. Look it up or ask the group if it's not there yet and people will tell you the secondary values the bottle has gone for in groups recently.

Or ask here.

BSM-Value Reference group on Facebook should lead you in the right direction. 

Has anyone made the trek out to Hye for the annual Cowboy release? I’m thinking about doing and wondering just how early I need to be there to make sure I walk away with a bottle. It doesn’t feel like a situation where I have to be there super early but I really have no historical context for that theory.

8 hours ago, milkman said:

Thank you very much! I thought the Death Bottle would have been worth more than the Wild Turkey Tribute, guess not.

Death bottle is purely a collectible for Bookers aficionados at the value it sells. But you’ll move it for that reason. The WT Tribute, which I assume is the domestic version, should go for 1400+

Edited by Bert Orange