Bourbon

Jimbaround

20 hours ago, Fud said:

Just saw that another batch of Prideful Goat is getting released soon

The first was pretty damn good. 15 year heaven hill cask strength, I got it for $105 

This Saturday is the Houston release at Gulf Coast Distillery. They raised the price to $125.

They said there will be releases in Austin and San Antonio this time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kt-horn said:

This Saturday is the Houston release at Gulf Coast Distillery. They raised the price to $125.

They said there will be releases in Austin and San Antonio this time.

I hate distillery only release events. Just put the damned thing in the gift shop. 

That said, I'm glad people in Austin and San Antonio will get to try it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

That guy is the biggest fucking prick in DFW whiskey.  and it's ironic, because he's a fucking manlet.
Fuck him.   @HerbieHancock can attest.

Please give more details. I want to hate him, too. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eggo said:

Please give more details. I want to hate him, too. 

well for one, he thinks he is God's gift to bourbon and having a profile with his real name on FB wasn't enough, he had to go create one under the name of Josh Wellers.  and he is an admin of a very douchey sales group that routinely kicks out members if they are deemed to be not active enough.  

He has been banned from the 2 biggest whiskey groups here in DFW for just being an asshole.  He and some others happened upon a bunch of bottles of a really good Russell's Reserve pick about a year and half ago and got them for under retail, then they tater stickered them and waxed the tops and marked them up and sold them for over $150 a bottle claiming they were using the money for his "charity" that he started.  Several people have asked for the 501c paperwork but nothing has ever been presented.  Who knows if it's actually legit.  

This is just a bit of why he's a cockstain.

I will let Herbie add his 2 cents.

What can I say about that little bitch that hasn’t already been said? I won’t repeat everything BigD said, I’ll just say he’s spot on about everything. But to add to it, that little fuck has a bad case of little man syndrome. He tried to talk to me a certain way and I let him know that where I’m from you get your ass kicked for talking that way to another man. He proceeded to continue running his mouth until a mutual friend informed him of who I am and what I look like. He then put me on ignore lol.

If y’all haven’t figured it out yet, I’m a bit of an abrasive and dry personality whereas BigD is one of the most easygoing and laid back dudes you’ll ever meet. He’s not a nihilist, but he’s pretty damn close. When you make his shit list you’re officially a dirtbag.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigDHornfan said:

well for one, he thinks he is God's gift to bourbon and having a profile with his real name on FB wasn't enough, he had to go create one under the name of Josh Wellers.  and he is an admin of a very douchey sales group that routinely kicks out members if they are deemed to be not active enough.  

He has been banned from the 2 biggest whiskey groups here in DFW for just being an asshole.  He and some others happened upon a bunch of bottles of a really good Russell's Reserve pick about a year and half ago and got them for under retail, then they tater stickered them and waxed the tops and marked them up and sold them for over $150 a bottle claiming they were using the money for his "charity" that he started.  Several people have asked for the 501c paperwork but nothing has ever been presented.  Who knows if it's actually legit.  

This is just a bit of why he's a cockstain.

I will let Herbie add his 2 cents.

image.gif.c3746773aef9d4beb9d90c64fa3f589f.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

What can I say about that little bitch that hasn’t already been said? I won’t repeat everything BigD said, I’ll just say he’s spot on about everything. But to add to it, that little fuck has a bad case of little man syndrome. He tried to talk to me a certain way and I let him know that where I’m from you get your ass kicked for talking that way to another man. He proceeded to continue running his mouth until a mutual friend informed him of who I am and what I look like. He then put me on ignore lol.

If y’all haven’t figured it out yet, I’m a bit of an abrasive and dry personality whereas BigD is one of the most easygoing and laid back dudes you’ll ever meet. He’s not a nihilist, but he’s pretty damn close. When you make his shit list you’re officially a dirtbag.

jack-nicholson-anger-the-shining.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

He does have a punchable face.  

Reminds me of a conversation I overheard at a restaurant a few years ago between a couple of girls in college: “He’s immature, he litters, and he took a picture with that girl.. I can’t be with a guy like that.” Definition of a couple of losers that are going to end up alone.

#BringingItBack2Bourbon I wasn’t impressed the first night, but Rabbit Hole Cavehill has really come around on me the last couple nights. Nose is great, front-end is very mild, but the finish has a longer that I can’t place but man I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, H_Boogie said:

#BringingItBack2Bourbon I wasn’t impressed the first night, but Rabbit Hole Cavehill has really come around on me the last couple nights. Nose is great, front-end is very mild, but the finish has a longer that I can’t place but man I like it a lot.

Someone repping Rabbit Hole!  That's great news if it's actually good.  Piles and piles of those bottles around.

90381564-f164-4add-95f8-5ef1f14d2adf_tex

On 3/3/2021 at 6:50 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

Dude showed up in some Austin groups recently, makes sense now that that you said he got kicked out of some DFW groups.  

Dude showed up in some Austin groups recently, makes sense now that that you said he got kicked out of some DFW groups.  

He created his own group after being run from pretty much every other local DFW group. Also had to do the same with a secondary market group because the couple local ones either ran him off or wouldn’t do business with him lol. Look up pompous douchenozzle in the dictionary and you’ll find his picture.

8 minutes ago, SMUlawUTgrad said:

Thoughts on Nikka Coffey Grain? I just picked one up and am excited to try it later this weekend.

It's pretty good. Not something I wanna drink everyday, but a nice changeup, gets more into the whiskey taste range.  They have 2 offersings out there I think. 

1 hour ago, SMUlawUTgrad said:

Thoughts on Nikka Coffey Grain? I just picked one up and am excited to try it later this weekend.

I liked in a tasting at Bosscat Kitchen in Houston. It was a bunch of forgettable bourbon and ryes, but the Nikka jumped out at me. Probably my favorite Japanese Whiskey. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

3 hours ago, ISUCyclones said:

I was able to grab the new new riff release that has basically broken all the local nky groups.

Pissed I didn't have my wife grab one too as soon as I saw these bastards are going for $1000+ immediately. Bourbon is wild man835c973d5efa24bd324c96e7a50cc42f.jpg

Daaamn.  Biggest hype bottle of ‘21 so far right there. 

6 hours ago, SMUlawUTgrad said:

I’m a fan; it has a unique taste, which makes it a good changeup from the usual bourbon and rye, as someone mentioned above. It’s pretty mellow though 

2 hours ago, Fud said:

It being overpriced because of taters helps texas bourbon? 

Good for a Texas bourbon, not good for Texas bourbon.  Although I supposed you could say a Texas bourbon that doesn’t suck is good for Texas bourbon.  Picture a barrel strength Elijah Craig toasted with that signature Texas bitterness.  

Edited by USCATX

3 hours ago, Fud said:

I’m a fan; it has a unique taste, which makes it a good changeup from the usual bourbon and rye, as someone mentioned above. It’s pretty mellow though 

Had a pour of nikka coffey after not having it for awhile 

It’s a kaleidoscope of flavors, albeit at a mellow magnitude 

It’s with a pour to see if it’s for you 

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Is that the HBS L’encantada in the background?

No, I tried a sample of the XO and couldn’t pull the trigger.  I have a Le Freche, Le Sable and Pibous single barrels though.  The HBS XO is stacked deep on the shelf in Austin if you’re looking. 

21 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

That Parker’s Orange curaçao is so fucking good

It catches so much shit but I really like it.  Down to about 1/3 of a bottle in my open one now.  It’s less sweet than most Cognac/Armagnac finishes and you can still grab it for $250 secondary and have a PHC on your bar without breaking the bank. 

• Hook 'Em 1