A5 wagyu burgers

Hanrahan

Got some a5 wagyu ground beef from Crowd Cow. I want to make burgers but I’m thinking it’s not really going to hold together given it’s 40-50% fat. The only thing I can figure to do is mix it with about 25% lean ground beef and hope for the best. Has anyone done this before or have any thoughts?

I've never had an issue keeping the Wagyu burgers together, but do not cook them over direct flame.  You can put them there for a minute or two to get a good seer, but move them to indirect heat afterwards...assuming you are cooking them on a grill.

• Like 1

cfccc0b0e466fa65aa35c6d115cabf23.jpg

Only other shot I took. Taste was fantastic. Not as stark in an a5 wagyu steak vs prime but that’s to be expected. I should have known this but the things hemorrhaged volume as the fat melted. Turned out smaller and swimming in fat after a couple of minutes per side. 35 bucks per pound on Crowd Cow was expensive but not shaggy 1% for a go.

And the a5 I’ve bought on Crowd Cow and Wagyu Shop has been legit. They come with certificates (and, yes, I know those could well be shit as well but the quality has matched) and the marbling has been spot on with a5 pics from restaurants.