2021 Atlanta Braves chasing the Dodgers Thread

EZ$

No Soroka, no Acuna, no Ozuna, no problem.  
Not sure how we did it, but we did. Haven’t been a fan of Snitker’s situational decision making, but he’s got to get some type of credit for getting them to the WS without the guys above. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

@BigOrange1 is a Braves fan? I thought you were from Houston. You’re a Rockets fan. WTF?

nope, not from houston.  grew up rooting for the rockets because my parents were rockets fans due to hakeem and phi slamma jamma (they used to go watch them all the time when they first got married).  braves fan because i'm a child of the 90's and watched them all the time on tbs back in their heyday. 

i'm a bigger rockets fan than i am braves fan nowadays, but the braves have been my mlb team since i was about 12 years old. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’d trade Morton all day for a game 1 win on the road, just wished it would’ve been after he went 5 or 6.
Our bullpen was over-used in the LA series (necessary and productive) and now needing them to do it again this series is asking a lot.  Absolutely need Fried to go a minimum of 6 in game 2. 

• 2 weeks later...

The World Series champion Atlanta Braves added depth at catcher by signing Manny Pina to a two-year, $8 million contract Monday.

He will make $3.5 million next season and $4.5 million in 2023. The contract also includes a $4 million club option for 2024 with no buyout.

The 34-year-old Pina hit a career-best 13 home runs in 75 games with Milwaukee this past season, his sixth with the Brewers.

He joins starting Braves catcher Travis d'Arnaud, who agreed to a two-year, $16 million extension during the season that includes an $8 million club option for 2024.

D'Arnaud and Pina give the Braves a couple of veteran catchers to hold down the position while top prospect Shea Langeliers gets additional seasoning in the minors.

The Braves also have another young catcher, 23-year-old William Contreras, who got a chance to start in 2021 after d'Arnaud was injured but failed to hold down the job.

Contreras struggled defensively while batting .215 with eight homers and 23 RBIs in 52 games with Atlanta.