Jester is a fragile bitch/2022 Uncommitted WR Evan Stewart

Burt Macklin

Wow. I haven’t been overwhelmed by most of our recruits the last couple of years and count myself one of the people here who find it hard to get overly excited about Malik based on his lack of playing time, but the first two highlights of this guy are truly amazing. He seems like a real difference maker.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Wow. I haven’t been overwhelmed by most of our recruits the last couple of years and count myself one of the people here who find it hard to get overly excited about Malik based on his lack of playing time, but the first two highlights of this guy are truly amazing. He seems like a real difference maker.

You should be excited about Murphy.  Some guys are born with an arm that can effortlessly throw it 74 yards.  Dude also has an absolute cannon and throws darts with a flick of his wrist.

He has the raw tools to mold into a 1st round pick.  We have a QB coach that has put plenty of QBs in the NFL and he also coached QBs in the NFL.  I’d rather Sark work with a guy with an extremely high ceiling and see where it takes us.  Especially considering we can take the gamble because we probably have a very high floor currently with Hudson Card... who by the way had no tape playing QB until his senior year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, victory88 said:

You should be excited about Murphy.  Some guys are born with an arm that can effortlessly throw it 74 yards.  Dude also has an absolute cannon and throws darts with a flick of his wrist.

He has the raw tools to mold into a 1st round pick.  We have a QB coach that has put plenty of QBs in the NFL and he also coached QBs in the NFL.  I’d rather Sark work with a guy with an extremely high ceiling and see where it takes us.  Especially considering we can take the gamble because we probably have a very high floor currently with Hudson Card... who by the way had no tape playing QB until his senior year. 

Fair enough on Maliik, but the most important part of a QB, by far, is his brain. I hope we can develop him. 

Your take on Hudson Card is so hopelessly incorrect to the point where it makes me worry about what else you've been posting. I've been watching him play QB since he was a sophomore. That year, he played backup QB but ended up playing all but one series at QB in the state championship vs Allen and performed great. He then started and played QB his entire junior year (when my Chaps kicked his butt-just saying) and ended up losing to North Shore in the state semi-final. He missed a portion of his senior year, before coming back for the state semi-finals against North Shore and bringing LT back big-time in the second half. So there is plenty of "tape" on Hudson Card before his senior year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

8 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Fair enough on Maliik, but the most important part of a QB, by far, is his brain. I hope we can develop him. 

Haha, two different chances, two different spellings but didn't quite get it. 

Maalik is going to be the next Simms or Jamaal where no matter how long he's here or how much he does UT messages boards will still never consistently get the spelling right. The Ramonce Taylor All-Stars.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Haha, two different chances, two different spellings but didn't quite get it. 

Maalik is going to be the next Simms or Jamaal where no matter how long he's here or how much he does UT messages boards will still never consistently get the spelling right. The Ramonce Taylor All-Stars.

Haha, well done. 

Fantastic old and new gifs. A new gif from me from an old movie. 

spacer.png

It's fun to read about recruiting again. This also marks my first moment of genuine excitement about the regime. I had good hopes and optimism, but now I'm fuckin' excited.

If I were in College Station, I'd go with this one after their funny articles about the upward stock of their latest receiver (who may be great, but it's the spin that's funny):

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• Burt Macklin changed the title to Jester is a fragile bitch/2022 Uncommitted WR Evan Stewart