Jester is a fragile bitch/2022 Uncommitted WR Evan Stewart

Burt Macklin

14 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Fair enough on Maliik, but the most important part of a QB, by far, is his brain. I hope we can develop him. 

Your take on Hudson Card is so hopelessly incorrect to the point where it makes me worry about what else you've been posting. I've been watching him play QB since he was a sophomore. That year, he played backup QB but ended up playing all but one series at QB in the state championship vs Allen and performed great. He then started and played QB his entire junior year (when my Chaps kicked his butt-just saying) and ended up losing to North Shore in the state semi-final. He missed a portion of his senior year, before coming back for the state semi-finals against North Shore and bringing LT back big-time in the second half. So there is plenty of "tape" on Hudson Card before his senior year. 

I remember there being plenty of discussion here with people worrying about Card not having much playing time at QB and that he mostly played WR until that QB that went to tOSU graduated.   I’m sure he had quite a few series as a back up and even a game or two as you stated.  My point was that people have the same concerns about Murphy who also has limited tape until now at QB.  

28 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I remember there being plenty of discussion here with people worrying about Card not having much playing time at QB and that he mostly played WR until that QB that went to tOSU graduated.   I’m sure he had quite a few series as a back up and even a game or two as you stated.  My point was that people have the same concerns about Murphy who also has limited tape until now at QB.  

You were wrong when you said he only started his senior year. He started his entire junior year, but there wasn’t much film on him when he committed because he committed before his junior year. 

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Thanks, and I apologize for the tone of my previous comment. However, there's absolutely no comparison at all for playing time between Murphy and Card. Card played virtually all of a Texas 6A state championship vs Allen as a sophomore, he started ALL of his junior and much of his senior year at QB. In both his junior and senior years, he played in the Texas 6A State semi-final games. That is a HUGE amount of experience at the highest level of high school football in the nation. Murphy has very little game experience and is it correct that he has not thrown a TD yet in HS? I hope they both turn out amazing, but I'm not talking about greatness here, just comparing experience.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

You were wrong when you said he only started his senior year. He started his entire junior year, but there wasn’t much film on him when he committed because he committed before his junior year. 

So it's almost the same situation as Murphy. Murphy's junior season will be shorter but it will give enough chances for him to put on a show. 

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

So it's almost the same situation as Murphy. Murphy's junior season will be shorter but it will give enough chances for him to put on a show. 

There’s a good chance he doesn’t even get to play a junior season and only starts for his senior year. Idk if there’s ever been a 5 star QB this far into the process who’s played less actual football. 

48 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

There’s a good chance he doesn’t even get to play a junior season and only starts for his senior year. Idk if there’s ever been a 5 star QB this far into the process who’s played less actual football. 

California just said they were going to play.  He will get a 5 game junior season starting in March.  Anxious to see how that goes, but it should give him the summer to work on issues before his senior campaign in the fall.

16 minutes ago, cochamps said:

California just said they were going to play.  He will get a 5 game junior season starting in March.  Anxious to see how that goes, but it should give him the summer to work on issues before his senior campaign in the fall.

Regardless of how it goes, he looks like he was built in a lab and has an absolute howitzer for an arm. If we're going to compete on a national stage we need to start getting some of those kids. The ones that you see playing for Bama and ask, "Where the fuck did they find this guy?".

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Regardless of how it goes, he looks like he was built in a lab and has an absolute howitzer for an arm. If we're going to compete on a national stage we need to start getting some of those kids. The ones that you see playing for Bama and ask, "Where the fuck did they find this guy?".

It’s not regardless of how it goes. He needs to show he can play well in games. Tons of dudes have huge arms and end up being busts. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Sorry, I have Cards years mixed up when he started.  But my point was that we took his commitment when he had little film at QB.  I remember he was playing WR prior to his commitment and people were having the same discussion.  His commitment was purely based on projection based on his performance in camps and what his coaches were saying.  I think right now, we’re in similar situation with Murphy... he had yet to play his junior year.  

Anyways, my buddy that coached against Card in high school said he’s one of the best QBs they have faced.  He thinks he wins the job this summer and thinks he’s going to be a great QB here.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

It’s not regardless of how it goes. He needs to show he can play well in games. Tons of dudes have huge arms and end up being busts. 

Yes - I hope he kills it. Just saying I like that that is the type of guy we are targeting. I'd also contend that big arms tend to carry guys pretty far in college, as long as they aren't shittastic decision makers. 

Thanks, and I apologize for the tone of my previous comment. However, there's absolutely no comparison at all for playing time between Murphy and Card. Card played virtually all of a Texas 6A state championship vs Allen as a sophomore, he started ALL of his junior and much of his senior year at QB. In both his junior and senior years, he played in the Texas 6A State semi-final games. That is a HUGE amount of experience at the highest level of high school football in the nation. Murphy has very little game experience and is it correct that he has not thrown a TD yet in HS? I hope they both turn out amazing, but I'm not talking about greatness here, just comparing experience.
Wasn't Card a WR too and having shown some speed and quickness that added to his profile as an athlete? As a sophomore no less.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yes - I hope he kills it. Just saying I like that that is the type of guy we are targeting. I'd also contend that big arms tend to carry guys pretty far in college, as long as they aren't shittastic decision makers. 

give them 5 seconds to throw and they can even be shittastic decision makers, Cardale Jones, Dwayne Haskins, JaMarcus Russell

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

give them 5 seconds to throw and they can even be shittastic decision makers, Cardale Jones, Dwayne Haskins, JaMarcus Russell

Hurts, Jalen.

Although he flamed out a bit under the spotlight at times. 

(I understand this is not the Maalik thread - seems we have collectively gone off topic)

6 hours ago, Had Enough said:
8 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Wasn't Card a WR too and having shown some speed and quickness that added to his profile as an athlete? As a sophomore no less.

That is correct. As a sophomore to get playing time and to utilize his speed, he primarily played WR. This makes his insertion at QB in the state championship game after the first series against Allen all the more impressive, as he brought LT almost all the way back from a huge deficit. The next year, he started as QB. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Roach:

Hide contents

Just spoke with Evan...

He told me the motivation behind it is exactly what he said in his message. He wants to take visits and look at his recruitment with a wide open perspective. He told me he’s still considering Texas.

Is there ever a double commitment to the same school. Come on down CJ Williams. 

Yeah it happens that a player will recommit but it isn't too common. Most of the time it seems to be when they want to look around and then find that the demand for them wasn't quite as high as they thought (Leon O'Neal). That won't be the case with Stewart, every school in the country will have a spot for him as long as it takes. 

Maybe if we take what he's saying about visits at face value this is just a reset and we'll still be in ok shape for him but that kind of feels like the "bargaining stage". This fucking sucks.

Edited by UncleSonny

14 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Is there ever a double commitment to the same school. Come on down CJ Williams. 

This year may be different. Kids are committing without being able to make any visits. Wouldn't be surprising if they realize they should take visits, open things back up to make a sound decision, but ultimately find the original school is the right one.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Roach:

Hide contents

Just spoke with Evan...

He told me the motivation behind it is exactly what he said in his message. He wants to take visits and look at his recruitment with a wide open perspective. He told me he’s still considering Texas.

Well Roach has actually met Evan in person, so he probably knew this was coming being the insider that he is

• Burt Macklin changed the title to Jester is a fragile bitch/2022 Uncommitted WR Evan Stewart