Jester is a fragile bitch/2022 Uncommitted WR Evan Stewart

Burt Macklin

• 3 weeks later...

I’m so old I remember when opting out was called quitting. But it’s the times we are in. And I’m still for recruiting him. Maybe it makes him miss it more as he sits and watches. Or if he really is a bad seed, they generally have a way of taking themselves out of the picture. It’s not like he’s a criminal and the upside is too high. 

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I’m so old I remember when opting out was called quitting. But it’s the times we are in. And I’m still for recruiting him. Maybe it makes him miss it more as he sits and watches. Or if he really is a bad seed, they generally have a way of taking themselves out of the picture. It’s not like he’s a criminal and the upside is too high. 

Getting Old Baby Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

First, I’m not trying to pass judgment or pigeonhole the kid, but I REALLY hope he has some positive influence in his life- Or at least finds some in his next journey.

After reading/following the Twitter thread between Marcus Washington’s Dad and CDC, even with a Dad like Mr. Washington, kids can fall through the cracks in life.  I hope this doesn’t happen to Evan. I hope there’s not someone in his ear feeding him the wrong messages. This kid has a TON of talent that could take him to wonderful places in life. I hope he gets to realize it. Be it at Texas or not…

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Was it the day Stan Thomas got ejected for punching an SMU player in the nuts?

It was the other way around. The SMU player punched Stan in the nuts on the opening kickoff (or perhaps the first play from scrimmage). I was at that game.

And it wasn’t televised. SMU was just coming back from the death penalty. The game was in the HS stadium on their campus. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

9 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

It was the other way around. The SMU player punched Stan in the nuts on the opening kickoff (or perhaps the first play from scrimmage). I was at that game.

And it wasn’t televised. SMU was just coming back from the death penalty. The game was in the HS stadium on their campus. 

Ah yeah that’s right, Kenny Rhea punched Stan in the nuts and he got ejected for retaliating…1989 in Ownby Stadium.

11 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I was at that game by accident.  Brother and I went to watch the TX band walk in.  (We couldn't afford tickets.)  Some random woman there gave us 2 . . Right in the middle of the SMU student section.

We got ragged on all the way through the game.  (I was a soph ih HS; brother in MS.)  I just about got thrown out when the students started cheering and laughing when Tony Jones got injured on a punt return.  /csb