2021 NCAA Baseball

WBT

Thread for general NCAA baseball news and discussion.  This is also where I'll post about random midweek afternoon games I'm streaming while "working from home" that nobody else will probably care about.

I signed up for FloBaseball for our games this weekend and I'm currently watching KSU vs Oregon St on it.  Scoreless in the 4th.  They're playing in a tournament in Surprise, AZ.

Also, Florida and Miami are currently in a rain delay and are now supposed to start at 5 on SECN.

Edited by WBT

It said $12.95 a month if you sign up for a 1-year sub.  I did a monthly for $30.  Pretty steep but I'm hard up to watch our games this weekend.  It looks like they'll have several early season tournaments on it over the next month at least.  I'll just have to remember to cancel before they bill me for the 2nd month.

Edit - I was able to go and cancel my account already so that it will expire in 1 month.

Edited by WBT
  • Like 1

Just saw West Virginia beat my buddy’s team, Georgia State, 5-3 in extras. They look big and athletic. He says they are super legit- I have no reason to disbelieve him. Saw they were ranked 14 in the preseason polls. Going to double header tomorrow. Should have a pretty good idea by then. They (wva) were sloppy as hell in the field. But they also made some nice plays too. 

My buddy is having a day at Georgia State. 
game 1 of the double header they outplayed West Virginia all game long but blew a 6-3 lead in the 9th on 1 mountaineer hit, to make it 6-6, but they walked EM off 7-6 in the 10th. 
game two they put up an 11 spot on the mountaineers in the first inning and are currently winning 20-3 in the top of the 9th. What a day for him. So proud of him.  No idea if WVU is any good but they were ranked 14 coming into the series. If they are good then I think my best friend has a top 20 team, potentially, on his hands...

• Hook 'Em 1

This is rather sick. 

Florida Atlantic's Caleb Pendleton hit grand slams in his first two collegiate plate appearances Saturday night, both in the same inning.

Playing in his first game, the freshman connected with the bases loaded twice during a 12-run second inning against Central Florida.

The right-handed hitter crushed the second slam to left-center, clearing a row of palm trees behind the outfield fence.

As a high school senior, Pendleton was rated as the No. 3 catcher in the state of Florida by Perfect Game and was twice named a PG Preseason All-American.

Video in link

22 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My buddy is having a day at Georgia State. 
game 1 of the double header they outplayed West Virginia all game long but blew a 6-3 lead in the 9th on 1 mountaineer hit, to make it 6-6, but they walked EM off 7-6 in the 10th. 
game two they put up an 11 spot on the mountaineers in the first inning and are currently winning 20-3 in the top of the 9th. What a day for him. So proud of him.  No idea if WVU is any good but they were ranked 14 coming into the series. If they are good then I think my best friend has a top 20 team, potentially, on his hands...

Pretty solid HS baseball around Atlanta, and I think they have a new stadium in the works in the parking lot of the old Turner Field. No reason they can't build a nice baseball program like other commuter schools have done.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Pretty solid HS baseball around Atlanta, and I think they have a new stadium in the works in the parking lot of the old Turner Field. No reason they can't build a nice baseball program like other commuter schools have done.

Yep. I think he’s gonna kill it there. I’m obviously biased but I think he’s awesome and is going to make them really good.he will find out- he scheduled 18 games in a row against power 5 schools, with only Georgia and Clemson unranked. 

My boys team at Georgia State went into Nashville today and took down #3 Vandy 4-2. 

he opens the season with 18 straight games against ACC, SEC or Big 12 teams. When he took over last year the team the year before had gone like 10-40 or something like that. They went 9-6 or something in year 1 and now are 3-3 so far going 2-2 against #14 WVU (winning one of those games 20-4) then Lost to Georgia and beat Vandy. So 1/3 of the way into the most brutal schedule you are going to see he’s 3-3. I’m pretty fucking pumped. 

• Hook 'Em 1