2021 NCAA Baseball

WBT

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

See 2018. 

aggy beats Texas 6-5 in College Station and they go insane. A few months later Texas beats them in the Austin regional and advances to the College World Series. 

This is nothing new for those weirdos. 

To be fair, we only beat them once.  aggy failed to make it out of the losers' bracket to play us again when they lost to *checks notes* baseball power Indiana

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WBT said:

To be fair, we only beat them once.  aggy failed to make it out of the losers' bracket to play us again when they lost to *checks notes* baseball power Indiana

That regional was hilarious. 

A few days after Liucci went on about a hour rant about Texas fans being classless because they chanted "SEC SEC" after their SS dropped a pop up. I need to go find that segment from Texags radio and post it here. 

Edited by texasstrong12

On 4/26/2021 at 3:45 PM, texasstrong12 said:

See 2018. 

aggy beats Texas 6-5 in College Station and they go insane. A few months later Texas beats them in the Austin regional and advances to the College World Series. 

This is nothing new for those weirdos. 

Knocking them out in 2014 was fucking glorious. Would love to have em as the 3 seed in our regional but they’re not making the tournament. Maybe they can win the sec tournament for us so we can once again end their season 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Machinator said:

So they were going to do it early to give schools extra time to covid proof things, now four of them will do it for nothing?  

I mean great for the NCAA to get the schools to jump when they say jump I guess.

Guest Lobo

^

yeah, these guys had Florida as our #2 for a long time.  Now, it's Arizona State.  They're latest projection should be out late this afternoon:

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/baseball/bracketology

I realize they gotta geographically spread out the SEC teams, but Florida's playing well enough now to get to stay closer to home as a #2, or contend for outright regional host at this point.  Although they play my former program on Tuesday, the Stetson Hatters.  When people ask you what happened here, tell them 'The Hat Remembers.'

Guest Lobo

Dammit!  Gators stave off a late Stetson rally and win 7-6.  Stetson hosts Florida in De(ad)Land next Tuesday and must win to avoid the season sweep.  We're having a okay season, but not good.  Shouldn't hurt you in the RPI/SOS.  We tend to average a tournament appearance 1 in every 2 years for the past 40 years.  Hoping we win our conference tourney and get an auto-bid, we're due.  

Only started following these guys in the last two years, so not terribly sure about their track record.  But this week's looks wildly different from last week:

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/baseball/bracketology

Texas moves down from #3 to #6, still paired with Arizona State which makes sense geographically...Pac-12 has to ship their non-hosts somewhere.  Regional fills out with Miami and NCCU.  Granted ASU and Miami are having good but not great seasons, that would just be a very hyped regional based on the names involved---Texas, Miami, Arizona State.  28 CWS Finals appearances and 15 National Championships.  Unless Pac-12 foes Arizona, USC, and Oregon State magically get shoved in a regional together, our projected one would be the most illustrious ever assembled in one regional.  I would have to think.  

Has Florida hosting at #12 with UNC-Charlotte, Florida State, and UNC-Wilmington.  

Guest Lobo

Yeah, was George Orwell named commissioner of NCAA baseball and we missed it?  

We have always been at war with the NorthWorthia.

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo

That makes more sense.  Because the SDEV just seemed to be a bunch of deviations.  I was looking at Baylor in the 30's and us at #201 and wondering what the fuck we were deviating from except societal norms, consensual sex, decent well-rounded educations, and respect for women.  Turns out, it was on a per-game basis.  Point taken. 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Well while Disch-Falk is overrated as a pitchers park by most Texas fans, these are not park adjusted at all (see: Arizona's absurd OFF rating).

Yeah it looks like they win a lot of 10-9 type games. Do they play in a little league park? 

Guest Lobo

collegesportsmadness comes out about 20-24 hours ago, but it's not up yet for this week.  They don't quite have the baseball acumen of D1 but they do pay good attention to geographic/conference restraints that sometimes other sites overlook who are usually just hung up on RPI/rankings/"gut feelings" 

Edited by Lobo