Five Star Garrett Wilson commits tonight at 8 pm

Parliament

11 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Sorry for being a $#@!.  The Ohio State blogs had him as a strong lean, but I assumed it was homerism and he was seriously in play.

I'll self-ban myself from this board.  Sorry.

A bunch of my friends went to tOSU, and I don't have any problem with them being happy about it. They're stoked we're sniping Watson from UGa, so the cycle of elite program recruiting rolls on.

9 hours ago, Parliament said:

Sorry for being a $#@!.  The Ohio State blogs had him as a strong lean, but I assumed it was homerism and he was seriously in play.

Don't you dare self ban yourself. 51 negs is damn impressive, let's see how many you can collect. 

OB re: G.Wilson

Well, let's talk about the Garrett Wilson situation.

With his commitment to Ohio State on Sunday evening, a wide receiver prospect that ranks as one of the best the state of Texas has produced in the last decade is likely escaping the burnt orange clutches that reside up and down all of Lake Travis and within a 30-mile radius of it. There's no getting around the weight of the loss in this head-to-head battle, as I would contend the Longhorns don't have a player in the program quite as dynamic as Wilson projects to be at this stage of his development.

So, it stings.

That truth being established, it's also very true that the Longhorns have recruited the wide receiver position pretty damn well in the last few years and already have the most talented wide receiver unit in the Big 12 on paper, a unit that added one of the best three-man trios of any school in the country in recruiting just a few months ago.

I sacrificed time, fun, and relationships to be in this position. Recruiting is a grueling process, but god showed me the way. I got unfinished business in the 614... I’m coming home. #TTWFO

·         1,880 people are talking about this

The difference between Wilson and those other players is that the draft analytics in conjunction with recruiting suggest that if you view Wilson as a five-star level prospect as I do, he is twice as likely to become a drafted player in the NFL as anyone Texas has on the roster. Still, the state of Texas has become a 7-on-7 state, which means that receivers with NFL upside pretty much grow on trees, which means the Longhorns won't lack options in the wake of losing Wilson.

From a slightly bigger picture standpoint, it's going to be very, very hard for the Longhorns to recreate the same in-state recruiting magic as they did in the 2018 class. A year ago, six of the top eight prospects in the Lone Star State ended up signing with the Longhorns, but that number might only be two or three in 2019 based on current projections.

The situation also serves as a reminder that players of Wilson's pedigree have questions about the state of the Texas offense that haven't yet been fully answered in Tom Herman's first 17 months of the job. It's a question that will remain for the next Garrett Wilson in 2020 if the Texas offense doesn't make major strides this season.

It's as simple as that.

7 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Fuck Ohio State and their fucking redneck, undereducated, fat, sweaty, jorty, no-neck, no-life, gluttonous, artery-choked fans and shitty, second-rate, bullshit, place-to-go-if-you-got-no-other-options school.

That sounds like my first wife.

Of course, she was a tOSU grad, so well played.

Eh, it's a fucking prima donna receiver. Receivers don't win you shit, they can just add to it if you already have your OL, QB, TE, and RB situation handled. 

If this was the best LT or QB I'd be pissed. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I like checking in on your rep situation via this thread. 

On 4/29/2018 at 9:29 PM, Parliament said:

1*4gDf6Ud3ZxjpY9r1EsVYXw.gif

• Like 1

15 hours ago, In10se said:

Eh, it's a fucking prima donna receiver. Receivers don't win you shit, they can just add to it if you already have your OL, QB, TE, and RB situation handled. 

If this was the best LT or QB I'd be pissed. 

You're right.  Ohio State nevers recruits those positions at a high level.  8-)

• 3 months later...