2021 Everything FCS Spring Season

MNLonghornFUKM

Congratulations to the Bearkats.  Many friends and few co-workers in the Huntsville area

Our neighbors for 15 years are 2 professors there.

Fuck Texas A&M and they have zero connection to this winning...as per the usual.

54 minutes ago, deadshank said:

How will aggy somehow translate this into a championship for them?

Certainly there is a Rube Goldberg algorithm they’ve devised and a follow up implosion.   

According to this aggy, it was for us

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Certainly there is a Rube Goldberg algorithm they’ve devised and a follow up implosion.   

National football champions from Texas since 1939:

Sam Houston

Texas

Texas A&M Commerce

Texas State

Texas A&I

East Texas State

Abilene Christian

Angelo State

Prairie View

Texarkana JC

Tyler JC

Kilgore JC

Navarro JC

Blinn JC

Mary Hardin-Baylor

SMU (in a couple of polls)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

National football champions from Texas since 1939:

Sam Houston

Texas

Texas A&M Commerce

Texas State

Texas A&I

East Texas State

Abilene Christian

Angelo State

Prairie View

Texarkana JC

Tyler JC

Kilgore JC

Navarro JC

Blinn JC

Mary Hardin-Baylor

SMU (in a couple of polls)

Blinn Team = Puro aggy

they can put those on the wall and have the trophies in the airport terminal of champions

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Heh. I don't think the UT system even has any FCS teams right now. UTA had one almost 40 years ago, and UTRGV might have one 5 years from now. 

What he means is Texas only have T-shirt fans that couldn't get in to tay yew 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I hope not

https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/1/14/athletics-bearkats-moving-to-western-athletic-conference.aspx

Sam Houston will officially become a Western Athletic Conference member on July 1, 2021, ending a 34-year run in the Southland Conference for Sam Houston. Also part of Thursday's press conference at NRG Stadium, was the announcement of a return to football for the WAC, competing as an FCS conference in 2021. 

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

What a throw this was.

This angle makes it really look like he threaded a needle. My brother and I were pretty amazed by that throw.

Then ABC showed some different angles and you realized that it was a nice throw, but it wasn't threading the needle. There was a fair amount of room to just throw to a spot and the guide could catch it comfortably.

Very nice, but not NFL level like I thought when I saw the live angle.

https://gobearkats.com/news/2021/1/14/athletics-bearkats-moving-to-western-athletic-conference.aspx
Sam Houston will officially become a Western Athletic Conference member on July 1, 2021, ending a 34-year run in the Southland Conference for Sam Houston. Also part of Thursday's press conference at NRG Stadium, was the announcement of a return to football for the WAC, competing as an FCS conference in 2021. 

Dumb mistake. Southland was a good conference for them. It's Huntsville for goodness sake.

So no Piney Woods throwdown, now?

42 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Dumb mistake. Southland was a good conference for them. It's Huntsville for goodness sake.

So no Piney Woods throwdown, now?

While Sam is heading to the WAC with SFA, Lamar, etc.. they’re outgrowing those universities and the rest of the Southland conference schools. Sam’s enrollment is now over 20K with a goal to hit 30K by 2030. It was 13K when I was there 1996-2000. They’ve embraced/capitalized on Houston’s growth to the north and have set claim to The Woodlands with and MBA program based there and now a medical school. This WAC move is the move that angles them towards FBS in the next 5 years and is major move for them in basketball, baseball, and the Olympic sports. 

Edited by Bender Bending Rodriguez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

This angle makes it really look like he threaded a needle. My brother and I were pretty amazed by that throw.

Then ABC showed some different angles and you realized that it was a nice throw, but it wasn't threading the needle. There was a fair amount of room to just throw to a spot and the guide could catch it comfortably.

Very nice, but not NFL level like I thought when I saw the live angle.

That was a fucking dot no matter what angle you look at. QB was beat up all game and still get serious zip on that pass to get it in there. He takes something off that pass and it gets broken up, if not batted down then the defenders would’ve had more time to hit the receiver and jar it loose. 

18 hours ago, deadshank said:

Let's try this.

Sammy Houston is kind of where the non admits/dropouts from aggy go vs going the Blinn as its the closest four university to Collie Station.  So aggy honor code lives in many in Huntsville.

Edited by Nueces River Rat

I recorded the game for later viewing. The goddam lightning delay caused the recording to run out with about a minute-thirty remaining, and, borrowing a phrase from Ron White, "spinning me into dimensions of pissed off I've never been in before in my life!" I had to check the score on the damn internet. Mercifully, the big-screen is still intact. Barely.

• Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, Royale with cheese said:

I recorded the game for later viewing. The goddam lightning delay caused the recording to run out with about a minute-thirty remaining, and, borrowing a phrase from Ron White, "spinning me into dimensions of pissed off I've never been in before in my life!" I had to check the score on the damn internet. Mercifully, the big-screen is still intact. Barely.

Same here.  Mine stopped when it was 17-14 and I thought, that's probably how it ended, SH won't let them score again.

Nope. Just fucking missed the best part of the game.