Smithsonian Channel

RPM

Anyone else watch this? I've found myself watching SC quite a bit since I found it a few months ago (DirecTV 570). It reminds me of what History Channel used to be with mostly documentary and investigative shows. I'm hooked on the air/sea disaster investigations and aircraft/ship biographies.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Yeah, I’ve watched Air Disasters forever, this is like the third different title they’ve used depending on the production country/channel airing it. 

‘Towed Under’ was the last episode of the newest season of Disasters at Sea, just sucks they don’t date them so your DVR can pick up the new airings. 

Lulz, yeah most of the programs are repackaged older shows, but I don't really care about that. Towed Under was a fantastic episode. You would think it would pull them by the stern, but they didn't run the line through a stern eye which I guess is SOP. We always ran a low line through an eye, but I was never on a tug.

Stuff like this is why I love this channel. It's Jack Webb "Just the facts, Mam."

44 minutes ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I’ve been watching Aerial America and it’s reruns for the last ten years. They did an Aerial New Zealand and an Aerial Ireland a while back, I wish they’d make more. The four parter on the UK was really good, too. 

Came here to post this. Good stuff. Have watched every episode.

I also like taking in all of the National Park specials.

Makes you want to take a Road Trip.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 months later...

Cher was on Colbert last week promoting a new show on Smithsonian about an elephant she rescued and moved to a sanctuary. The story sounded fascinating because there were plenty of hoops she had to jump thru to get it done. Cher & The Loneliest Elephant.  The US Smithsonian Channel premiere is scheduled on Wednesday, May 19th at 8pm ET/PT.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve found the “Inside the Tower of London” series to be really interesting. It mixes the modern day to day lives of the operations crew with it’s medieval history. They’ve been replaying an older series titled, “8 Days That Made Rome” that I’ve seen before, but am watching again.  I recommend both for anyone interested in those periods of history. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/24/2021 at 9:34 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

New season of Air Disasters at 7 tomorrow (Sunday). 

On 2/26/2022 at 3:39 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Hey, that post works again. Back for more on the 27th. 

And again tonight at 7. Guide info is wrong as usual, so a DVR won't catch it as new.