State Farm College Baseball Showdown Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

Yep. Trying to stay awake
Bourbons hitting me. Slow pace of this game.

It ain't over tonight but not looking good.

Must win tomorrow...

Witt in now to pitch

#HailState - Go Bulldogs

I’m over behind home plate. Dude in the jacket you mentioned getting kicked out was sitting in front of me during end of Tech game. I could pick him out from here when the crowd got fired up when he got bounced.

He was clearly calmer earlier.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

I wonder how many embarrassing losses both in non-conference and conference play it will take for Crystal Conte to finally fire Pierce this year, or if he'll follow the Turtle-Tom path and give him the Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free-Card to blame all his assistants, fire them, and watch the Texas baseball team get ground into paste for yet another wasted season before Crystal finally is convinced that Pierce sucks enough to fire his in-over-his-head (just like Turtle-Tom) ass.

It wasn't CDC's choice to give Herman another year.

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

These guys should be ashamed of their batting.

Just an outright embarrassment.

Gonna be like this all year against good pitchers as usual. Pierce doesnt have it but he rode kody Clemens to a few million bucks. 

Everything we hit is weak. Zero power.

Thru the 7th inning, there were a total of 5 hits between the two teams.  They only had 3 hits, but 4 runs.  Van Horn is a very good coach.  Good coach makes a good team.  It’s early, and we haven’t played/practiced ... bla bla bla....but, hopefully, we will improve.  That’s all we have right now.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Thru the 7th inning, there were a total of 5 hits between the two teams.  They only had 3 hits, but 4 runs.  Van Horn is a very good coach.  Good coach makes a good team.  It’s early, and we haven’t played/practiced ... bla bla bla....but, hopefully, we will improve.  That’s all we have right now.

That's one way to look at it.

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Fielding is better today.  Pitching a bit better.

Hitting is an abomination. 

I field you.                 I pitch you.                  There ain’t no way I’m ever gonna hit you

I field you.                   I pitch you.

Don’t be sad                   cause two outa three ain’t bad.

Don’t be sad

Baby we can play all year, but there ain’t no way I’m ever gonna hit you.

Dont sad cause two outa three ain’t bad.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’m over behind home plate. Dude in the jacket you mentioned getting kicked out was sitting in front of me during end of Tech game. I could pick him out from here when the crowd got fired up when he got bounced.

He was clearly calmer earlier.
Safe travels home. Get em tomorrow

#HailState - Go Bulldogs

• Like 1

I wonder how many embarrassing losses both in non-conference and conference play it will take for Crystal Conte to finally fire Pierce this year, or if he'll follow the Turtle-Tom path and give him the Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free-Card to blame all his assistants, fire them, and watch the Texas baseball team get ground into paste for yet another wasted season before Crystal finally is convinced that Pierce sucks enough to fire his in-over-his-head (just like Turtle-Tom) ass.

Reads like a texags post with the cutesy nicknames
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/20/2021 at 5:09 PM, Don Johnson said:

WTF was there an hour between the first two games?  No need to get fans in and out when they have all day passes. 

Ark-TT may be 8:30 first pitch at this rate. In theory, tomorrow should be worse from a time perspective. 

On 2/20/2021 at 6:18 PM, texashorn13 said:

Both teams have to get on the field to warm-up bodies, arms, etc.  Then both teams get to take full IF/OF warm-up.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:25 PM, UTPhil2006 said:

In addition to the above explanation takes a good bit to prepare the field again 

Last night they only needed 45 min between the end of OM-TT and the start of Ark-UT, thank goodness.  Don't know how they expect to come close to pulling off today's schedule unless they figure out how to prep the field and warm up quicker.

Monday:

11 am: Mississippi State vs Texas Tech

2:30 pm: Ole Miss vs Texas

6 pm: Arkansas vs TCU

33 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Last night they only needed 45 min between the end of OM-TT and the start of Ark-UT, thank goodness.  Don't know how they expect to come close to pulling off today's schedule unless they figure out how to prep the field and warm up quicker.

Monday:

11 am: Mississippi State vs Texas Tech

2:30 pm: Ole Miss vs Texas

6 pm: Arkansas vs TCU

Please tell me the guys we saw last night are expected to be some of your better pitchers. If not...hell, if they're not don't tell me.

41 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Please tell me the guys we saw last night are expected to be some of your better pitchers. If not...hell, if they're not don't tell me.

Arkansas staff is a complete crapshoot right now and impossible to say who is good or bad.  Have two guys (Conner Noland and Patrick Wicklander) who were true freshman weekend starters on a CWS team two years ago.  Both have regressed and struggled to find a role on this team (probably will start as long relief), so there aren't a lot of experienced arms.   Palette, the starter last night, has been very impressive in the fall and spring practices, but was a freshman last year and has minimal relief appearances and never started a game in college.  He appeared to have great stuff last night, but I think he was helped by y'all swinging at a lot of balls outside the zone. Bouldin was pretty good in 2018, but had TJ in 2019 and short season in 2020.  No one really knew what to expect from him.  Obviously a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Arkansas staff is a complete crapshoot right now and impossible to say who is good or bad.  Have two guys (Conner Noland and Patrick Wicklander) who were true freshman weekend starters on a CWS team two years ago.  Both have regressed and struggled to find a role on this team (probably will start as long relief), so there aren't a lot of experienced arms.   Palette, the starter last night, has been very impressive in the fall and spring practices, but was a freshman last year and has minimal relief appearances and never started a game in college.  He appeared to have great stuff last night, but I think he was helped by y'all swinging at a lot of balls outside the zone. Bouldin was pretty good in 2018, but had TJ in 2019 and short season in 2020.  No one really knew what to expect from him.  Obviously a pleasant surprise.

I remember Wicklander. Figured he'd be your top hurler.