State Farm College Baseball Showdown Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, Blackcat00 said:

Hopefully there is a team meeting tonight and these guys wake up. They look fucking awful. 

I get what you are saying but IMO, a team meeting in baseball, especially when it is related to hitting, is about the most worthless endeavor I can imagine.  they should spend that time getting some cuts in.

that said, I don't think it will matter.  Pierce is gonna need to go unfortunately.  it is amazing we hired 4 coaches, in the big 3, in the Patterson/Perrin era and we are wearing the collar.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

17 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I get what you are saying but IMO, a team meeting in baseball, especially when it is related to hitting, is about the most worthless endeavor I can imagine.  they should spend that time getting some cuts in.

that said, I don't think it will matter.  Pierce is gonna need to go unfortunately.  it is amazing we hired 4 coaches, in the big 3, in the Patterson/Perrin era and we are wearing the collar.

This. Much better off looking at film or taking swings. It’s not football/basketball where your emotions can help carry you sometimes. Baseball is about being triple c’d as my coach used to say (calm cool collected). 

That said most of our guys seem to be 0-3 in that department. 

30 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

They collected a lot of Ks

We did a great job inflating some records for Ole Miss and MSU - they are at 14.0 and 13.7 K/9.

I'm actually more upset NCAA.com doesn't track team strikeouts by the offense, just the pitching staff.  We'd have to be pretty near the top. 

We are tied for 158th in batting average.  TCU is actually worse than us! 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We did a great job inflating some records for Ole Miss and MSU - they are at 14.0 and 13.7 K/9.

I'm actually more upset NCAA.com doesn't track team strikeouts by the offense, just the pitching staff.  We'd have to be pretty near the top. 

TCU struck out 18 times last night.

19 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Its actually warranted and keeps the lockeroom together and avoids one side blaming the other. 

These type of player meetings don't take long and usually take place outside of practice. They will have plenty of time to get reps in.

These guys know how to hit. Mentally they are fucked mindfucked right now.  

Edited by Blackcat00

11 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Its actually warranted and keeps the lockeroom together and avoids one side blaming the other. 

These type of player meetings don't take long and usually take place outside of practice. They will have plenty of time to get reps in.

These guys know how to hit. Mentally they are fucked mindfucked right now.  

the are 3 games in and they are mentally in trouble and need to have a team meeting?    what tells you these guys know how to hit?   they will look better against BYU but this has been a problem during Pierce.

49 minutes ago, WBT said:

Well, the Big XII went 1-8 in that tournament.  So maybe there's something to lack of practice due to the cold or maybe Tech and TCU both also suck and the conference is down this year.  If anyone wants to look for silver linings.

None of the SEC teams practiced since the Friday before... sorry to tell ya. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 hours ago, Js1 said:

The lineup TCU rolled out was overmatched, but I don't think that will be the lineup for the Frogs when conference play comes around in a few weeks.  They returned a number of seniors who came back with last year's season getting wiped out for the pandemic and I don't think they can hold their positions.

Schloss started a group of younger players last night against TSU and they were the players who did most of the damage last night at the plate.  Mid-week TSU pitching staff isn't near what the Frogs saw last weekend, but I do think it showed they aren't going to stay with guys who aren't going to hit and the next month of ball will go a long way to if the Frogs are a legit contender or middle of the pack.

19 hours ago, dcar00 said:

the are 3 games in and they are mentally in trouble and need to have a team meeting?    what tells you these guys know how to hit?   they will look better against BYU but this has been a problem during Pierce.

This team has expectations to win a conference and be in Omaha. A quick roundtable back in Austin yes 3 games in is healthy and very normal. I've seen this happen first hand at the JUCO level with guys who are one and done and just prepping themselves for rookie ball. 

The offense on this team has talent but it looks like a disaster out of the gates against some of the best pitching in the country. Time will tell and I am hopeful this staff gets these guys mentally ready and adjustments are made. The approach at the plate is the biggest issue. I can't even count how many 0-2 at bats they had putting themselves in a hole early. Swinging at balls off the plate and ignoring strikes down the shitter. This team is not seeing the ball at all. 

Edited by Blackcat00

31 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

This team has expectations to win a conference and be in Omaha. A quick roundtable back in Austin yes 3 games in is healthy and very normal. I've seen this happen first hand at the JUCO level with guys who are one and done and just prepping themselves for rookie ball. 

The offense on this team has talent but it looks like a disaster out of the gates against some of the best pitching in the country. Time will tell and I am hopeful this staff gets these guys mentally ready and adjustments are made. The approach at the plate is the biggest issue. I can't even count how many 0-2 at bats they had putting themselves in a hole early. Swinging at balls off the plate and ignoring strikes down the shitter. This team is not seeing the ball at all. 

This has been an ongoing issue under Pierce, it feels like. 

• Hook 'Em 1