SOMEBODY FLIPPING ONE FUCKING SWITCH WOULD HAVE KEPT AUSTIN IN WATER

Hagbard Celine

Still no water, but in my case it's on my apartment complex.  Around 30 apartments have leaks causing damage.  I guess there is no way to shut off the water to individual buildings, so they shut off the supply to everyone.  I've lost track of the days, but I know I really need to wash dishes and take a shower.  Luckily, my tub water is still half full for filling the toilet tank.  And thanks to St. Elmo Brewery I still have about 3.5 gallons of fresh water for drinking.

Are there any more restaurants open today than yesterday?!?  I just wanted some got damn food while I was out yesterday.  90% of everything was closed, and the few that were open had mile long lines.  It was ridiculous.

Just now, Somnio said:

Are there any more restaurants open today than yesterday?!?  I just wanted some got damn food while I was out yesterday.  90% of everything was closed, and the few that were open had mile long lines.  It was ridiculous.

Sorry to hear about your troubles still.

I've been out and aboutfairly widespread today, and it looks like a normal day. Lots of restaurants open, no gas lines per se, supermarkets are crowded but that's it. Anything that involves giving you water though maybe tough like laundromats or I guess water and restaurants. But otherwise it seems fairly decent and surprisingly so

• Like 1

Water filling stations in Austin and surrounding areas (BRING YOUR OWN CONTAINERS):
ABGB – 1305 W. Oltorf, Fill station
Adelbert’s Brewing – 2314 Rutland Dr. Suite 100, Fill station
Austin Beer Works – 300 Industrial Terrace, Fill Station
Batch – 3220 Manor Rd., Fill station
Black Star Co-op – 7020 Easy Wind Dr., Fill station
Brewtorium – 6015 Dillard Circle Suite A, Fill station; Outlets also available to charge essential electronics
Cedar Park City Hall – 450 Cyprus Creek Rd., Bldg. 3 & 4, 78613, Fill station 20 gallon limit
Cedar Park Recreation Center – 1435 Main St., 78613, Fill station and water cases; one per family
Central District Brewing – 417 Red River St., Fill station
Circle Brewing Co. – 2340 W. Braker Ln., Fill station
Georgetown Community Center – 445 E. Morrow St., 78626, Fill station; 20 gallon limit
Hays High School – 4800 0Jack C. Hays Trail, 78610, Fill station; Five gallon limit
Hopsquad Brewing – 2307 Kramer Ln., Fill station; Five gallon limit
Infamous Brewing – 4602 Weletka Dr., Fill station
Meanwhile Brewing – 3901 Promontory Point Dr., Fill station; 10 gallon limit per household
Mozart’s – 3825 Lake Austin Blvd., Fill station
Natural Grocers – All Central Texas Locations, Fill station
Lazarus Brewing Co. – 1902 E. 6th St., Fill station
Party Barn – 3300 Guadalupe St., Fill station
Prep To Your Door – 507 Calles St. #100, Fill station
Rebel Cheese – 2200 Aldrich St. #120, Fill station
St. Elmo Brewing – 440 East St. Elmo Rd., Fill station
BRING YOUR OWN CONTAINERS

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WithoutAClue said:
Water filling stations in Austin and surrounding areas (BRING YOUR OWN CONTAINERS):
ABGB – 1305 W. Oltorf, Fill station
Adelbert’s Brewing – 2314 Rutland Dr. Suite 100, Fill station
Austin Beer Works – 300 Industrial Terrace, Fill Station
Batch – 3220 Manor Rd., Fill station
Black Star Co-op – 7020 Easy Wind Dr., Fill station
Brewtorium – 6015 Dillard Circle Suite A, Fill station; Outlets also available to charge essential electronics
Cedar Park City Hall – 450 Cyprus Creek Rd., Bldg. 3 & 4, 78613, Fill station 20 gallon limit
Cedar Park Recreation Center – 1435 Main St., 78613, Fill station and water cases; one per family
Central District Brewing – 417 Red River St., Fill station
Circle Brewing Co. – 2340 W. Braker Ln., Fill station
Georgetown Community Center – 445 E. Morrow St., 78626, Fill station; 20 gallon limit
Hays High School – 4800 0Jack C. Hays Trail, 78610, Fill station; Five gallon limit
Hopsquad Brewing – 2307 Kramer Ln., Fill station; Five gallon limit
Infamous Brewing – 4602 Weletka Dr., Fill station
Meanwhile Brewing – 3901 Promontory Point Dr., Fill station; 10 gallon limit per household
Mozart’s – 3825 Lake Austin Blvd., Fill station
Natural Grocers – All Central Texas Locations, Fill station
Lazarus Brewing Co. – 1902 E. 6th St., Fill station
Party Barn – 3300 Guadalupe St., Fill station
Prep To Your Door – 507 Calles St. #100, Fill station
Rebel Cheese – 2200 Aldrich St. #120, Fill station
St. Elmo Brewing – 440 East St. Elmo Rd., Fill station
BRING YOUR OWN CONTAINERS

is there a map for that?

All those brewers have nothing to do with city efforts....just good people.  And they've been hammered this last year and are constantly shit on by shitty laws.  If you go to any of those guys also buy some beer!

City message is still water on the way and planning distribution centers.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

All those brewers have nothing to do with city efforts....just good people.  And they've been hammered this last year and are constantly shit on by shitty laws.  If you go to any of those guys also buy some beer!

City message is still water on the way and planning distribution centers.

Pinthouse is too apparently. They aren’t on that list. 

not sure which location(s)

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Hook 'Em 2

Family member sent me this yesterday.

This social media influencer from Austin decided to fill up her fucking 40+ gallon bathtub to soak and promote a bunch of shit once she got power and water. Even after the multiple city notices to conserve.

What made it worse was that my family member called out this influencer for wasting water and the chick said she hadn't bathed in days and to unfollow her if she didn't like it. Screenshots of bath (with shower in background) and the text exchange. This kind of shit pisses me off.

IMG_2833.jpgIMG_2832.jpg

44 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Amateur. No water since Monday.

God damn WHAT THE FUCK? 

Fuck all your neighbors or something. How the fuck did you lose water on Monday????

Wait, are you in DFW? I'm looking at it from an Austin slant wondering how you lost water on day ~1

Edited by B00M

Not a big fan of the self-righteous shaming I've been seeing.  Mind you, I'm saying this as someone who went days without power, and still doesn't have water.  But I guaranfuckingtee you when my water turns on I'll be taking a shower, and using my dishwasher, and washing my clothes, and whatever the fuck I want to do in my home without any sense of guilt.  Get outta here with that bullshit.

Edited by Somnio
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

The same amount of ire directed at the state/ercot/electric market needs to be directed at the local regulated electric and water utilities as well.  Frozen pipes are one thing, but how these fucksticks in Austin could let their main water plant lose power, particularly when they were not using rolling blackouts in order to prioritize  “critical” infrastructure, is beyond comprehension. Remember when these chuckle fucks tweeted out that everything was fine with the water supply, and then promptly ran out of supply in a few hours? 

• Hook 'Em 3

I have water, both at the tap (need to boil) and in a cleaned and disinfected tub (maybe 40 gallons).  The latter has been there for several days, so whatever.

If you need water and you're in West Austin (or wherever), message me, you are welcome to come take as much as you can haul off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bevo Num1 said:

What made it worse was that my family member called out this influencer for wasting water and the chick said she hadn't bathed in days and to unfollow her if she didn't like it. Screenshots of bath (with shower in background) and the text exchange. This kind of shit pisses me off.

Yeah, when there's no pics of the "influencer" in the bath, I get pretty pissed off as well.

We got our water back in 78756 this afternoon (some parts of the neighborhood already had it or never lost it), and Facebook and Nextdoor had more than a few "OH FUCK THERE'S WATER COMING OUT OF MY WATER HEATER HOSE/CABINET/GARAGE"

I was kind of surprised, given that a lot of these people had water up through Wednesday night, and should have had problems before today, but I guess they got hammered by the pressure.

Very disappointed in how many people couldn't turn off their water.  My vise grips got a little workout.

2 hours ago, Somnio said:

Not a big fan of the self-righteous shaming I've been seeing.  Mind you, I'm saying this as someone who went days without power, and still doesn't have water.  But I guaranfuckingtee you when my water turns on I'll be taking a shower, and using my dishwasher, and washing my clothes, and whatever the fuck I want to do in my home without any sense of guilt.  Get outta here with that bullshit.

Cool! 

3 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

The same amount of ire directed at the state/ercot/electric market needs to be directed at the local regulated electric and water utilities as well.  Frozen pipes are one thing, but how these fucksticks in Austin could let their main water plant lose power, particularly when they were not using rolling blackouts in order to prioritize  “critical” infrastructure, is beyond comprehension. Remember when these chuckle fucks tweeted out that everything was fine with the water supply, and then promptly ran out of supply in a few hours? 

I'd like to know if they had diesel generators onsite as backup.  And if they did, I'd like to know why they didn't work.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Somnio said:

I’m not saying you’re a piece of shit.  But this is something a piece of shit would say/do.

When there are still tens of thousands of your neighbors doing without life’s most basic necessity, and you can have any impact whatsoever in helping them get it back more quickly, you do what you can to help.  Especially if all that means is waiting an extra day or two to do laundry or “whatever the fuck your want to do”.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

15 hours ago, Bevo Num1 said:

Family member sent me this yesterday.

This social media influencer from Austin decided to fill up her fucking 40+ gallon bathtub to soak and promote a bunch of shit once she got power and water. Even after the multiple city notices to conserve.

I was walking my dog around maybe an hour after we got enough pressure to fill the toilet tanks, and I guess we had gotten full pressure back while I was out because some dude was using his fuckin water hose to sweep/melt snow off his driveway.  Wtf?  

• immamac changed the title to SOMEBODY FLIPPING ONE FUCKING SWITCH WOULD HAVE KEPT AUSTIN IN WATER