Texas vs. West Virginia on ABC @ 2pm

SDG

Infuriating. Turnovers, WV couldn’t miss almost the whole 2nd half, blown opportunities and horrendous officiating. 

Please take it out on Kansas. Greg Brown has to show up. Kai got the yips today, couldn’t catch anything. 

Edited by Js1

Just now, Dr. Teeth said:

Huggins is getting use to opposing coaches flipping out on the refs before the final handshake. 

Refs couldn’t get out fast enough. I guess someone would have to shank Brown to be called and even then...

Edited by Js1

5 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Perhaps, but 37???  On the road?

Yes. It’s been this way for years regardless of if we are home or on the road. Not sure why y’all are surprised or upset. 

If you want to shoot more FTs than your opponent, then you’ll need a coach who can design such an offense. We don’t have that. Shaka made his offensive style a while back.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Ramey was the only one who felt like balling down the stretch. You don't get a win for playing 30 minutes of basketball. AJ was terrible in the 2nd half. Greg played his worst game of the season. Sims and Kai both had multiple bad turnovers in the last 10 minutes. Ultimately though they were again not put into a position to succeed by Shaka.

Just now, ztejas said:

Ramey was the only one who felt like balling down the stretch. You don't get a win for playing 30 minutes of basketball. AJ was terrible in the 2nd half. Greg played his worst game of the season. Sims and Kai both had multiple bad turnovers in the last 10 minutes. Ultimately though they were again not put into a position to succeed by Shaka.

AJ has had many games of disappearing the 2nd half after great first halves.  Greg and Kai today - yuck. 

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Shaka bullshittery is just funny at this point. Anyone still invested and hopeful he’ll figure it out must love punishing themselves. 

B12 Refs just ignore Shaka till he jumps on the court and then give him a technical -- he just doesn't know how to work the Refs nor coach the final 5 minutes of games...

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yes. It’s been this way for years regardless of if we are home or on the Russ. Not sure why y’all are surrounded or upset. 

If you want to shoot more FTs than your opponent, then you’ll need a coach who can design such an offense. We don’t have that. Shaka made his offensive style a while back.

I like you Pancho, and I know you’re a ref, but you’re too quick to defend them today.  This isn’t the first game with horrendously lopsided officiating for WV on the road. 2 of them involved major comebacks after being down 19

A lot of deference to the future HoF coach 

Edited by Js1

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Looks like Shaka's got this team all lubed up for a 12 over 5 upset special

At this point, a 5 would be generous but I’m definitely on this “we will be upset by the lower seed” boat.

Another March madness where I will disappointed by Texas basketball again.

Christ I wish we would have gotten Nate Oates before Alabama.

Just now, Pancho said:

At this point, a 5 would be generous but I’m definitely on this “we will be upset by the lower seed” boat.

Another March madness where I will disappointed by Texas basketball again.

Christ I wish we would have gotten Nate Oates before Alabama.

Yeah the new contract is a dealbreaker for trying to poach him after next year 

Just now, immamac said:

Fire this stupid mother fucker already. 

that would be nice and the right move for the program but we can't.  His motivational techniques and understanding/caring for his players is beyond reproach.  those things are good enough for Texas basketball.  It's apparent we really don't give much of a shit about it anyway.  This guy is going to have 7 seasons and will have a LOSING record in conf.  that should tell you all you need to know.

lots of excuses for him are made.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yes. It’s been this way for years regardless of if we are home or on the road. Not sure why y’all are surprised or upset. 

Yep. I can’t count the number of times we’ve had games just like this under Shaka. If you’re offense is just a bunch of perimeter passing, then bad, whistle happy officiating will feel much more one-sided. This has happened way too many times under Shaka to be just bad luck. It’s coaching and play style. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Shaka got that “we didn’t get to practice all week but I’m so proud of my warriors for playing” excuse all locked and loaded with all the other bullshit he focuses on besides being a good basketball coach. Shaka should go be a mentor at the boys and girls club so we can hire a real fucking coach.

imagine how much worse today’s game would have been if Shaka practiced with them all week. 

Just now, dcar00 said:

that would be nice and the right move for the program but we can't.  His motivational techniques and understanding/caring for his players is beyond reproach.  those things are good enough for Texas basketball.  It's apparent we really don't give much of a shit about it anyway.  This guy is going to have 7 seasons and will have a LOSING record in conf.  that should tell you all you need to know.

lots of excuses for him are made.

Or Texas just committed like $70+ million or something to fire and hire a new football staff and Shaka has a $10 million buyout. CDC ain’t doing it. 

Easy to get BMDs to fire Herman. They don’t answer the phone to fire Shaka 

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I like you Pancho, and I know you’re a ref, but you’re too quick to defend them today.  This isn’t the first game with horrendously lopsided officiating for WV on the road. 2 of them involved major comebacks after being down 19

In nowhere am I defending the officiating.

we’ve had foul discrepancies like this almost the entirety of Shaka’s tenure. I’d be surprised if you could find the last game where the opponent had more fouls that Texas when that Opponent isn’t a mid major.  That’s part of coaching. Recognizing that in no way means or implies I’m giving a pass to any ref. Neither one of those things are mutually exclusive.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Or Texas just committed like $70+ million or something to fire and hire a new football staff and Shaka has a $10 million buyout. CDC ain’t doing it. 

we could if we gave a shit.  we don't and he looks good in front of a camera speaking about motivational techniques.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. I can’t count the number of times we’ve had games just like this under Shaka. If you’re offense is just a bunch of perimeter passing, then bad, whistle happy officiating will feel much more one-sided. This has happened way too many times under Shaka to be just bad luck. It’s coaching and play style. 

yeah, but 37 to 11?  at home?  I think this is a record.  

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Shaka has a $10 million buyout.

Shaka isn't owed $10 million on the day we fire him. The termination fee is paid out over a period of time, in some instances a longer period than the contract itself would have lasted.

So, as I was saying last spring, someone needs to answer for how a $225m/yr athletic department can't cushion a $3m/yr blow like firing him would be. 

• Hook 'Em 1

huggins turned up the heat and press virginia gets to play D any way they want without getting called.  It happens all the time.  the officials are soft and wet as coed pussy and so is Shaka.  He's tony robbins.  

that said. where can we find ourselves a white guy that can shoot lights out in crunch time?

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

So we  need a more aggressive offense?

Or just learn to shoot FT's, when the opportunity comes. WV shot 70%. We shot 36%. Shot 70% and we win.

16 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don't disagree but how does a team that plays press D get to 7 mins left in the game (half) before getting called for their 2nd foul?  

He recruits well, puts players in the league, no scandals, doesn’t cheat.  He’s had a bunch of extremely close losses this season. He’s safe as can be with that buyout. 

Pierce is more in the hot seat than Shaka.  Basketball is below football and baseball in Texas prestige and importance. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

DP

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Now compare this to our chosen shot selection.

no argument from me on this.  I just want to point out that no matter who the coach is, this has to be a record.  Is part of the coaches' job to get his team to the free throw line or not?  I would think so, because stupid losses happen, to this stupid team more often than others, it seems. 

32 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This team doesn’t shoot many FTs in general because that’s the type of offense we run. It’s been like this for years. 

We killed WVU in points in the paint today yet no free throws to show for it.  Had nothing to do with the offense we run and everything to do with the refs swallowing their whistles.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

5 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I don't disagree but how does a team that plays press D get to 7 mins left in the game (half) before getting called for their 2nd foul?  

WV and Kansas every fucking year. Baylor doesn’t even get this shit and they’re the best chance at a championship for this conference