OU benchwarmer picking a fight with 2 wrestlers

52-80

51 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

I hate watching violence but this is what happens when you fuck with someone. I wonder if the other guy will be able to claim self defense since the pussy got a lawyer. 

Not a lawyer so someone feel fee to correct me, but the video should help and can be referenced because of the police report. I’d imagine that they will avoid criminal charges since it seems obvious OU kid started the fight. 

the thing is, if you know how to fight well then you usually know the rules when getting into a public altercation. Seems they showed restraint and were cornered in a bathroom. Sucks the ou guy will have forever injuries for being a dickhead kid, but thems the breaks.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

I hate watching violence but this is what happens when you fuck with someone. I wonder if the other guy will be able to claim self defense since the pussy got a lawyer. 

Your honor, we were trying to start shit, but miscalculated.  We'd like to seek sanctions against the guys who kicked our ass because they didn't have neon signs on their heads telling us" Watch the fuck out!"

Just now, slorch said:

Your honor, we were trying to start shit, but miscalculated.  We'd like to seek sanctions against the guys who kicked our ass because they didn't have neon signs on their heads telling us" Watch the fuck out!"

Yup. Even though they basically said “watch the fuck out”

fuck around and find out indeed  

3 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

As a kid who grew up in small town Texas, I had never heard of wrestling. When we moved to Oklahoma I was in Jr. High and I signed up for wrestling. Wrestled all the way through senior year in 6A. Was third in the state a few years. 

I can tell you this much: football makes you understand strength and brute force. Wrestling makes you understand how to use that against your opponent. If you tango with a solid wrestler you had better land the first punch square because you may not land another one before you go to the ground.

Yeah, it would have to be pretty much a knockout as wrestlers seem impervious to pain.  They're super tenacious and once they grab a hold of you it's not over until they want it to be.  I hung out with quite a few wrestlers, never even joked about kicking their asses

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yeah, it would have to be pretty much a knockout as wrestlers seem impervious to pain.  They're super tenacious and once they grab a hold of you it's not over until they want it to be.  I hung out with quite a few wrestlers, never even joked about kicking their asses

I coached youth football with a former wrestler- he's like 5'8 210, solid muscle, black belt BJJ, cauliflower ears, military buzz cut.  Nicest guy in the world but everything about him screams don't fuck with me.  I sometimes called him a pussy, just for amusement, knowing full well he could literally kill me in under 30 seconds if he was so inclined.

Don't put your hands on people. It's always been a rule, but the last 20 years really, really make it an unbreakable one. You don't know who is carrying or who has been training MMA since they were 12 like these guys, and all of it will be filmed and put on the internet forever. Lots of videos out there now of little dudes who started training BJJ or MMA from a young age just dicing up a bigger guy. Fighting was a halfway fun past time of dipshittery back in the day. Worst case scenario, you end up in a drunk tank for a night. Now? Usually big consequences.

This right here. I know some old dudes... I'm talking 70... Who have been training since before they were teens and they still train right now... High level martial arts... Trained and fought in Asia... They don't start it. They will walk away... Or finish it. Badly.

I know some young skinny dudes... Total IT nerds... They train jits every day at 5am. They'd rather get drunk than fight... Until there's something that looks like a shit-talker coming at them. Then they start looking at each other like, "this is going to be funny..."

I have a brother who put a dude on life flight, using just fists... And the other dude caught the case for starting it (my brother didnt want to pursue\testify - the dude got punished and educated with the 5 piece he caught...)

Drink your drink and look at ass.

Do not fuck around. You will find out.
  • Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

Where I train BJJ there are several ex highschool and a couple ex college wrestlers. Super nice guys but will tear you a new asshole. Fuckers are dedicated and know/love to train. 

The fucking stamina of those guys it what always blows me away. I’ve got about 3 min of all out fight in me. The have like 12-18 mins and are usually solid slabs of muscle. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

The fucking stamina of those guys it what always blows me away. I’ve got about 3 min of all out fight in me. The have like 12-18 mins and are usually solid slabs of muscle. 

What's scary is you never really lose it completely. When you've drilled moves tens of thousands of times your muscle memory is off the charts. It's just there waiting for the trigger.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

The "lifers" as I call them definitely don't process pain like the rest of the population. The ones that started wrestling in diapers and stuck with it as far as they could go are what I imagine drill sargeants wet dreams are made of.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Not a cat said:

When you're fucking with smaller dudes and they calmly ask each other which one they want, that's about when alarm bells should be going off in your head that something has just gone horribly wrong for you.  

Oh no.  Oh no.  Oh no no no no no no.   

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Mean motherfuckers that seem to like pain. Strong ass grip, quick and obviously love to take you down. They are a weird breed but I've rarely met one that was a pussy or quitter, in other words, from a post above, if you'r'e gonna throw a punch at one of them you better hope the first one is a near knockout.

7 hours ago, Not a cat said:

When you're fucking with smaller dudes and they calmly ask each other which one they want, that's about when alarm bells should be going off in your head that something has just gone horribly wrong for you.  

Somebody is always busy talking and he’s usually about to get his ass whipped because he gets caught flat footed. If you wanna roll, don’t wait on someone.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Somebody is always busy talking and he’s usually about to get his ass whipped because he gets caught flat footed. If you wanna roll, don’t wait on someone.

Either he or his buddy in the jean jacket popped the little guy before this all happened.  You do that, you better be ready to fight.

3 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

What's scary is you never really lose it completely. When you've drilled moves tens of thousands of times your muscle memory is off the charts. It's just there waiting for the trigger.

I’ve been around Hardell Moore a couple times, he’s in his early 40s and still moves like a cat, watching him was impressive. 

8 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Our coach in high school, I was not on the team, was one of the early Tough Man Contest fighters. He was fucking crazy, and still is. He's in this clip. I'll let you guys guess which one is him (they say he's a coach). One day, during a little break in basketball practice the wrestling coach came out of the locker while wearing a suit. I, normally a smartass, casually said as he walked by, "looking good coach". On my grandmother's graves I was not being a smartass in that moment. Well, he got into me and told me he was going to kick my fucking ass, yada yada yada.....Today we joke about that incident.

They are a different breed

There was also a documentary on Showtime about those early contests up here, sort of a precursor to the MMA/UFC. This Frank Caliguri listed on the first clip is a martial arts teacher in my town.

I personally have trouble watching wrestling. I have to turn away like a scared little kid because I have four fused vertebrae and when their necks and arms are doing things that mine can't do I look away.

Which is a source of amusement for a lot of the gals I grew up with who now have sons who have married wrestlers and have sons who are wrestlers. I take a good deal of ribbing for that.

If your old coach is the guy in the purple shirt, someone needed to teach him how to throw a proper punch. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I thought the OU player was the jeans jacket guy who got slammed into the wall. 

My understanding is that the OU player (he's the holder for their kicks) was the guy in the brown jacket.  There's a thread on IT about it.  Here's his punchable face . . . that got punched.  Looks to me like the dude in the brown jacket.

Spencer Jones

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

My understanding is that the OU player (he's the holder for their kicks) was the guy in the brown jacket.  There's a thread on IT about it.  Here's his punchable face . . . that got punched.  Looks to me like the dude in the brown jacket.

Spencer Jones

Listen I'm sorry someone pulled an Antoine Roccamora on this guy but you get what you pay for.

I'm an old fart now but I was a big guy that spent several years in the ring and could punch with both hands which means I was a handful in a standup fight. I grew up pretty much oil field trash in southern OK and west Texas and there is NO FUCKING WAY I would have ever messed with wrestlers. They are a different breed of cat and I was pretty much a pussy in terms of how those guys trained and the agony they were willing to absorb. You start hearing people chirping about 'wrestlers' and the two guys you are trying to bully say "which one do you want" and the correct move is to start buying beers all around. These guys didn't get that message. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Don't put your hands on people. It's always been a rule, but the last 20 years really, really make it an unbreakable one. You don't know who is carrying or who has been training MMA since they were 12 like these guys, and all of it will be filmed and put on the internet forever. Lots of videos out there now of little dudes who started training BJJ or MMA from a young age just dicing up a bigger guy. Fighting was a halfway fun past time of dipshittery back in the day. Worst case scenario, you end up in a drunk tank for a night. Now? Usually big consequences.

I’m going to quote this again for Truth. 

18 hours ago, 52-80 said:

poor dudes at the urinals probably literally pissed on themselves.

I was in a stall in Buenos Aires at kind of a converted cinema/theater-turned-club... it was probably between 3am and 5am and a fight started in the bathroom. (Stall is safer than standing urinal, especially if you're obviously not from that part of town... even worse if they identify you as a foreigner.)

I was not interested in seeing who was fighting, but a couple of guys kind of slam into the stall door and it kind of pushes open. I have one foot pushing against the wall behind the toilet and my back pushing the stall door closed until the fighting had died down. Maybe a bouncer or three came in and removed the fighters.

I wrestled one winter in 5th grade. I would get killed by anyone who wrestled one winter in 6th grade or more. I avoid fights, MMA people, fights with wrestlers, fights in bathrooms, fights in bathrooms with wrestlers, and fights in bathrooms with wrestlers and/or MMA guys after 3am...

That was my bathroom fight story. When shit goes down, keep that door closed so that you don't get pulled into a bathroom fight that you have nothing to do with.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I avoid fights, MMA people, fights with wrestlers, fights in bathrooms, fights in bathrooms with wrestlers, and fights in bathrooms with wrestlers and/or MMA guys after 3am...

That was my bathroom fight story. When shit goes down, keep that door closed so that you don't get pulled into a bathroom fight that you have nothing to do with.

1.  What about guys who aren't MMA people, but wear Affliction shirts?

2.  Did ya splash piss on yerself amidst all the jostling?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I was in a stall in Buenos Aires at kind of a converted cinema/theater-turned-club... it was probably between 3am and 5am and a fight started in the bathroom. (Stall is safer than standing urinal, especially if you're obviously not from that part of town... even worse if they identify you as a foreigner.)

I was not interested in seeing who was fighting, but a couple of guys kind of slam into the stall door and it kind of pushes open. I have one foot pushing against the wall behind the toilet and my back pushing the stall door closed until the fighting had died down. Maybe a bouncer or three came in and removed the fighters.

I wrestled one winter in 5th grade. I would get killed by anyone who wrestled one winter in 6th grade or more. I avoid fights, MMA people, fights with wrestlers, fights in bathrooms, fights in bathrooms with wrestlers, and fights in bathrooms with wrestlers and/or MMA guys after 3am...

You were taking a shit in a bar, don't lie.

• Hook 'Em 1

The other thing that is getting left off about wrestlers is that they know how to use leverage against you.

In some circumstances, being strong and having long limbs can be an advantage.  Those circumstances never include wrestling.  Ectomorphs rarely make good wrestlers, no matter how strong or athletic they may be in other circumstances.

I tried some real introductory wrestling that had 6th, 7th, and 8th graders competing by weight.  I was a tallish, skinny kid, but had started lifting using Nautilus machines, so was stronger than most of my peers at the time, especially for my weight.  I kept getting matched against younger and shorter, squattier kids that I knew I could outlift.  But even with the fact that none of us were any good, it was just too damned easy for the shorter guys to grab hold of something and throw you around and for them to get low so you couldn't move them.  It was really frustrating.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, ElChupacabra said:

As a kid who grew up in small town Texas, I had never heard of wrestling. When we moved to Oklahoma I was in Jr. High and I signed up for wrestling. Wrestled all the way through senior year in 6A. Was third in the state a few years. 

I can tell you this much: football makes you understand strength and brute force. Wrestling makes you understand how to use that against your opponent. If you tango with a solid wrestler you had better land the first punch square because you may not land another one before you go to the ground.

Growing up in Iowa, where wrestling is as big of a deal as it is in Oklahoma (if not bigger), every big dude who plays football knows not to fuck with a wrestler.  If you don't knock them out on the first punch, they're going to have you tied in a knot in about 10 seconds.

If it's a big dude who wrestles, just don't even bother.