OU benchwarmer picking a fight with 2 wrestlers

52-80

17 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wrestling was new at my HS in the 80s.  We had a wrestling coach who I think did some juco wrestling in OK or IA or NE where it's big.  He had kind of a bowl cut that covered the tops of his vaguely cauliflowered ears.  He was about 5-8, 160 or so.

The wrestling team worked out in the part of the gym that also housed the weight room the football players used.  It was a source of pretty regular amusement for the biggest and baddest linebackers to take on the coach or one of the better and decent sized team wrestlers and get rolled into a ball.

I have a kid that's a high school junior and is a good wrestler.  He played football his freshman and sophomore years, but decided to focus on wrestling starting this year.  In his sophomore year, one of the offensive linemen was messing around with him on the field after practice.  My kid took him down pretty quick.  They were just playing around, but the kid didn't see it coming.  Another kid, senior WR, got pissed at my kid (who was a DB) because my kid was going pretty much full speed in some drill.  Kid came after mine and ended up on his back pretty quick.  My kid is not the best (he's up there though) in the state this year, and was above average at varsity as a sophomore, but being an "okay" wrestler and understanding balance and using your opponent's strength against them is huge.

8 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

My understanding is that the OU player (he's the holder for their kicks) was the guy in the brown jacket.  There's a thread on IT about it.  Here's his punchable face . . . that got punched.  Looks to me like the dude in the brown jacket.

Spencer Jones

welp. He definitely don’t look like that anymore 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

If your old coach is the guy in the purple shirt, someone needed to teach him how to throw a proper punch. 

He was the one who lost the HWT final. I think yes, that he wore a purplish/blueish shirt. I think he'd describe his style back then as more Mauler rather than Boxer. I still wouldn't fight Coach Tursky.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I disagree

6efb7342691f120775e8f60b60d1e8e3.gif

A couple of the comments from the oudaily link are great:

Interesting Feb 21, 2021 7:23pm

Interesting that you create an account just to slander the guy. The truth will come out. I don't know if it was you in the fight, or one if your friends, but for a guy that's been practicing g MMA all his life that wasn't very impressive. It was classic elementary school sucker punch, and roll on the ground. Spencer had a bulky coat on, and was limited by that, and getting sucker punched. I know a lot of people that train to fight, are pretty cocky, and always looking for a way to get a jump on some u suspecting fool ti show how "great" they are, especially when they are running around with their brother watching their back. I don't think the two punk brothers are innocent in this while thing given the information available about them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You were taking a shit in a bar, don't lie.

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

1.  What about guys who aren't MMA people, but wear Affliction shirts?

2.  Did ya splash piss on yerself amidst all the jostling?

@BurntOrange&White

No bidets in bars or clubs, so no way.

You've got to take care of that before heading out for the night and avoid provoleta cheese at the steakhouse unless you know that you can stop by the house after dinner, but before going out. (That hard cheese causes disturbances in the force.)

@52-80

No, with all the fighting, I was stage frighting. Couldn't relax wondering what the fuck was occasionally banging against the stall door. Then the bolt gave and I was glad that I focused on the fighting and ready to quickly respond to push that thing closed with my back. 

Other than this photo, which was from the basement boys bathroom at a hotel that was hosting a part on a completely different night (maybe even a different YEAR), I prefer my trips to the bathroom to be rather uneventful.

The photo below was taken about 15 seconds after I entered the bathroom and saw a pair of black lace panties slide to the floor. Apparently the blue jeans wanted to just kick back and relax, but the white slip-on shoes with the ankle ribbon wanted to walk toward the back wall of the stall.

CD953DEE-1615-45A9-A87B-828F206227F2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Oddly enough, 2 nights later at my regular bar across town, I happen to notice these shoes and ankle ribbon again on a rather drunk English traveler who was at the bar with her boyfriend. Buenos Aires could be a big city and a small town at the same time.

I told her that I wanted to get a pair of those shoes for my sister, so she let me take a photo of them.

image.png.b1f6e9f047bf8ec2891497eb651c97ea.png

• Haha 2

Very interesting.  You square up to a guy.  Talk trash.  You push him.  But if you get hit, it's a "sucker punch".

My thoughts exactly. Two guys are in each other’s faces and one guys decides to lay hands on another (I know it was the blue jacket guy) only two things are going to happen. Someone backs down or other guy pushes back. He just chose to push your face..... with his closed hand.

Awesome video. Five stars, two thumbs up.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I make it a habit not to pick fights with wrestlers.  Also, if a little guy like that is that confident, be careful.  Sheesh

Guy had a genuine smile on his face. No false bravado, no posturing. When the smaller guy you just pushed is that cool and seems glad that you gave him an excuse, that’s a bad sign.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Guy had a genuine smile on his face. No false bravado, no posturing. When the smaller guy you just pushed is that cool and seems glad that you gave him an excuse, that’s a bad sign.

Yea as was pointed out, they were debating which one to fight as if this was a sport.  Glad to see the bigger guys get their comeuppance but wondering if the little guys are the likes to fight types?   Either way the big guys seem to have had it coming

4 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

He was the one who lost the HWT final. I think yes, that he wore a purplish/blueish shirt. I think he'd describe his style back then as more Mauler rather than Boxer. I still wouldn't fight Coach Tursky.

I wouldn’t want to fight him MMA style, either, but I might’ve stood a chance if it was purely boxing in a huge ring where he’d have problems trapping me in a corner.

- internet tough guy

On 2/21/2021 at 3:51 PM, Zeus said:

Commentated by a genuine retard

I mean, it's a college bar in Norman.

This is the kind of stupid ass ratchet content I'm here for. OU sucks. Someone photoshop Sark and Casey Thompson on the wrestler brothers vs Lincoln and Rattler.

• Hook 'Em 1