The Cloak Room is a terrible place.

Parliament

@Longhorn_Fan68 was called out for being either enthusiastically stupid or lying a couple of weeks ago and did everything in his power to deflect and avoid. Now he is on a one-man band tour to try and get me crowd-sourced by literally going back and negging every post, no matter the context or content, in order to be rid of me. He won't stop until I'm gone because he is a coward and a liar and by censoring me, it seems he thinks he will be rid of me.

But I will come back as Longhorn_Fan69 and every iteration and permutation after that and remind you that censorship never wins.

Just wanted to go on record before I can't post here any longer.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

58 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

@Longhorn_Fan68 was called out for being either enthusiastically stupid or lying a couple of weeks ago and did everything in his power to deflect and avoid. Now he is on a one-man band tour to try and get me crowd-sourced by literally going back and negging every post, no matter the context or content, in order to be rid of me. He won't stop until I'm gone because he is a coward and a liar and by censoring me, it seems he thinks he will be rid of me.

But I will come back as Longhorn_Fan69 and every iteration and permutation after that and remind you that censorship never wins.

that was a great way to spend my lunch hour

goofy-trial.gif

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Captainant said:

Bruh I'm pretty sure more than one aggy nutsqueezer was at Jan 6. Is this another one of those "antifascist fascist" galaxy brain things?

The Aggie Insurrectionists didn’t fail to overthrow a completely legal, legitimate democratic election that day.  They just ran out of time.  

Unfortunately, there are some of the Daily Texan posters who refuse to keep shit in the cloak room.  Captain Squints, the guy from Bama, decided to go into my travel thread and post political bullshit. 

We get it dude.  You are a cunt.  If you cannot handle the heat, get the fuck out of here.  

It is amazing how sensitive the Johnny Sack of Shits of the world are.  

• Fuck You 1

39 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Unfortunately, there are some of the Daily Texan posters who refuse to keep shit in the cloak room.  Captain Squints, the guy from Bama, decided to go into my travel thread and post political bullshit. 

We get it dude.  You are a cunt.  If you cannot handle the heat, get the fuck out of here.  

It is amazing how sensitive the Johnny Sack of Shits of the world are.  

You’re an angry single white woman past her child bearing years.  Enjoy traveling alone and your cats.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2

16 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

my travel thread

Speaking of, I saw the latest itinerary for your upcoming travels around the new year, but have you had a chance to pull together your thoughts post trip about your last visit to Italy? I saw the comments/photos you sent from there, but may have missed the summary...I've been wanting to try and make the Lemon Delight dessert recipe that we saw on the Tucci show but don't want to bother if it's not really worth the effort, especially since I won't have the Amalfi lemons.  Have you ever sampled one? I put a pic in your thread some time back but didn't know if you saw it. My spouse really likes citrus so I'd like to make him one if it's good as it's a lot fancier than the lemon bars/pies I usually do.

To make this CR related--the CR is not a terrible place, IMO, but people sure get butthurt about it. Any issue I have with DT is that if a current event being discussed takes on a political slant, posters won't take it to the CR to discuss with reasonable support and consideration for perspectives. I don't agree with everything Johnny Sack posts in the CR, but he does for the most part, attempt to outline an argument or line of thought. Any drive by posts that people make I usually just ignore-- I have children, and this is no different than that.

However, there is a strong undercurrent of "I'm right, everybody else is wrong" throughout the two forums on Surly, which is rather sad considering that I admire a good civil discussion  about various topics. But it could be worse. The Ag site is just a hot mess because it is stream of conscious thread posting (kind of like the football board is right now after the game) and impossible to follow with any coherence. And it's the whole set of forums over there. The only thread that stayed together was the QAnon thread that was several hundred pages long and was a hoot to read before it got axed. But after that, I found I didn't lurk as often to skim their perspectives because there is very little policy discussion and mostly just hot takes and gotcha posts. Boring.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/11/2021 at 1:04 PM, DonkeyCigars said:

Donkey got crowd-sourced again?

3e0h3r.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Real cool to see you admit that you think a woman's only value is in pumping out babies.

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

when little men are very angry with women the tend to lash out in very base ways. 

He also hates dogs.  I mean, who the fuck could hate Harvey and Rini?  

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Stop using words you do not understand the meaning to.  I was laughing because I apparently live rent free in your fucking heads.  You are all fucking pathetic.  Go beg some more.

Our sewing circle don't really care about you at the end of the day. We have other people that we actually care about to keep up with. Hell, you said it yourself, my asking for money is for my loved one in the end. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Our sewing circle don't really care about you at the end of the day. We have other people that we actually care about to keep up with. Hell, you said it yourself, my asking for money is for my loved one in the end. 

Well, your sewing circle seems to be pretty fucking concerned given the fact that I'm getting messages like this.

Screenshot_20211116-123344_Chrome.jpg

• Rage+1 1

If you're going to have Rep for all, then there should be a user role setup, where you can check a checkbox that says "Do you plan to post in the Cloak Room?" If they check "yes" then all rep should be disabled for that account. That way they can post in there all they want without these little lovers spats overflowing to other sections.

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:

If you're going to have Rep for all, then there should be a user role setup, where you can check a checkbox that says "Do you plan to post in the Cloak Room?" If they check "yes" then all rep should be disabled for that account. That way they can post in there all they want without these little lovers spats overflowing to other sections.

IMO there's an interesting discussion to be had on rep and rep/like systems on the internet. The FB papers had some really interesting internal studies from facebook that found that the "like" button was a pretty significant instigator of heightened emotions and anger, and especially so when they added specific emotion reactions.

Makes me think about all the times that people go nuts here from getting a neg or two and then fatwa'ing themselves like PAC did.

Granted there's no surly algorithm that's highlighting or artificially promoting content like there is on FB, but I can't help but wonder if it'd help lower the temperature of emotions to at least suppress notifications on rep by default or something like that. Would definitely go a long way to preventing rep slapfights

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

IMO there's an interesting discussion to be had on rep and rep/like systems on the internet. The FB papers had some really interesting internal studies from facebook that found that the "like" button was a pretty significant instigator of heightened emotions and anger, and especially so when they added specific emotion reactions.

Makes me think about all the times that people go nuts here from getting a neg or two and then fatwa'ing themselves like PAC did.

Granted there's no surly algorithm that's highlighting or artificially promoting content like there is on FB, but I can't help but wonder if it'd help lower the temperature of emotions to at least suppress notifications on rep by default or something like that. Would definitely go a long way to preventing rep slapfights

I can see that. It's basically like having a hype man standing behind you egging you on.

On 11/15/2021 at 10:14 AM, wildcat09 said:

Real cool to see you admit that you think a woman's only value is in pumping out babies.

depends upon one's view of exemptions on their tax return.

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

rep systems are definitely in place to increase engagement.  posrep doesn't do it as much as negrep does because posrep engages chemicals with fairly short half lives while negrep engages chemicals with much longer half lives (hours vs. minutes, iirc). 

The problem with rep in the CR is that someone may see a poster with lots of rep posting in a non CR thread and think that that person is fairly normal, when in fact they got all of their rep in the CR...which proves they are not normal. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Hate said:

The problem with rep in the CR is that someone may see a poster with lots of rep posting in a non CR thread and think that that person is fairly normal, when in fact they got all of their rep in the CR...which proves they are not normal. 

Dude, I know you almost 20 years.  Forum-specific rep or no forum-specific rep, in what timeline do you think anybody on this entire site is remotely fucking normal?  

Edited by Lobo