Nonfungible Tokens (NFT’s)

DonkeyCigars

25 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Snagged a LaMelo! #20229. I've never sold anything. Unsure if I should pull the trigger or if this is a good one to hold longer term.

Not his first moment but still rookie badged so probably ok to hold and hope those 35K go LE soon. You could sell but unless you have something in mind that you would rather hold I'm not sure I see the point.

I got the RJ Hampton Hustle and Show and a Ja Morant common on my pulls. Will probably just wait for an upcoming challenge on the RJ before listing anything.

Not his first moment but still rookie badged so probably ok to hold and hope those 35K go LE soon. You could sell but unless you have something in mind that you would rather hold I'm not sure I see the point.

The point would be that it looks like I can get 600%+ return on the cost of the pack

2 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

anyone know about this digital horse racing?  you can own a horse that you can race and sell but the horse is only real on the internet.

I'm jonesing to get in on this game. What's been keeping me away from it is that a decent digital horse is $1000+.  I may just buy an <$200 horse just to learn more about it.

They've announced there will be a drop of new horses later this week.  They're not free but they should be much cheaper if you're lucky enough.

Unlike NBA Top Shot, Zed horse racing requires more crypto knowledge especially in dealing with wallets and perhaps buying wrapped coins. 

Looks like we have 6 interested and everyone seems ok with up-to-$100. I will do some research on how we can buy one and is there a method to split it. Let's see if others are interested, and we can look to buy and pay for it later this week or next.

I believe many people buy horses here: https://matic.opensea.io/

Prices are a bit higher than I saw before. $300-350 is the entry for nags ready for the digital glue factory.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

5 minutes of searching produced this website that tabulates opensea info: http://zed-nucleus.com/opensea/

FYI, the lower the Z#, there's a better chance of very good racer.

If anyone wants to know what we're talking about here is a race: https://3d-racing.zed.run/replay/tiG6QQ56

You can also breed the horses to produce new ones, but it's not free. You make money by winning races, stud fees, or selling horses.

@NOMAAA @Angry Gorilla @huge @henrygandorf @PhillyD

FYI, I've learned a few things from youtube videos about ZED digital horse racing.

1. If you want a chance to buy on the Friday drop (the exact time is still not officially scheduled):

• You need to be set up with a Meta Mask wallet with balances ready to go in advance
  • The token to buy a horse is WETH (wrapped eth) but I'm currently not certain if the wallet needs to be on the Ether or MATIC network. Still learning. Don't wait until Friday to get started on this.
  • Credit cards are no good with ZED unlike Top Shot.
  • You will also need a ZED stable ready to go. 
  • I would also be prepared for mass chaos and likely tech problems on Friday.

2. It seems like a no-brainer that if you have the opportunity to buy a Genesis (newly minted and rare) horse on Friday, you can flip it for a profit even if you buy a horse for 15-20K. But there could be the lower bloodline horses available for much less. Less than $150?

3. For our shared horse, we need to decide what we want to do.

• I suggest that we buy one on the open market with a proven track record. A lower level one that has a >5% history of 1st place finishes and >20% in top 3.
  • We don't want a genesis horse from Friday's drop that never wins. A group horse needs to be fun.
  • We could find some deals this week as others are trying to pull together $$$ for Friday's drop.

Provide feedback if you have ideas for the group horse.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

@NOMAAA @Angry Gorilla @huge @henrygandorf @PhillyD

FYI, I've learned a few things from youtube videos about ZED digital horse racing.

1. If you want a chance to buy on the Friday drop (the exact time is still not officially scheduled):

• You need to be set up with a Meta Mask wallet with balances ready to go in advance
  • The token to buy a horse is WETH (wrapped eth) but I'm currently not certain if the wallet needs to be on the Ether or MATIC network. Still learning. Don't wait until Friday to get started on this.
  • Credit cards are no good with ZED unlike Top Shot.
  • You will also need a ZED stable ready to go. 
  • I would also be prepared for mass chaos and likely tech problems on Friday.

2. It seems like a no-brainer that if you have the opportunity to buy a Genesis (newly minted and rare) horse on Friday, you can flip it for a profit even if you buy a horse for 15-20K. But there could be the lower bloodline horses available for much less. Less than $150?

3. For our shared horse, we need to decide what we want to do.

• I suggest that we buy one on the open market with a proven track record. A lower level one that has a >5% history of 1st place finishes and >20% in top 3.
  • We don't want a genesis horse from Friday's drop that never wins. A group horse needs to be fun.
  • We could find some deals this week as others are trying to pull together $$$ for Friday's drop.

Provide feedback if you have ideas for the group horse.

Count me in for $100-200 for a shared horse... I would rather as earlier of a Z that we can afford. I've been looking at Zed for a while but because of the complexity and time that would need to be invested in research and racing I've avoided. I have a stable but no funded meta mask

2 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

How do you buy your first horse?  I funded my account by when I go to marketplace it just says Sold Out and wants me to join Discord.

That's Zeds market. You need to look at a third party market like OpenSea. Additionally if you join the Discord there are plenty of people listing there.

Edited by ZB'Tejas

3 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

How do you buy your first horse?  I funded my account by when I go to marketplace it just says Sold Out and wants me to join Discord.

1 minute ago, ZB'Tejas said:

That's Zeds market. You need to look at a third party market like OpenSea. Additionally if you join the Discord there are plenty of people listing there.

matic.opensea.io is the main secondhand marketplace. You can also see a for-sale horse listing on http://zed-nucleus.com/opensea/

The main website is only for new horse drops, which is happening on Monday. These drops will be extremely rare in the future.

There are people that sell directly to you. Be careful with that. I've heard there is a guy, Duffy's Racing?, that likes to help new owners with their first horses. They won't be Triple Crown winners but it gets you started for relatively low costs.

39 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

me as well.  i will tune in and wager large amounts on our pony.

FYI, right now they do not offer wagering but the expectation is that they will. 

Instead, owners have to pay to enter most races and then race to split the winnings. Odds are somehow created.

@NOMAAA @Angry Gorilla @huge @henrygandorf @PhillyD @ZB'Tejas @Zepol87 @Baboontyme @MonkeyDoughnut

I was bored and wanted to buy a horse off the opensea marketplace. I'm now the owner of Reasonable Measure, out of the Surly Stables. It was around $925.

Horse: https://zed.run/racehorse/14572  Stable: https://zed.run/stable/surly-stables  delayed stats: https://stats.zedstats.run/horses/14572

EDIT: Race at 6:35pm.  My first race, waiting on 12 horses to join: https://zed.run/race/gd54lM

If we want this to be our shared horse, cool. Or we can find another horse for the team.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so is the object to win races to win money?  or to build up a good record and increase the value of the horse and then resell it?

or all of it?

Yes.   

The 3rd and 2nd place finish bumped us up a Class to 3.

Next race:  https://zed.run/race/rN01ECU  (7:30pm)

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

We can get the final ownership list and then figure out the costs. I will ask everyone to toss in extra to cover future entry fees. Unless Reasonable Measures starts a win streak, then we're on easy street.

3 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

I'm good with this horse if everyone else it.  Z9 seems like it has some value.

I noticed that Z9 Genesis horses were selling above the amount I paid so it looked like a good deal for a horse that has finished in the money several times.

I almost included in my post above that I was in for whatever but would not be watching any online nft derbys. An hour later and I'm counting down the seconds.

So the surly horse that may or may not become the group horse drew the outside position? That doesn't seem good.