Nonfungible Tokens (NFT’s)

DonkeyCigars

Didn’t read more than a couple pages back. Anyone else grab a Bijan NFT?

EDIT - Saw a post about them. Was able to grab a core at cost.wish I would have known about drop day….would have tried for the rare. Nice NFT.

Edited by Tailgate

• 2 weeks later...

On Top Shot, I bought the Dwyane Wade vintage vibes, mainly because I was curious what it would be. I incorrectly assumed it would be many Wade moments. Instead I overpaid for a moment that has a mint of 240,000.  Unless there is something more to this moment, this was a big miss by Top Shot. The Wade moment is going to drag down the lowest floor for any moment.

On 10/31/2021 at 10:51 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

On Top Shot, I bought the Dwyane Wade vintage vibes, mainly because I was curious what it would be. I incorrectly assumed it would be many Wade moments. Instead I overpaid for a moment that has a mint of 240,000.  Unless there is something more to this moment, this was a big miss by Top Shot. The Wade moment is going to drag down the lowest floor for any moment.

Same. It wasn't clear at all that they were the exact same moment. Would not have bought 3 if I had known that. Hell, if I'd known there were 240K of the same moment, I wouldn't have bought any. Total BS. They've now joined the ranks of my lowest value moments. I'd say TS has to do something with them to make them valuable, but I don't have a clue what that would be. Challenges work for other cards, but with so many of them, that won't do anything either. 

22 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Without reading thru 12 pages can someone tell me the best place to buy this stuff and resell when its worth millions of dollars. Explain like i'm 5 please. TIA

Take a time machine back to April or May of 2021 and buy a few of each of these:

https://opensea.io/collection/boredapeyachtclub

https://opensea.io/collection/cryptopunks

https://opensea.io/collection/chromie-squiggle-by-snowfro

On 10/19/2021 at 11:33 AM, ZB'Tejas said:

Damn. So I had created a TS account for my son so he had a few early moments to sit on but I've just triggered the Identity check. Since he's not 18 he can't technically have an account but it's now locked. If I add my identity i'm guessing it would deny it since I already have my own account. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Closing the loop on this... I tried to validate ID but it got flagged since that was already in use with another account. After some back and forth with customer service they told me since my son was under 13 they don't allow anyone that age to have an account even with parental permission. They ended up refunding me everything I had spent on packs and the marketplace which is nice but confiscated the moments and the dapper account. Suck since I had at least $800 in dapper, not counting the moments value.

FYI, for anyone else that did something similar.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 11:41 PM, gyroprotagonist said:

yo i am giving away a free Crypto Raider nft.  giving surly a heads up here

i am no shit up $50K on this project.  gaming nfts are booming right now.

I missed this over the weekend, but good on you for sharing from your bounty.  This game has been a big W for me too - I didn't go nearly as hard as you did initially, but I sold another char last week and still have 11 total Raiders.  LFG!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

saw a scam that happens on these giveaways.  if the winner is announces, someone creates a similar handle and DMs the prize giver.  Then gets the prizegiver to send the NFT (or set up a zero cost private auction on OS) to their address.  so many scammers out there it's crazy.

I figure that most of the NFT giveaways on twitter are fake anyway. They usually ask the person to follow the giveaway twitter profile and tag 3 of your twitter friends. Then no one wins BUT the account may have earned 1000s of followers. Or they have set up a second account that is declared the winner. 

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I figure that most of the NFT giveaways on twitter are fake anyway. They usually ask the person to follow the giveaway twitter profile and tag 3 of your twitter friends. Then no one wins BUT the account may have earned 1000s of followers. Or they have set up a second account that is declared the winner. 

yeah, i just assumed that too.  I actually followed through and gave it away, lol.  it was interesting.  I am not a big twitter guy with a handful of followers.  I think i gained ~35 new followers to get to 140ish.  so 38% increase on a $200 NFT (that i got for a few pennies in MATIC fees).  

Yea, I stopped even entering Twitter giveaways.  The ones run through a Discord are much better and are done by a bot where you can see how many are entered, when it ends and who wins.

I won this bad boy in a BYOP giveaway yesterday:

https://opensea.io/assets/0xe70da20a2b10d60ca620a4e494fe2b37c9499e97/690

It's currently worth about ~$800

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, gyroprotagonist said:

yeah, i just assumed that too.  I actually followed through and gave it away, lol.  it was interesting.  I am not a big twitter guy with a handful of followers.  I think i gained ~35 new followers to get to 140ish.  so 38% increase on a $200 NFT (that i got for a few pennies in MATIC fees).  

You an influencer now!

5 hours ago, The Royal We said:

Yea, I stopped even entering Twitter giveaways.  The ones run through a Discord are much better and are done by a bot where you can see how many are entered, when it ends and who wins.

I won this bad boy in a BYOP giveaway yesterday:

https://opensea.io/assets/0xe70da20a2b10d60ca620a4e494fe2b37c9499e97/690

It's currently worth about ~$800

nice!  how is BYOP doing?  i remember that mint.  it was not a quick a flip.  i remember grinding like hell to turn a small profit.  all the traits were hard tell what was rare

14 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

nice!  how is BYOP doing?  i remember that mint.  it was not a quick a flip.  i remember grinding like hell to turn a small profit.  all the traits were hard tell what was rare

They've continued to perform and put out everything they planned on.  I'm still holding two pills and now 3 Apostles.  I'm in the green already on this one and still holding a lot of value, with BYOCrafts dropping soon too.

• 2 weeks later...

NBA Top Shot is coming out with a new Legendary pack next week, with improvements to reward their hardcore collectors with better chances while still giving everyone a chance at pulling a pack. Seems fair to me. Last year everyone had an equal shot at these packs so there were first-time buyers winning legendary packs and just flipping for a quick profit. Not to mention that Top Shot wasn't preventing bots or multiple-account-owners from participating.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

NBA Top Shot is coming out with a new Legendary pack next week, with improvements to reward their hardcore collectors with better chances while still giving everyone a chance at pulling a pack. Seems fair to me. Last year everyone had an equal shot at these packs so there were first-time buyers winning legendary packs and just flipping for a quick profit. Not to mention that Top Shot wasn't preventing bots or multiple-account-owners from participating.

Everyone a chance? I think even the general queue needs a 10,000 collector score which is not easy to get to.

• Hook 'Em 1

Other NBA Top Shot news: They're refunding 5% of a collector's Net Marketplace Spend.  Net = Buys - Sales on the Marketplace. Big news if you've bought more than you sold.

https://blog.nbatopshot.com/posts/2022-the-road-ahead

They took a snapshot on the 15th and sounds like the refund will be in terms of credit for future purchases. Presumably you could buy a moment, sell it, and then cash out.  The timing of the refund wasn't stated but I would guess around Xmas.

The obvious benefit is the increased liquidity that could bump up the prices, if anyone is looking to sell.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Barely missed out on one of the rare Top Shot packs sold today. The queue had 6500 packs for sale. When it ended I was 19th in line. Only needed a few more people to fall asleep waiting for their turn.

Ouch. I didn't qualify for the Legendary but was about 1000 behind for the Rare pack. I did end up buying the Booker 1st moment with dapper plus the spend credit. Overall my account is still around 60% of what I've put in so I guess I will just continue to hold and see how things continue to develop with this project.

3 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Ouch. I didn't qualify for the Legendary but was about 1000 behind for the Rare pack. I did end up buying the Booker 1st moment with dapper plus the spend credit. Overall my account is still around 60% of what I've put in so I guess I will just continue to hold and see how things continue to develop with this project.

I'm still down on paper but I've started using the frequent challenges to make small profits. I'll usually have a couple of players in the challenge. I sell if the price rises due to the challenge and the rebuy once the challenge is over.  Every once in a while you can score a $50 profit in a day. 

My goal is to use these profits to buy more moments for free. Potentially have as many active players as possible, which allows me to win many challenges or sell into the challenges.

None of this is large amounts, but its turned into a game for me. and hopefully one day I will score a Legendary pack.

dyor, but this opensea related $SOS seems legit.  you can check your claim here and it seems to be based on amount spent through OS.  mine was like 55 ETH spent and netted 450 mil of this token.  right now it's worth a whopping .12 eth.  I have claimed it from this site:  https://www.theopendao.com/ but not sold.  I have no expectation this will go up at all and probably should just take $ and run.  you can check the price on this dex https://www.dextools.io/app/ether/pair-explorer/0xb84c45174bfc6b8f3eaecbae11dee63114f5c1b2

i have not checked my other less used wallets.

36 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

dyor, but this opensea related $SOS seems legit.  you can check your claim here and it seems to be based on amount spent through OS.  mine was like 55 ETH spent and netted 450 mil of this token.  right now it's worth a whopping .12 eth.  I have claimed it from this site:  https://www.theopendao.com/ but not sold.  I have no expectation this will go up at all and probably should just take $ and run.  you can check the price on this dex https://www.dextools.io/app/ether/pair-explorer/0xb84c45174bfc6b8f3eaecbae11dee63114f5c1b2

i have not checked my other less used wallets.

I claimed mine today too - had ~282 mil but didn't sell it yet.  I like the idea of what they are trying to do with this DAO.

• Hook 'Em 1