Tiger Woods involved in rollover crash. suffered compound fractures in both legs

Longhorn_Fan68

12 minutes ago, Brew said:

Fucking sucks, it wasn’t that long ago when Sunday’s at a major with Tiger were must watch TV for me. There is no one out there that I have to watch on Sunday. I was also rooting for him to take down the record in his second act:

I root for the course. I want them angry and annoyed. Just like everyone else on a golf course.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

You think his ex-wife is having a good chuckle, as she sits on her pile of cash? I know if my cheater ex-wife had a bad car accident, I wouldn't hurry on down to church and light a candle for her. 

Unless she's a massive cunt she probably feels terrible her kids are having to deal with this with their father

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

I don't know who has had a more troubled fall from grace, it's just one thing after another and I think it all started after his father died, no?  he's just been a mess the last decade. sucks, he changed golf forever.  he actually made it a unquestionable sport.  it was always a game, but now it's professional sports and I think he gets 100% of that credit.  redefined the game.  that legacy will never be taken away from him - one of the all time greats, and changed the game forever.

27 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

What you mean? This is surly the land of doctors and lawyers and YouTube millionaires. It's not that expensive of a ride unless it's decked out top model which I'd be shocked if Woods was driving anything else. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest it was either a rental or a promo vehicle.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

That's not a mangled extremity. As a matter of definition, mangled extremity requires injury to at least 3 out of the 4 following things; bone, soft tissue, nerves and vessels. Isolated fractures of the fibula are often non-operative (depending on occupation). Fractures in multiple places of the tibia are more severe but again not uncommon. The foot and ankle fractures are probably the most pressing with regards to him playing again. Long bones heal fine most times, even segmental injuries. When you start involving joints, all bets are off. They did a fasciotomy, whether prophylactic or therapeutic unclear, though the statement makes it sound like the latter. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, naija said:

That's not a mangled extremity. As a matter of definition, mangled extremity requires injury to at least 3 out of the 4 following things; bone, soft tissue, nerves and vessels. Isolated fractures of the fibula are often non-operative (depending on occupation). Fractures in multiple places of the tibia are more severe but again not uncommon. The foot and ankle fractures are probably the most pressing with regards to him playing again. Long bones heal fine most times, even segmental injuries. When you start involving joints, all bets are off. They did a fasciotomy, whether prophylactic or therapeutic unclear, though the statement makes it sound like the latter. 

they didnt teach me half this much in premed

9 minutes ago, naija said:

7 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

they didnt teach me half this much in premed

He’s not pre-med.  He’s a personal injury attorney. 

• Haha 2

Ie, "Walk it off."

10 hours ago, Blotto said:

Ya think?

39687910-9292221-image-a-123_16141244680

Hopefully for Hyundai Corp this was driver error and not equipment failure. If Tiger hit the brakes and there was No Reply At All, Hyundai knows that they are In Too Deep here. It will be hard for them to Turn It On Again as far as public perception of vehicle safety is concerned. Now if Tiger was driving in an unsafe manner, playing Follow You Follow Me with another driver? Probably The Last Domino for him... Throwing It All Away like that is just a shame, That's All.

Edited by smuggs
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, naija said:

image.gif.858c480ed7c746b343b226aaa95087f2.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.outkick.com/david-chao-md-multiple-broken-bones-may-be-the-least-of-tigers-worries-expect-more-surgery-to-come/

Yikes

Although the public is focused on the multiple fractures in his right leg, ankle and foot, the real worry is the associated soft tissue injury. The ability for the bones to heal is not the biggest concern here.

The statement acknowledges the “trauma to the muscle and soft-tissue,” and this is what needs to be watched carefully. Even complex comminuted (multiple fragments) fractures can heal reliably. However, if the covering around the bone is not viable, that creates an even bigger problem of infection.

The statement acknowledges “comminuted open fracture” where bone fragments punctured through the skin in two different places on the shin. It also indicates there was enough crush injury and force that there is significant worry for swelling such that “surgical release of the covering of the muscle” (fasciotomy) was performed, which means Woods currently still has open wounds to his leg. Thus, the story is not over.

Woods will likely have several additional surgeries, at least to keep the wound clean, to debride dead/damaged tissue and eventually to close the wounds. In such cases, the damage is often so great that there is not enough healthy muscle or skin to cover the bone, and therefore a flap or tissue transfer is needed.

All of this is not to discount the significant bone injury. By report, Woods has a segmental (broken in two separate areas) tibia fracture that is shattered in many pieces. The possibility of further definitive fixation of the bones in the leg/ankle/foot also exists.

The statement does not indicate the presence or absence of nerve or artery injury, and the hope is that this implies there was none. It also makes no mention of the left leg, despite early reports of both legs being injured.

There is no question there was more force and initial damage here than when Washington quarterback Alex Smith suffered an open fracture that needed 17 surgeries and two years of recovery. The hope is that early action for Woods prevents an infection and the resultant complications, but no question this will involve more upcoming surgery and a long road to recovery.

Let’s get Tiger out of the hospital and walking before we discuss his golf future. He has beaten long odds to return before with his five back surgeries and spine fusion, but his odds are even longer now.

• Hook 'Em 1

An open wound might be as simple as a puncture of the skin alone. The statement simply doesn’t supply any more information than that. The number of open fractures that need what he describes is in the minority. Also Alex Smith’s injury happened on a presumably more contaminated surface. All Tiger might need is a skin graft for coverage. Without more information on the extent of the defects, hard to know. That they put internal fixation instead of external fixation is a positive sign.

If he needs a free flap, it will be apparent soon.

Smith needed that from the complications of the infection not the mechanism of the injury itself. Alex Smith has unwittingly become a sort of standard as to what one can achieve with skill and resilience

1 hour ago, smuggs said:

Hopefully for Hyundai Corp this was driver error and not equipment failure. If Tiger hit the brakes and there was No Reply At All, Hyundai knows that they are In Too Deep here. It will be hard for them to Turn It On Again as far as public perception of vehicle safety is concerned. Now if Tiger was driving in an unsafe manner, playing Follow You Follow Me with another driver? Probably The Last Domino for him... Throwing It All Away like that is just a shame, That's All.

image.jpeg.6ebf5c4bd3a1b6464f9e57ca12185bfa.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1