NY dad to be killed by exploding gender reveal device

clapclapclap

https://nypost.com/2021/02/22/catskills-dad-to-be-killed-by-exploding-gender-reveal-device/

A dad-to-be in upstate New York was killed when a device he was building for a gender reveal party exploded, state police said Monday.

Christopher Pekny, 28, was working on the device for his child’s gender reveal party in the Catskills town of Liberty when it blew up just before noon on Sunday, cops said.

The blast killed Pekny and injured his brother, 27-year-old Michael Pekny, who was treated for his injuries at the Garnet Medical Center in Middletown, according to police.

The Robin Hood diner in Livingston Manor, which has been owned and operated by the Pekny family since the 1980s, mourned the loss of Christopher in a statement. (snip)

...It’s just the latest in a string of tragedies caused by faulty gender reveal devices in recent years.

Earlier this month, a 26-year-old Michigan man died after he was struck by shrapnel from a malfunctioning cannon being used at a baby shower.

Another gender reveal pyrotechnic device sparked a massive wildfire in Southern California in September 2020, burning thousands of acres.

(Sorry about my hyphen key being broken.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Should have used hyphens - I thought it was like this guy got sentenced to be killed by a gender reveal device.  Although guys who go along with shit like gender reveal parties deserve it.

I did the same thing. My mind's eye was thinking, "Damn, he scheduled himself to be killed over this shit?"  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

https://nypost.com/2021/02/22/catskills-dad-to-be-killed-by-exploding-gender-reveal-device/

A dad-to-be in upstate New York was killed when a device he was building for a gender reveal party exploded, state police said Monday.

Christopher Pekny, 28, was working on the device for his child’s gender reveal party in the Catskills town of Liberty when it blew up just before noon on Sunday, cops said.

The blast killed Pekny and injured his brother, 27-year-old Michael Pekny, who was treated for his injuries at the Garnet Medical Center in Middletown, according to police.

The Robin Hood diner in Livingston Manor, which has been owned and operated by the Pekny family since the 1980s, mourned the loss of Christopher in a statement. (snip)

...It’s just the latest in a string of tragedies caused by faulty gender reveal devices in recent years.

Earlier this month, a 26-year-old Michigan man died after he was struck by shrapnel from a malfunctioning cannon being used at a baby shower.

Another gender reveal pyrotechnic device sparked a massive wildfire in Southern California in September 2020, burning thousands of acres.

All that procreatin talk busted your hyphen!

2 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Can you imagine the therapy needed for the eventual kids? Your dad blew up for your gender reveal, your parents burned down half of California so their friends could be wowed by the reveal, . . .

I think being born in 2021 is enough of a reason for therapy already. 

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Can you imagine the therapy needed for the eventual kids? Your dad blew up for your gender reveal, your parents burned down half of California so their friends could be wowed by the reveal, . . .

so how does that conversation end?  well, your biological father was more interested in showing off than actually providing for this family.  so be a good boy and get your new step dad a beer out the fridge.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Should have used hyphens - I thought it was like this guy got sentenced to be killed by a gender reveal device.  Although guys who go along with shit like gender reveal parties deserve it.

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

I did the same thing. My mind's eye was thinking, "Damn, he scheduled himself to be killed over this shit?"  

Thought the same thing, then thought this guy was in on it:

bc2a104da3a449a291f8df285dda3c5e_18.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Sanders said:

I feel really bad for the wife as she didn't appear to be very attractive. 

Yeah, I musta missed a meeting but in 2021...Fat Women are having a moment.  I mean, I know she's pregnant and all, but just seems like the wife/partner of every guy in the news lately for dumb shit (gender reveal, capitol assaults, proud boys, et. al.)...is just a 200# glop of shit.  How do women like that bathe, fuck, and walk around the house?  Average woman in Texas now has to be pushing 180.  That can't be healthy.  

7 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

The Catskill Brewery in Livingston Manor is legit.   

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Isn't it kind of cisgender biased to do these things any way

Fuck yeah it is, guy deserved it. Shoulda said “look!! we are assigning this one female at birth until or unless she I mean he I mean they tell us otherwise  Yay!! Time for fireworks!!”  Then the gender gods woulda smiled on that poor dad and he’d still be here with us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yeah, punctuation's all regarded and fucked up. It would've been more interesting the way I read the title the first time 

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I musta missed a meeting but in 2021...Fat Women are having a moment.  I mean, I know she's pregnant and all, but just seems like the wife/partner of every guy in the news lately for dumb shit (gender reveal, capitol assaults, proud boys, et. al.)...is just a 200# glop of shit.  How do women like that bathe, fuck, and walk around the house?  Average woman in Texas now has to be pushing 180.  That can't be healthy.  

Like most of the world, you were paying attention to the BLM movement. And missed the FWM(Fat Wives Matter) movement.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

Vic’s time to shine 

Just now, Js1 said:

Vic’s time to shine 

That's true.  What's Chazz's old saying "Grief is nature's most powerful aphrodisiac"?  Plus you already know this broad puts out.