#14 Texas vs. #17 Kansas - 8 PM, ESPN

Machinator

Just now, JackBurton said:

Shout out to my main man Jalen Wilson for doing us a solid and throwing the ball out of bounds on that clear layup 

That asshole cost me some money missing that free throw.

But I can't be upset, at all, about Texas beating KU twice in basketball. 

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Sweeping a tournament-bound KU matters.

Matters how? It's awesome, no doubt. I'm not sure how much it really "matters" though. It will hopefully help Texas get a better seed. But so would have beating WVU or not losing to osu in double OT.

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Matters how? It's awesome, no doubt. I'm not sure how much it really "matters" though. It will hopefully help Texas get a better seed. But so would have beating WVU or not losing to osu in double OT.

If it came down to Texas/KU for the last 4 seed, we’d have the sweep. Committee will committee, but it’s still a valid metric. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It matters from a sentimental and psychological perspective. They're a blue blood that has owned the league (and us) since its inception. Going 2-0 against them is a big deal, and we have people in this thread who are immediately glossing over it because we junked our way to a win (true). It's OK to enjoy the moment, sometimes, as flawed as we are.

Edited by Machinator
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It matters from a sentimental and psychological perspective. They're a blue blood that has owned the league (and us) since its inception. Going 2-0 against them is a big deal, and we have people in this thread who are immediately glossing over it because we junked our way to a win (true). It's OK to enjoy the moment, sometimes, as flawed as we are.

Plus, it's just fun to kick them while they're semi-down

• Hook 'Em 2