First migrant facility for children opens under Biden

fakebusiness

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Again, what do you think the criticism is here? Do you think this is a bad policy? If so, why? These are things I'd like explained. 

Further, what do you think the intention of the thread was? Do you actually think @fakebusiness was looking for honest discussion? Have you read any of his other posts? 

I’m not against the policy. That’s why I don’t know why he got 20 negs on the post.  Biden isn’t going to get everything perfect, that’s understandable. And you can’t point that out unless you are b_t, DD, or one of the other well known L’s without fear of serious repercussion. 

I don’t know his posting history. I know he wasn’t L but didn’t think he was a Trumper. Thought he was a Bernie guy? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

I’m not against the policy. That’s why I don’t know why he got 20 negs on the post.  Biden isn’t going to get everything perfect, that’s understandable. And you can’t point that out unless you are b_t, DD, or one of the other well known L’s without fear of serious repercussion. 

I don’t know his posting history. I know he wasn’t L but didn’t think he was a Trumper. Thought he was a Bernie guy? 

image.gif.e55b0601070b809fc1c9e8c2253e1129.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Go lick your wounds.

Lol.  Idgaf that the CR has devolved into a pure circle jerk with like minds repping each other to the point they can never be banned.  Big talk when you know you literally can’t be sourced but your opposition can in a heartbeat.   I know it’s a running joke, but actual back and forth discussion long moved to the DT boards. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

30 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Because your not on the correct side to make posts here, much less start threads. 

Wrong. 

26 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

No, it'll get him banned because he is being disingenuous. The Trump era policy had to do with forcibly removing children from their families and then sending families home with no way to ever reunite with their children. This policy has to do with housing unaccompanied minors that come to the US while their immigration status is determined, and housing them in a way that protects them from covid. It'll get you banned too if you refuse to acknowledge the difference.  

Right. He is concern trolling and that is a wholly dishonest tactic. 

Actual supporters of open borders can hate on both Biden and Trump.  Fakebusiness isn't that though. Given his posting track record, he is likely a supporter of Trump policies who pretends not to be by using well worn trolling tactics like this. 

The actual discussion should be about humane detention policies versus Trump era inhumane policies, but fakebusiness intentionally led it a different way so he can get the inhumane policies he seems to desire. You see the same tactic used when dishonest people try to make comparisons between the Capitol attack and BLM protests. The fact that you, fattyflattie, may find the Capitol attack similar to a protest that escalated to looting and property damage shows that these tactics are successful elsewhere. However, the events simply aren't similar in intent or results.  Same with Biden vs Trump detention policies. But in the cloak room, we don't tolerate that type of dishonest posting style. If you want to endure gaslighting and concern trolling, the daily texan allows it, and texags is built on it entirely. 

On the other hand, if you are someone who supports family separations just own up to it and you will be more welcome here than someone who engages in discussion dishonestly.  But if you know your side is so wrong that you won't admit to a position and instead troll or gaslight, maybe you should think about changing your position. Why support a position that you feel bad supporting when there are alternatives you can feel good about?  

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol.  Idgaf that the CR has devolved into a pure circle jerk with like minds repping each other to the point they can never be banned.  Big talk when you know you literally can’t be sourced but your opposition can in a heartbeat.   I know it’s a running joke, but actual back and forth discussion long moved to the DT boards. 

He was sourced because he is a troll. Notice how you haven't been sourced? You admit ignorance of why the community may be reacting strongly to his nonsense, but you have no issue boldly proclaiming an opinion on it. Maybe you should look into that.

Back to the topic: if there is a legitimate criticism of this policy, I'd love to hear it. 

Wow, that’s a lot of shit to disingenuously put into someone’s mouth. 

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

The fact that you, fattyflattie, may find the Capitol attack similar to a protest that escalated to looting and property damage shows that these tactics are successful elsewhere.

I was on record that every one of those seditionist fuckers should have been shot on-site.  So go fuck yourself on that one. 

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

But in the cloak room, we don't tolerate that type of dishonest posting style.

Well, you accidentally left Obama’s kid caging policy out here. Unless kids in cages are cool for me, but not for thee?

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

The actual discussion should be about humane detention policies versus Trump era inhumane policies,

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

On the other hand, if you are someone who supports family separations just own up to it and you will be more welcome here than someone who engages in discussion dishonestly. 

On the other hand, if you are someone who is full of shit and makes accusations to bolden your argument, you might fit in.   Fuck that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

21 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Well yeah he did fuck that part up. 

I expect people on the R to post and discuss when the Biden group doesn’t get it right (not necessarily this instance) and I expect the L to say “but Trump”.   That’s all I can see for an extended amount of time. 

If it's all you can see then it's all that you're looking for.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh here we go!

Wah, its the liberal circle jerk because I came into defend a troll without offering any substantial arguments so now I will whine about it.

DT is back and forth "discussions" by those who left the CR because of their abhorrent views that they didn't want to defend, just make snarky responses, and the mods gave them a space space to do it. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’ve gotten real fucking close.  And I don’t troll, or have socks, or any of that other bullshit. 

I expect to be sourced soon, based on having raised the ire of a few dummies, despite not being a troll and having an opposite point of view, values beliefs and political ideals of most here, and being pretty open and honest about them. Granted, I probably have earned some negs for sometimes when my tone or some posts get snarky and stray for sharing a point of view, but laughing and making fun of Brisket is too hard to avoid because he's the worst.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

Anyhow, I'm pretty sure we've had a lot of these arguments when Trump first started separating kids from parents and the GOP would go "OBAMA DID IT!" 

• Unaccompanied minors versus forcibly separating kids from parents
  • Cages versus temporary housing units
  • Holding them versus kicking them back to Mexico or just letting them go and get lost in the system/underground (oh the open borders crowd would LOVE that one)
  • Not cramming them into cages due to COVID versus responsible COVID mitigation measures 
  • Hook 'Em 1

Wow, that’s a lot of shit to disingenuously put into someone’s mouth. 

I was on record that every one of those seditionist fuckers should have been shot on-site.  So go fuck yourself on that one. 

Well, you accidentally left Obama’s kid caging policy out here. Unless kids in cages are cool for me, but not for thee?

On the other hand, if you are someone who is full of shit and makes accusations to bolden your argument, you might fit in.   Fuck that. 

I don't know your thoughts on the capitol attack which is why I used the word "may."  It is simply a current example of the effective use of trolling tactics.

I haven't accused you of anything either. But your defensive posture indicates that you don't want to admit supporting something bad.  You even threw a "but Obama" in there.  I was against the way Obama did it too.  But one wrong from one admin doesn't excuse an even greater wrong from another admin.  So quit trying to use it as an excuse and own Trumps policies if you actually support them. And if you don't actually support them, quit excusing them which makes you seem like you do. From your few previous posts, I would have assumed you support what Biden is doing. But your seeming refusal to acknowledge how it varies from Trump policy tells a different story.

To me, Biden is doing better than Obama and way better than Trump.  Its really, an A, B, or C choice

Obama-cages, no family separation

Trump-cages, family separation

Biden-no cages, no family separation

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The DT is a safe space for simpletons who don’t like being challenged with conflicting information. It is full of posters “just asking questions”.  They either do not posses the intellectual capacity to process new information or get their feelings hurt when confronted with a different opinion. Now, you may read this assertion and believe it evidence of the bad CR people attacking one for your opinion, but that is the crux of the issue, at this stage of the discussion, it is an attack because you failed to process the information presented in the thread, and desired your opinion receive the same consideration as others that did comprehend the variables, like the posting history of the OP, the obvious “gotcha” presentation of the OP, the lack of substantive discussion or opinion of said topic by the OP, and subsequent discussions thereof. So yes, for certain posters, they retreat to the DT threads where they are not challenged or called our for lack of comprehension. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I expect to be sourced soon, based on having raised the ire of a few dummies, despite not being a troll and having an opposite point of view, values beliefs and political ideals of most here, and being pretty open and honest about them. Granted, I probably have earned some negs for sometimes when my tone or some posts get snarky and stray for sharing a point of view, but laughing and making fun of Brisket is too hard to avoid because he's the worst.

Eh, you do troll sometimes but not always. There's a balance. Your posts on Cruz seemed honest.  Fakebusiness is all troll. 

I don't know your thoughts on the capitol attack which is why I used the word "may."  It is simply a current example of the effective use of trolling tactics.

I haven't accused you of anything either. But your defensive posture indicates that you don't want to admit supporting something bad.  You even threw a "but Obama" in there.  I was against the way Obama did it too.  But one wrong from one admin doesn't excuse an even greater wrong from another admin.  So quit trying to use it as an excuse and own Trumps policies if you actually support them. And if you don't actually support them, quit excusing them which makes you seem like you do. From your few previous posts, I would have assumed you support what Biden is doing. But your seeming refusal to acknowledge how it varies from Trump policy tells a different story.

To me, Biden is doing better than Obama and way better than Trump.  Its really, an A, B, or C choice

Obama-cages, no family separation

Trump-cages, family separation

Biden-no cages, no family separation

I don’t disagree with any of that.  I am more of Bush immigration type, if I had to pick one I guess?  Either way, our immigration is a mess and none of the administrations have figured it out. We’ve gone from not doing much, to doing WAY too much, and everything in between. I hope Biden can figure it out in a sensible way. 

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I hadn't negged you earlier because you weren't dishonest. You may have noticed that I justify my negs. They are almost always for dishonesty.

Your sentence above misrepresents the facts to such a degree that it constituted disingenuousness at the very least. 

More than once, the distinction between the "me" and "thee" policies has been pointed including quotes from the article. These are teenagers. These are unaccompanied children. These people are being placed in mobile homes due to Covid risk.

To state this is apples to apples "kids in cages" is a flat out lie. And you should know it.

Despite the lessons of the last five years, dishonesty should have consequences. Negged.

Also, I don't hold grudges, so I'm not going to be hunting you down to neg the fuck out of you. If you write something funny, you'll get the smiley face. If you write something cogent, you'll get a positive response.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

Eh, you do troll sometimes but not always. There's a balance. Your posts on Cruz seemed honest.  Fakebusiness is all troll. 

Maybe this is a conversation for another thread, but what is the definition of trolling? So many think having an opposite point of view or opinion is being a troll. Having a difference in thinking is being a troll. Poking fun at things/opinions/issues for those with which you disagree with is trolling?

Because I would argue Brisket's insane posts are the epitome of trolling, when he says outlandish things that are divorced from reality, but he does so by trying to pass it off as serious (e.g. Texas is a failed state, here are 10 tear-stained paragraphs why, the GOP orchestrated the most horrific disaster in US History by not winterizing the grid, and literally dozens of more troll takes over the past year). But maybe it's not trolling either? I need a primer on what trolling means I guess.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

20 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I’ve gotten real fucking close.  And I don’t troll, or have socks, or any of that other bullshit. 

17 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

spacer.png

Maybe this is a conversation for another thread, but what is the definition of trolling? So many think having an opposite point of view or opinion is being a troll.

No one thinks that, or do you have proof?

I believe you are a perpetual victim based on your posting. I can see that you are attempting to equate a program that actively separated children from their parents and concentration camps to a converted man-camp which is for unaccompanied minors which features health care, schooling, and access to necessities.

You will never not be responsible for the kids whom were abused and died in the GOP’s concentration camps.

So go fuck yourself, kindly or otherwise.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I find the idea that the real back and forth happens in DT hilarious. Non-Trumpers are literally barred by the mods from engaging in any political back in forth in DT, the DT posters whine to the mods every time we try to engage with them there, and our posts inevitably get moved here. DT is the safe space where they don't want to even be exposed to different ideas.

Here we'll brutally shame you for being evil, disingenuous, or stupid, but we're certainly not afraid of hearing different ideas. We just think pro-Trump ideas suck and will let you know.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

Wrong saints. Jerome is the patron of Internet trolls.

"I have often myself feigned a controversy to practise declamation," he once wrote, kicking back in his cave with his pet lion. 

Screen-Shot-2018-12-17-at-4.10.34-PM-1.p

This is to whom we must dedicate some of our prayers for the salvation of those souls in this site's purgatory, such as "Fakebusiness / AmericanSwindle / Fozz" and of course that most damned of souls, TtomTerrific. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Your sentence above misrepresents the facts to such a degree that it constituted disingenuousness at the very least. 

More than once, the distinction between the "me" and "thee" policies has been pointed including quotes from the article. These are teenagers. These are unaccompanied children. These people are being placed in mobile homes due to Covid risk.

I wasn’t speaking to the article at that point, apologies if that wasn’t clear.  I was replying to a post. Article wasn’t accessible for me. 

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

To state this is apples to apples "kids in cages" is a flat out lie. And you should know it.

Also, wasn’t my intention.  The poster called out one admin for doing something that a popular previous one had also done. That is disingenuous.  Now had he said several admins have gone the cage route, then Trump and Miller went the hold my beer route, well there’s no real way for me to deny, and definitely not defend that.  But Obama did some shit that had bad optics. Then Trump did.  Then Trump turned it up to 11 (or eleventy). 

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Despite the lessons of the last five years, dishonesty should have consequences. Negged.

Fair enough.  But there’s room on (gasp) both sides for this.  Did it hurt my feelings when the new redhead made a gay slur about Lady G?  No.  Do I think there would be a 10 page thread demanding resignation if it was the hot chick Trump had tweeted buttfucker Buttigieg?  It was a 6 hours story and then disappeared.  

I just want to return to normalcy, and everytime I hear “but Trump” I have to think about that motherfucker again. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah and this doesn’t have shit to do with Trump.  20 fucking negs for posting an article that isn’t the best look is fucking stupid.  Glad we get to hear “but but but Trump” for the next 50 years everytime the new admin doesn’t get it right.  Good on AOC by the way for calling it like she’s sees it. We need a lot more of that in this world. 

What is your solution for what we do when we find an illegal minor?  Drop them at the border and say good luck?  Prosecute them and have them stay in jail while they wait?  Place them somewhere they can easily disappear?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What is your solution for what we do when we find an illegal minor?  Drop them at the border and say good luck?  Prosecute them and have them stay in jail while they wait?  Place them somewhere they can easily disappear?

This has been asked roughly 5 times already. They're not going to answer, but they don't have to. They want the children caged. They just view this as a moment to point out hypocrisy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

No. I don’t have a problem with what they are doing now if it is safe and humane.  An over crowded cage and losing kids is fucking unacceptable.  

eta: I also don’t believe it should mean guaranteed citizenship.   My order of importance is: 1) safety 2) comfort (not in cage on floor, not in 4 seasons on taxpayer tit. 3) what to do with you afterwards.    #1 and #2 should be mind numbingly simple.  #3 is what no one has been able to figure out, so I find it funny you are calling me out for not having a plan when not a single admin has gotten it right to date. 

Edited by fattyflattie

16 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Maybe this is a conversation for another thread, but what is the definition of trolling? So many think having an opposite point of view or opinion is being a troll. Having a difference in thinking is being a troll. Poking fun at things/opinions/issues for those with which you disagree with is trolling?

Because I would argue Brisket's insane posts are the epitome of trolling, when he says outlandish things that are divorced from reality, but he does so by trying to pass it off as serious (e.g. Texas is a failed state, here are 10 tear-stained paragraphs why, the GOP orchestrated the most horrific disaster in US History by not winterizing the grid, and literally dozens of more troll takes over the past year). But maybe it's not trolling either? I need a primer on what trolling means I guess.

Brisket speaks his own beliefs.  That isn't trolling whether or not you agree with them.  Trolls tell you things they don't believe in order to guide you a different way or fuck up the discussion entirely.  You can be "out there" as long as you believe it.

"Fuck it all" style trolls don't really believe in anything, but try to fuck up discussion entirely.  Concern trolls and gaslighters do have beliefs, but rather than admit or opine on them directly, they attempt to disrupt counter arguments by both sidesing 2 incomparable sides, or attempting to misconstrue facts.  On political message boards, this pretty much always happens because the gaslighting troll almost always knows that his viewpoint will be seen as bad so he doesn't want to admit to that viewpoint.  And since very few people want to openly offer support for neo-Nazis or the actual overthrow of our government, they instead try to scuttle or cloud the opposition to neo-Nazis or the arguments of those who don't support the violent overthrow of our government.

Trump offers one easy example.  He supported white supremacists in Charlottesville, but even he knows he can't take that position openly.  So instead, he uses the "good people on both sides" argument.  I suppose we have come a long way in that even people who hate black people or Jews know they can't just go around saying that, but the fact that intent can be so easily masked these days may eventually lead to devastating results.

Another example is the Capitol attack.  Many Trump supporters, and GOP supporters, wanted the overthrow to work.  But since it didn't, and they can't admit to that desire, they use a variety of tactics to soften the intent of the Capitol attackers.  They "both sides" them with BLM protesters.  They offer false flag theories.  They maintain the "just asking questions" troll regarding non-existent election fraud.

Now, one can make the argument that this is just a message board or just the internet, so it doesn't matter.  However, GOP Senators are using these same exact tactics right now in their attempt to kill the investigation into the Capitol attack.

So its all about honesty rather than content.  There are left wing groups that support overthrowing the government and they tell you that.  Right wing groups that support overthrowing the government tell you a load of bullshit rather than that.

• Hook 'Em 3

It’s almost like this board doesn’t neg people for where they stand on issues but how they stand up for their beliefs.

If you’re a disingenuous, hypocritical, low information, whatabout, trolling shitbag then you’re going to have a bad time here.

It’s just that one side of the political spectrum has a tendency to be mostly disingenuous, hypocritical, low information, whatabout, trolling shitbags.
  • Hook 'Em 5

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

No. I don’t have a problem with what they are doing now if it is safe and humane.  An over crowded cage and losing kids is fucking unacceptable.  

eta: I also don’t believe it should mean guaranteed citizenship.   My order of importance is: 1) safety 2) comfort (not in cage on floor, not in 4 seasons on taxpayer tit. 3) what to do with you afterwards.    #1 and #2 should be mind numbingly simple.  #3 is what no one has been able to figure out, so I find it funny you are calling me out for not having a plan when not a single admin has gotten it right to date. 

No one is “calling you out” for not having a plan. The OP was attacking the current President with a false equivalence argument. You defended said OP. Now, you are being engaged with discussion. Do you agree with any criticism of the current plan? If so, what do you propose as a solution? If you don’t have a solution, that is fine, but no one is “calling you out” for it. 

Edited by Neonmoon

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Damn, son.  Do some fucking homework.  You wonder why people pile on?  It's because you're either (a) stupid (b) lazy or (c) a troll.  There are no other explanations.  Obama's policies were not what you are implying they were, but I'll leave it to you to figure out why, you worthless sack of shit.

Neg repped.

27 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Damn, son.  Do some fucking homework.  You wonder why people pile on?  It's because you're either (a) stupid (b) lazy or (c) a troll.  There are no other explanations.  Obama's policies were not what you are implying they were, but I'll leave it to you to figure out why, you worthless sack of shit.

Neg repped.

Oh hey the smartest guy in the room showed up. Fuck off. 

Can someone tell me what kind of a world we are living in where the entire purpose of a political party is to play disingenuous and hypocritical gotcha games after they tried to destroy the very fabric of our system of government for the last 4 years?  I'm fucking tired of it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Damn straight, skippy.

“If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room."

Have you ever done the back of the napkin accounting of the opportunity cost for being on this site? You would probably be running a multi-million dollar business or created a new product or done something else valuable with your brain. Instead, you outsmart and bludgeon folks on a website. You are the last of the old school engineers, I guess.

• Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Have you ever done the back of the napkin accounting of the opportunity cost for being on this site? You would probably be running a multi-million dollar business or created a new product or done something else valuable with your brain. 

Why do you suppose I haven't done those things?

Moreover, if I have so much intellectual headroom, shouldn't I be the most justified in fucking around between work efforts on a sports website?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Can someone tell me what kind of a world we are living in where the entire purpose of a political party is to play disingenuous and hypocritical gotcha games after they tried to destroy the very fabric of our system of government for the last 4 years?  I'm fucking tired of it.

A world like 1984.  Or maybe closer to Handmaid's Tale.  A lot of the focus of Handmaid's Tale is on religion and patriarchy, and we can certainly see the potential for that in a bad distant future.  However, the means by which Gilead took over the USA is already on clear display here.  They committed terror attacks against Congress, the White House, and the SCOTUS.  But they didn't take credit for them.  They used false flag arguments and disinformation in order to have constitutional rights suspended, and positioned themselves to fill the power vacuum.  And this was all after biding their time and increasing their numbers in the government in military.  The GOP is trying its best to follow that playbook to grab power permanently even if their goals may differ once they actually seize power.  We are still in the process of a textbook fascist coup.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

The GOP is trying its best to follow that playbook to grab power permanently even if their goals may differ once they actually seize power.

Yes the GOP is the one trying to add the voters from DC and PR to their permanent coffers, forever changing the math in favor of one party.  

What is wrong with power grabbing?

Power grab is the fundamental mechanism of politics in a Democratic Republic. Many Democrats have gone on record being honest that they are for things to sway votes/electoral college their way forever (e.g. things like packing courts and adding DC as a state and PR as a state, etc.), not because there is an altruistic or utilitarian reason, but because that is how power is wielded and things get done.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

It would be fair to say that Democrats seek to gain power through enfranchisement while the GOP seeks to gain power through disenfranchisement

I think so, that's fair, for sure.

I think the most fair thing would be to say Democrats want to gain power through enfranchisement because that is where their untapped target market is and the only option for growth and success while the GOP seeks to, formerly keep, and now gain power through the disenfranchisement which is trying to slow the Democrats growth through lawful (and, to be fair, gray area and sometimes unlawful) means.

In other words, there is nothing intrinsically virtuous in Democrat or GOP, they are only acting/reacting to the variables and inputs that determine their end result.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Yes the GOP is the one trying to add the voters from DC and PR to their permanent coffers, forever changing the math in favor of one party.  

Why are the coffers permanent?  You might find that Puerto Ricans are quite conservative on average if you knew them.  Perhaps they'd get the GOP to drop the racial portion of their platform which would be a good thing.  The Southern strategy was built entirely on racism, and its well past time for the GOP to be forced to abandon it for the true middle.

At any rate, one side wants more Americans who are currently eligible to vote to actually vote, and also wants to allow American citizens to vote who are currently ineligible to vote.   And the other side wants to prevent currently eligible Americans from voting, and also prevent other Americans from gaining the right to vote.  These simply aren't the same things.  One calls for increased access for all people.  The other calls for disenfranchisement.  Personally, if we are going to turn into a tyrannical state, and we seem to be headed that direction, I think it would be preferable if the tyrants had to first obtain an actual majority to make that happen.

Also as a Republican, how can you justify a DC resident paying any federal tax at all really?  Because that would be an alternative solution.  US citizens who don't have representation in either the House or the Senate don't have a say in how government money is spent, and should be exempt from federal income tax.

• Hook 'Em 2

Also as a Republican, how can you justify a DC resident paying any federal tax at all really?  Because that would be an alternative solution.  US citizens who don't have representation in either the House or the Senate don't have a say in how government money is spent, and should be exempt from federal income tax.

We fought a war over this.  It's a founding American principle - no taxation without representation.

But it's not like Republicans are pro-American ideals anymore. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1