Home Improvement Kid Actor is a Bit Strangly

Doc Reeves

Who of us haven’t tied to strangle a woman or 2.

Also, I’d like to get the number to his lawyer. Damn.

Zachery Ty Bryan has been sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to two felony counts on Tuesday.

The former Home Improvement star, 39, entered a guilty plea for "menacing and assault in the fourth degree constituting domestic violence," the Lane County District Attorney in Eugene, Oregon, tells PEOPLE in a statement.

"He was sentenced to 36 months of bench probation, with conditions of probation including the program Bridges2Safety and no contact with the victim as well as the other standard conditions in a domestic violence sentencing," the statement says.

Bryan was charged in court in October after allegedly strangling a woman. He initially faced charges of strangulation, harassment, coercion and interfering with making a report. Online court records show that these other charges against Bryan were dismissed.

"While Mr. Bryan was charged with additional crimes, including two class C felonies, it is in the interest of closure for the victim and in recognition of the backlog of cases we have due to COVID restrictions that make me believe this resolution is in the interest of justice," the D.A. tells PEOPLE.

An attorney for Bryan did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

A Eugene Police Department spokesperson previously told PEOPLE that officers arrived on the scene at an Oregon home around 10:00 p.m. local time on Oct. 16 after receiving a call from neighbors.

Upon arriving, officers said they found Bryan sitting outside an apartment while the victim, identified by police as a 27-year-old woman who has been in a relationship with Bryan, was at a neighboring apartment.

"An investigation found that during the dispute Bryan is reported to have assaulted the victim, impeded her breathing, and taken the victim's phone from her when she tried to call 911," the spokesperson said in a statement.

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE's free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.

According to online jail records, Bryan was booked at Lane County Jail on Oct. 17 shortly after 1 a.m.

Two weeks before his arrest, Bryan announced on Instagram that he and wife Carly, with whom he shares four children, had split. His account has since been deactivated.

"Almost Fourteen years as best friends, soulmates, partners and then parents. It has been an incredible journey, but together, we've decided to turn the page and move on from our marriage," he wrote in the Oct. 1 post.

"As we enter into this next chapter, our children and relationship as co-parents and dear friends will remain our priority," he continued. "We understand this news lends itself to public dialogue, but in the interest of our children and our family, we're asking for privacy, compassion and love during this time. Thank you

07193FA6-939C-4554-9A29-B87067DDB51C.jpeg

Edited by Doc Reeves

the only other thing I remember him being in was the 2006 tokyo version of fast/furious... he was 25YO playing the local high school star at the beginning of the movie when the main character got in trouble for racing and got sent to japan.

just looked him up... hes done almost nothing since that movie, his last credit was from 2009

Two weeks before his arrest, Bryan announced on Instagram that he and wife Carly, with whom he shares four children, had split. His account has since been deactivated.

"As we enter into this next chapter, our children and relationship as co-parents and dear friends will remain our priority," he continued. "We understand this news lends itself to public dialogue, but in the interest of our children and our family, we're asking for privacy, compassion and love during this time. Thank you

I vividly remember when watercoolers around the country were abuzz with talk about Covid, the presidential debates, the World Series, and the pending divorce of the 2nd least popular Home Improvement kid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That’s just great. He’s the closest thing to a “celebrity” doppelgänger that I have. Do I have to start wearing a body cam at all times for potential alibi reasons?

My deepest sympathies on your unattractiveness. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Bryan was charged in court in October after allegedly strangling a woman. He initially faced charges of strangulation, harassment, coercion and interfering with making a report. Online court records show that these other charges against Bryan were dismissed.

Jury: "On the count of strangulation, we find the defendant guilty."
Defendant:  "Oh damn.  Well I can live with that."
Jury: "On the count of harassment, we find the defendant guilty."
Defendant:  "Shit.  Okay, whatever."
Jury: "On the count of coercion, we find the defendant guilty."
Defendant:  "Well that sucks."
Jury: "On the count of Interfering with making a report, we find the defendant guilty."
Defendant:  "OMG, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Judge:  "Take him out and execute him NOW!"  No one in MY court will EVER live another day if they interfere with making a report!"

30 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

the only other thing I remember him being in was the 2006 tokyo version of fast/furious... he was 25YO playing the local high school star at the beginning of the movie when the main character got in trouble for racing and got sent to japan.

just looked him up... hes done almost nothing since that movie, his last credit was from 2009

The last thing I remember seeing him in was The Game of Their Lives (2005). I don't recall him having any lines. Decent flick, though.