BYU @ Texas - Wed - Saturday Series Thread

zlavydra

The UH website developer also builds temporary bleachers as a side-hustle.  I can make a referral if you're interested in either (I get a commission)

Edited by Lobo

4 hours ago, WBT said:

I wasn't able to watch yesterday but scoring 12 with one extra base hit is kind of unusual.  Sure beats scoring none with 2 hits total though.

I only saw the first 5 innings, but the Mormons were serving up some meatballs. A little concerning that we didn't crush more of them, but progress is being made.

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Five Ks in each of the last two games.  That's progress.

Yep. Not to mention we hit a couple warning track shots and were actually squaring the ball up and taking good hacks. If we can get our bats going, we’re gonna have a hell of a year. Got a great pitching staff and we finally have a good defensive infield with some serious speed in the outfield 

6 hours ago, WBT said:

I wasn't able to watch yesterday but scoring 12 with one extra base hit is kind of unusual.  Sure beats scoring none with 2 hits total though.

True.

3 SF, 2 SH, and 5 errors by BYU helps the cause.

"It is not about hits,  it is about runs"....  Augie   🙂

Actually, most DH hit 4, 5, or 6---typically 5th (depending on if he's lefty or right obviously and who you're facing as a starter).  6th isn't ideal, but it's not terribly uncommon.  It's Longhorn teams of recent years where our DH is batting 2nd, 7th or 8th that's fucked up.  

Actually put the fucking DH wherever you want as long as he can hit his weight which has been an incredible fucking challenge at UT the last 10 years. 

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

^seriously. This about getting reps and hopefully some easy wins. Our lineup won’t be solidified till conference playoff. Christ is this some of yalls first year watching college baseball?

Dial it back there, fletch.