OK early parolee kills hot neighbor, serves her heart & potatoes to his family before killing his uncle, 4-y.o., and stabbing Aunt Pye in eyes

clapclapclap

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

But, as a general proposition, while NA and AA meetings are assuredly full of minor criminals of all stripes, they aren't generally dens of cannibalistic mass murderers.  That speaks of organic mental illness.

that’s true. What seems to relate to drug abuse is a combo of biological predisposition and behavioral loops where people feel they have no control over their mental state. 

We all deal with this from time to time and most people are able to find ways to cope, whether it’s meditation/prayer based, social based (softball, working with animals etc) physically based (running/swimming) or just hobbies (drone flying, fishing). For me, UT football is one of my outlets

This can be very effective if you have an outlet before you have an issue. It’s much harder to get into a new outlet once your brain has established that a certain drug is the most effective way to alter its state which is why rehab has such low effectiveness. 

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

This seems to be a trend, letting violent criminals out early. In Va. a convicted murderer killed a police officer execution (blatant cold blooded shot in the back of the head, murder) style in 72 or so, and was just given early release by the new parole board in Va.  No notification of the victims family (which is allegedly the law) no comment from the board about why he was released early.

Victims don’t pay attorney fees. Criminal advocacy pays way better. 

Holy shit.  Friend from back home just told me about this.  We know the family.  The lady who had her heart cut out was a childhood friend's ex wife.  Curtis Blankenship, they have a child together.  Sickening.  God damn I'm gonna need to drink after reading/seeing this shit.  JFC

Edited by ChiTownDoc

On 2/25/2021 at 7:10 AM, Armybrat said:

Who is to say the drug addiction didn’t make him crazy?

Two of my best friends were normal until they started the drug life, then changed completely for the worse. One died a nutcase, the other is not far behind.

color me very skeptical.

Yeah, no dude.  It may make you more crazy.  But this guy very very very likely had deep seated mental issues well before he did drugs.  Don't believe all the bullshit you were fed in the 80's (1980's) about drugs and mental illness.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

Yeah, no dude.  It may make you more crazy.  But this guy very very very likely had deep seated mental issues well before he did drugs.  Don't believe all the bullshit you were fed in the 80's (1980's) about drugs and mental illness.  

1880’s as well.