OK early parolee kills hot neighbor, serves her heart & potatoes to his family before killing his uncle, 4-y.o., and stabbing Aunt Pye in eyes

clapclapclap

Great job, parole board.   Served 3 years of a 20 year sentence, and the parole officer told them at the commutation hearing that he would be a threat to society, a high risk to reoffend.

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/he-cooked-the-heart-with-potatoes-man-accused-of-heinous-triple-murder-in-oklahoma/

Spoiler

spacer.png

A convicted felon in Oklahoma who had recently been paroled is now accused of murdering a neighbor, cooking the victim’s heart, and then murdering his uncle and a 4-year-old girl at a home where he had been staying on Feb. 9.

Lawrence Paul Anderson, 42, allegedly admitted that he murdered 41-year-old mother of two Andrea Lynn Blankenship in her home and cut out her heart to cook it and eat it. The Oklahoman, citing a quote from an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent’s search warrant application, described a heinous crime: “He took the heart back to 214 West Minnesota, Chickasha […] He cooked the heart with potatoes to feed to his family to release the demons.”

Anderson had been staying with his aunt Delsie Pye and uncle Leon Pye after he was released from prison on Jan. 18. Anderson is accused of killing his 67-year-old uncle and 4-year-old Kaeos Yates, described as the Pye’s granddaughter. Kaeos was reportedly visiting her grandparents. The suspect allegedly stabbed his aunt as well.

When authorities arrived at the scene, Leon Pye was already dead and Yates was gravely injured. She was pronounced dead soon afterwards in an ambulance. Delsie Pye reportedly suffered injuries to both of her eyes. She has since been released from a hospital. Anderson was allegedly observed “throwing up” into pillows at the scene. It’s unclear at this time if the suspect had been using drugs prior to the killings.

The Blankenship murder wasn’t discovered until two days later. The suspect, while in a hospital, allegedly admitted that he broke into the victim’s home and “cut her heart out.”

Grady County District Attorney Jason Hicks told The Oklahoman that he wants answers as to how convicted felon with a history of violence and drug use managed to be paroled several years early despite repeat offenses and objections from prosecutors. He said the state legislature needs to address this or more lives could be at risk.

Anderson’s repeat incarceration history began in 2006, when he sentenced for possession of crack cocaine and for threatening his girlfriend with a gun. He reportedly served less than two years of a four-year sentence. Six years after he was first sentenced, Anderson was sentenced to 15 years for selling crack near an elementary school. Five years into that sentence in 2017, Anderson was released from prison again, but his sentence also included two decades of probation. According to the report, Anderson quickly violated parole by possessing a gun and using PCP and cocaine; he was imprisoned the same year to serve 20 years.

Prosecutors said Anderson should serve the whole sentence, but Anderson requested a commutation and the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board recommended that the sentence be reduced to nine years.

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) commuted Anderson’s sentence in June 2020 under the belief, his office claimed, that Anderson would be moving out of the state. Per The Oklahoman:

The governor acted after being told Anderson was going to live in Texas with his daughter and work for his son-in-law in the oil field, the interim secretary, Jason Nelson, said. His plans for release were later changed to the home of his uncle and aunt in Chickasha.

In January 2021, Anderson was released after serving over three years in prison. Weeks later, he allegedly killed his uncle, stabbed his aunt, killed a little girl, and brutally murdered a neighbor. Andrea Blankenship’s family said they don’t have any knowledge that their loved one knew her killer.

A GoFundMe campaign for Blankenship’s memorial has raised more than $3,800 of a $4,500 goal at the time of this writing.

“My mom’s life was taken too early. She was murdered tuesday night alone with another family by a man who should never have been let out of prison early. This will provide relief towards her memorial,” a message from Haylee Blankenship says.

Charges have been delayed due to extreme weather. DA Hicks reportedly said that he expected charges would be filed on Tuesday and that the death penalty is “on the table” in this case.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Drug addiction is a voluntary disease. Fuck that nutcase and snuff his worthless ass..... along with the people who let him out.

No, it really isn't.

And this isn't the result of drug addiction.  That guy is clearly crazy as a shithouse rat.

I am for reducing sentences and avoiding incarceration whereever possible, but that doesn't include rampant recidivists like this guy and it doesn't mean the state should get to just ignore florid addiction and mental health issues.

Maybe if this guy had gotten some actual help on his first or second jolt, we might not be here today.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

No, it really isn't.
And this isn't the result of drug addiction.  That guy is clearly crazy as a shithouse rat.
I am for reducing sentences and avoiding incarceration whereever possible, but that doesn't include rampant recidivists like this guy and it doesn't mean the state should get to just ignore florid addiction and mental health issues.
Maybe if this guy had gotten some actual help on his first or second jolt, we might not be here today.
And I now know you don't work in the medical field. Plenty of absolutes in your statement in world where absolutes don't exist.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, MoJames said:
21 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:
No, it really isn't.

And I now know you don't work in the medical field. Plenty of absolutes in your statement in world where absolutes don't exist.

I do not work in the medical field.  There is one statement that could be considered absolute, and that is the first one.

On occasion, yes, psychosis is induced by drugs.  It is far more common for a person with organic mental illness to self-medicate, resulting in a very unhealthy combo.

And "working in the medical field" is, empirically and broadly speaking, a fucking lousy credential to talk about addiction issues.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Right, your first comment is poor one. This person is trash and counseling, CBT, Neurofeedback, prozac, zyprexa or whatever you think could've helped him are exceedingly unlikely to move the needle away from that. Stating his killing of a 4 year old is on the shoulders of the lack of treatment is laughable.

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Right, your first comment is poor one. This person is trash and counseling, CBT, Neurofeedback, prozac, zyprexa or whatever you think could've helped him are exceedingly unlikely to move the needle away from that. Stating his killing of a 4 year old is on the shoulders of the lack of treatment is laughable.

I didn't say the last part or imply anything like it.

I said "maybe."  And "help" might include "incarceration" in a mental facility if he refused to be compliant with his medication.

In the event, there must be a better solution than cutting the mentally ill loose on society after a non-life-imprisonment in an environment that is at best counterproductive to mental health.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I said "maybe."  And "help" might include "incarceration" in a mental facility if he refused to be compliant with his medication.

Come on man.  There's no amount of medication that should allow this psychopath to be out among the population.  Our society is so fucking worried about individual rights in cases like this that the rights of the many are ignored and people like this guy are just put out on the street to do their evil.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In the event, there must be a better solution than cutting the mentally ill loose on society after a non-life-imprisonment in an environment that is at best counterproductive to mental health.

My point exactly but it has nothing to do with being compliant with his medication.  This person is a violent lunatic with no regard for life and doesn't belong on the street in any way, shape or form.

• Hook 'Em 3

This seems to be a trend, letting violent criminals out early. In Va. a convicted murderer killed a police officer execution (blatant cold blooded shot in the back of the head, murder) style in 72 or so, and was just given early release by the new parole board in Va.  No notification of the victims family (which is allegedly the law) no comment from the board about why he was released early.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Come on man.  There's no amount of medication that should allow this psychopath to be out among the population.  Our society is so fucking worried about individual rights in cases like this that the rights of the many are ignored and people like this guy are just put out on the street to do their evil.

My point exactly but it has nothing to do with being compliant with his medication.  This person is a violent lunatic with no regard for life and doesn't belong on the street in any way, shape or form.

Note that I have not offered any opinion on what to do with the guy going forward.  I am speaking in terms of what could or should have happened with the guy in the past, with his relatively minor crimes.  This current spree reeks of schizophrenia, which might be chemically assisted or maybe just organic. 

I am simply bemoaning the fact that the system, due to a variety of failures, let a very sick motherfucker loose on society.  Most criminals aren't that sick, or not as malignantly sick.  At some point, it might have been a good idea for someone to figure out that this guy was schizophrenic and at risk to do something like this.

The guy's prior crimes didn't justify lifetime incarceration even in our system, so his release was an inevitability.  Yet the system did fuck all to help him and in turn society in preparation for his eventual return.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

And "working in the medical field" is, empirically and broadly speaking, a fucking lousy credential to talk about addiction issues.

Don't disagree on this. You must realize I wasn't suggesting only people in the medical field should speak on treatment for addiction and behavioral health concerns. I was simply suggesting you no longer use absolutes such as "No, it really isn't" and "And this isn't the result of drug addiction." It's lazy.

You're not just telling us what we want to hear?

No, sir, no way.

'Cause we just want to hear the truth, that you don't have plans on cutting out your neighbor's heart, eating it, and serving it with potatoes.

Well, then I guess I am telling you what you want to hear.

Boy, didn't we just tell you not to do that?

Yes, sir.

Okay, then.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Who is to say the drug addiction didn’t make him crazy?

Two of my best friends were normal until they started the drug life, then changed completely for the worse. One died a nutcase, the other is not far behind.

color me very skeptical.

Chances are very good your friends had psych issues you were not aware of. 

Untreated mental illness is almost a guarantee of drug addiction. 

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

This seems to be a trend, letting violent criminals out early. In Va. a convicted murderer killed a police officer execution (blatant cold blooded shot in the back of the head, murder) style in 72 or so, and was just given early release by the new parole board in Va.  No notification of the victims family (which is allegedly the law) no comment from the board about why he was released early.

I dunno man, 45+ years doesn't sound "early" to me. That's a long fucking stretch in the can. If he wasn't a total fuck-up during his near half-century in prison, I can see why they might let him out now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

So 95% of Surly has psych issues. Point taken.

27 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

I believe if surly follows the population, around 70%+ have at least some form of psych issues 

Where the fuck do y’all get these bullshit numbers from?

Every person here has issues. It’s 100% of the people here.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I dunno man, 45+ years doesn't sound "early" to me. That's a long fucking stretch in the can. If he wasn't a total fuck-up during his near half-century in prison, I can see why they might let him out now. 

I think murder, premeditated is a life sentence.  You take a life on purpose, you lose your life/freedom. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DaggerHorns said:

Where the fuck do y’all get these bullshit numbers from?

Every person here has issues. It’s 100% of the people here.

actual estimate would be 90%. The difference between people’s minds is just like the differences between their bodies. Some are overall stronger, some have stronger parts, some have backgrounds that help/hurt. There are social control facets and social stigma facets.

Im pretty familiar with mental disease issues because my mother was a director of multiple mental hospitals, psychological director 2 Federal Prisons, worked for the DOD and counseled officers with security clearance, worked on the team that studied the soldier suicide problem for the entire military specifically dealing with soldier drug abuse as well as a ton more in her over 40 year career. My uncle worked on ground breaking criminal psychology research in the 60s and had a prestigious career working with the criminally insane. He ended his career working in milledgeville, GA at one of the worst prisons for the criminally insane. If Hannibal Lector was a real person, my uncle would have been his psychologist. 

9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

i'd like to see a study on the % of ex-cons who were reformed in prison vs just learning to better hone their menace to society craft in prison?

this definitely seem like the latter. this dude's menace to society line that he crossed is already a mile behind him. 

I'm with you... given "law and order" emphasis, it seems like educational or rehabilitative program budgets continue to get cut at the same time that prison populations increase. It seems like we'd rather deal with recidivism with more cell space as opposed to rehabilitation and restoring people to their communities

Your example is so far away from the actual scenario in this tragedy. Letting a cop killer out early /= releasing a person without a violent criminal history.

*. I’m not saying that this case is. It some inexcusable horrific bullshit, but it’s not as simple as how you and other make it.

Articles I have read talk about this guy being a high risk to re-offend, which, I believe figure differently for a parole board when the previous relevant history is drug and property crimes.

To me, the failure is that the parole system everywhere is grossly understaffed and underfunded. It’s not a sexy political cause for budget allocation.

Like this guy...should have been plugged into their MHMR system at minimum, with monitoring of his med compliance, etc. I mean...DUDE GAVE A FAKE RESIDENCE ADDRESS ABOUT A YEAR AGO, and was never found out.

35 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

actual estimate would be 90%. The difference between people’s minds is just like the differences between their bodies. Some are overall stronger, some have stronger parts, some have backgrounds that help/hurt. There are social control facets and social stigma facets.

Im pretty familiar with mental disease issues because my mother was a director of multiple mental hospitals, psychological director 2 Federal Prisons, worked for the DOD and counseled officers with security clearance, worked on the team that studied the soldier suicide problem for the entire military specifically dealing with soldier drug abuse as well as a ton more in her over 40 year career. My uncle worked on ground breaking criminal psychology research in the 60s and had a prestigious career working with the criminally insane. He ended his career working in milledgeville, GA at one of the worst prisons for the criminally insane. If Hannibal Lector was a real person, my uncle would have been his psychologist. 

Thanks for sharing, except you know the most meaningful thing I got out of that?  Marjorie Taylor-Greene is from Milledgeville, GA.  Sad.

15 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Some will never be reformed and should NEVER be allowed out of prison.

no argument there but hindsight is 20/20. how many dudes have they let out early who didn't end up eating their neighbors heart? and how many have they let out early who ended up committing more heinous crimes?

system is broke. but if people weren't assholes, maybe there wouldn't be a need for prisons.

21 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Thanks for sharing, except you know the most meaningful thing I got out of that?  Marjorie Taylor-Greene is from Milledgeville, GA.  Sad.

It’s a pretty area. They used to have 7 different facilities for insane/criminally insane people there. The people they housed were “crazy smart”. They had escapes every week. Seems one was able to escape all the way to D.C.

Doesn’t belong on the Earth. They should do the right thing and put a bullet in him post haste.

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Chances are very good your friends had psych issues you were not aware of. 

Untreated mental illness is almost a guarantee of drug addiction. 

Pretty serious mental illness, such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia, does make substance abuse a much higher likelihood.

And substance abuse accounts for a lot of lower-grade (and some high grade) criminal behavior, whether assisted by organic mental illness or just as a result of the substance abuse.

But, as a general proposition, while NA and AA meetings are assuredly full of minor criminals of all stripes, they aren't generally dens of cannibalistic mass murderers.  That speaks of organic mental illness.  Or maybe it's a PCP/LSD hardcore hallucinogenic thing, but those typically aren't drugs of addiction.

Edited by TwiceHorn