2023 RB Rueben Owens

Machinator

9 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

For fuck's sake let's just be ecstatic that Owens is really fucking athletic. 

Unless a recruit is literally, LITERALLY, a junior track world championship medalist, stop bringing up Jamaal Charles. 

This dude looks like a combination of Ricky, LaDainian Tomlinson, Larry Allen and Usain Bolt imo

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Ok I'm gonna say it.

The way he separates himself from everyone once he hits open field reminds me of AD when AD was in high school.

And by AD I mean Adrian Peterson.

Maybe not quite as explosive but if all goes well for him he'll only get better all around.

These are sophomore highlights, correct?

He'll be on campus just in time to replace Bijan when Bijan moves on.

Amiright?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Davis Lane said:

Ok I'm gonna say it.

The way he separates himself from everyone once he hits open field reminds me of AD when AD was in high school.

And by AD I mean Adrian Peterson.

Maybe not quite as explosive but if all goes well for him he'll only get better all around.

These are sophomore highlights, correct?

He'll be on campus just in time to replace Bijan when Bijan moves on.

Amiright?

Thank you for clarifying. I thought you meant Anthony Davis when you typed AD. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Lots of rice fields in the area.  With birds in them.  I'm not from there but I did play against them.  I don't think there's more to it than that.

I'm from right down the road from there, and yeah... its pretty much just a bunch of rice fields. Although not as many as there used to be. Mostly corn, maize and beans now. 

27 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Man that kid is gonna be special. With he and Blue in the backfield, we should actually win the conference for a fucking change. Same with our elite WR's we're getting. No more excuses about winning is hard. Fuck that noise. 

We should expect to win the conference every fucking year. We had the personnel to win it last year. The discussion around adding players like Rueben should be about elevating our team from just competing for championships, to achieving 2005 level excellence while curbstomping the Big XII and then rolling over teams in the CFP. 

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

We should expect to win the conference every fucking year. We had the personnel to win it last year. The discussion around adding players like Rueben should be about elevating our team from just competing for championships, to achieving 2005 level excellence while curbstomping the Big XII and then rolling over teams in the CFP. 

I listened to Darius Terrell on one of the podcasts and he implied that this recruitment isn’t over.  He spoke to Rueben’s dad who said they will still be taking all of their official visits and that it’s early.  

I’m not sure if it was CTJ or someone else that said Rueben’s dad was running his recruitment that Rueben was getting sick of it and shut it down.  Looks like dad doesn’t want it to be over just yet and is leaving to door pretty open to other school.  Just my interpretation after listening to his podcast.  As long as we win, he’ll stick it seems... if we don’t win, it’s going to be hard to hold on to him. 

Edited by victory88
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Exactly. Except I'd say we should expect to win the conference every other year at the very least. Jesus, we have fucking Oklahoma on our schedule., and a merry band of average teams that fill our the rest of the conference. 

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

I listened to Darius Terrell on one of the podcasts and he implied that this recruitment isn’t over.  He spoke to Rueben’s dad who said they will still be taking all of their official visits and that it’s early.  

I’m not sure if it was CTJ or someone else that said Rueben’s dad was running his recruitment that Rueben was getting sick of it and shut it down.  Looks like dad doesn’t want it to be over just yet and is leaving to door pretty open to other school.  Just my interpretation after listening to his podcast.  As long as we win, he’ll stick it seems... if we don’t win, it’s going to be hard to hold on to him. 

At least we know who it is.  Just waiting to read about dad's newest SEC university job offers.