2023 RB Rueben Owens

Machinator

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, HeyMcFly said:

He was at Clemson this weekend :/

Not worried. Sark uses his RB's well and he'll get a front and center look at Bijan, Rojo, and now Keilan. By the time he makes it to campus it should be and he Blue as the top dogs. Plus he's still recruiting Arch Manning to Texas. I'd say that sounds like he's pretty locked in as of now. Of course things change, but I wouldn't worry right now. Kids haven't been able to visit places in a year, so they're eager to check places out. That's gonna happen with most all recruits whether they're committed to Texas, Bama, Clemson, and so on. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 1:53 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Not worried. Sark uses his RB's well and he'll get a front and center look at Bijan, Rojo, and now Keilan. By the time he makes it to campus it should be and he Blue as the top dogs. Plus he's still recruiting Arch Manning to Texas. I'd say that sounds like he's pretty locked in as of now. Of course things change, but I wouldn't worry right now. Kids haven't been able to visit places in a year, so they're eager to check places out. That's gonna happen with most all recruits whether they're committed to Texas, Bama, Clemson, and so on. 

This aged like fine toilet wine

• Haha 2

Man, had him on campus twice last week and then he decommits right after? Not a good sign.

Also this is why we should ignore everything recruits say. He just spent the last week telling all the 9.95ers how solid he is, retweeting/liking stuff about Texas, etc. Classic.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Now that official visits are allowed kids want to take those free trips to campuses they’ve never been to. It’s a free vacation

At a lot of schools, it's more than free. You actually leave richer just for visiting

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Now that official visits are allowed kids want to take those free trips to campuses they’ve never been to. It’s a free vacation

He can’t OV anywhere yet. And when he can OV he can just as easily do so as a verbally committed player.  I’m glad he decommitted so early but he never should have made the decision to commit in the first place. 

I guess one could get conspiratorial and wonder if he was paid or otherwise cajoled into a phony early commitment by another school to decommit a whip later to make us look bad. 

39 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Lmfao.  This fucking tool bag telling everyone how solid he was to Texas.  When the fuck are we gonna stop accepting commitments from kids 700 days a way 

37 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah that's a great fucking plan, bud.

Allaying message board angst is Priority One!

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Yeah that's a great fucking plan, bud.

I get that what he said is dumb, but it definitely feels worse to have gotten the commitment in the 1st place and lose it reputationally than to have not had the commitment at all. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teryor said:

I get that what he said is dumb, but it definitely feels worse to have gotten the commitment in the 1st place and lose it reputationally than to have not had the commitment at all. 

Just like the old saying goes, it’s better to have not loved and not lost than to ever have loved at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Without even looking I am going to guess the mods on various 9.95 sites are all pretending like they saw this coming despite making no mention of the possibility before this happened? 

I don’t think anyone said a decommitment was imminent, but pretty much everyone acknowledged when he committed that he was a real decommitment risk and his recruitment would have a lot of twists and turns. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I think the thing that sucks about this the most, is that a lot of us who had doubts that this commitment would last up to signing day were getting pulled in by how actively he's been pushing for UT/the multiple visits etc... I think we might end up with him signing on anyway, but it'd be cool to have that class builder for the whole ride. 

• Hook 'Em 1