Most Meals With

RPM

I was watching Seth Meyers and he was interviewing Jason Matzoukas and they were joking about a trophy Jason found in a pawn shop for "Most Meals With Dad". That made me think, who have I eaten the most meals in my life with? I didn't grow up in a traditional nuclear family, but Dad or Mom would be close front runners. The ex-wives would be in a heat for runner up. Damned if I can nail down who is the leader. Interesting question though.

Sitting down to lunch, and supper was a big part of my childhood with my cousins.  It was nothing fancy at all, lots of Cambells soup with crushed ritz crackers, and a coke for lunch, frozen dinners or meatloaf, fried chicken,  potatoes, canned vegetable for dinner. 

It's among my favorite memories growing up. Sitting with the family telling stories, picking on each other, laughing, sharing time together. I think I had more of those meals with them than I did with my mom, and dad (divorced parents).

Having daily meals with a multi generational family is something that just isn't happening as much as it did I think. And we're the worse for it I believe.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

My wife, and it's not even close.  I ate by myself at home as a kid from about 8-18.  

God willing, in a few years my daughters will overtake my wife's spot, and one day they'll answer a question like this with "Dad, and it's not even close."  

Grew up farming and ranching, and as a kid if I wasn't in school I was riding shotgun with Dad, feeding cows, running errands, and if we could we would eat lunch in town at the drug store and catch up on gossip and lies or whatever with all the other assholes. Good times. 

I know I'm very fortunate to have had that upbringing and all that quality time with my pops. I miss that asshole.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

My wife, and it's not even close.  I ate by myself at home as a kid from about 8-18.  

God willing, in a few years my daughters will overtake my wife's spot, and one day they'll answer a question like this with "Dad, and it's not even close."  

This sounds like you are planning on killing your wife.  Better not get caught or else instead of daughters it will be Bubba in Cell Block C.

Way tO make it weird dude.  I guess I didn’t type that out right.  Wife will likely garner the title for the rest of our lives.  But I want my girls to look back in 20 years and say it was me.  Also,less murder.  

My parents and sister. Dad had a 9-5 government job, mom was a stay at home wife. My dad occasionally had work dinners, but those were rare. My mom always made great dinners, her standards, but also learning local cuisines (dad was a diplomat so we moved every 3-4 years). After dinner, we'd clean up, then sit at the dining table and all do our own thing - sister and I do homework, dad read his paper, mom do her crafts. 

I'm trying to do the same with my current family. A lot more take-out since my wife also works, but I want the kids to grow up remembering us having dinner together talking, joking, arguing about what song we would listen on Alexa. 

Been married for 25 years and dated 7 years before getting married, so I've had most meals with my wife.  My daughter, 16 and 18, have had most meals with me.  I'm the cook in the family and, even with crazy youth sports schedules, I've tried to have family meals as many times a week as possible.  Wife works farther from the house and works a little later, so she misses more of the meals.  (no pics of any of the above-referenced family members)

Edited by Jerry Callo

It’s my wife of 18 years. Except for this year and 6 work travel years, a normal schedule would be dinner only during the week and all 3 meals on the weekend. The nearest contender would be a chick from Accenture who I worked with on that travel project. I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner with her 4 days a week for 6 years. My kids are probably trailing her a bit.

51 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

It’s my wife of 18 years. Except for this year and 6 work travel years, a normal schedule would be dinner only during the week and all 3 meals on the weekend. The nearest contender would be a chick from Accenture who I worked with on that travel project. I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner with her 4 days a week for 6 years. My kids are probably trailing her a bit.

I have traveled extensively for work and I would not eat 3 meals a day with someone for a week let alone 6 years. That Accenture lady must have been one real piece of ass.

As far as meals probably mom or dad but have been with my wife 15 years now so she might have passed them, actually she probably has with COVID and us eating every fucking meal together