Cool Photos

Steamboat1874

9 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Oh yeah, totally! Like when it only went up to 5A….

image.gif.dacbabb29698e6f85afa836a16b5ebe0.gif

Lol

I tackled Fozzy quite a few times playing against Pearland one year. They only beat us by 35 or so... He was basically unstoppable in HS. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Freshman Ricky Williams, Dec 2, 1995 ...last SWC title and first time since 1983 to beat Aggy at Aggy...man that was a rough stretch against gomer from 83-94 and this game felt like we finally flipped it, and we did.

image.png.19e258a60012762e398a3c49dc727362.png

• Hook 'Em 5

Great job everyone.

Keep them coming and remember these do not just have to be about Texas. Any cool old photos about football will do, not that I am in charge or anything.... Ha !

This is still my favorite Texas Football photo of all time.

Look at the faces of the Texas fans compared to those of the UCLA players.

I was sitting in the old green wooden bleachers from Gregory Gym in the south endzone for this game.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 6

6 hours ago, t_eight said:

Freshman Ricky Williams, Dec 2, 1995 ...last SWC title and first time since 1983 to beat Aggy at Aggy...man that was a rough stretch against gomer from 83 84-94 and this game felt like we finally flipped it, and we did.

FIFY:  83 was an aggy ass whipping.  Rick McIvor holla.

Edited by CycleTex87
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, t_eight said:

Freshman Ricky Williams, Dec 2, 1995 ...last SWC title and first time since 1983 to beat Aggy at Aggy...man that was a rough stretch against gomer from 83-94 and this game felt like we finally flipped it, and we did.

image.png.19e258a60012762e398a3c49dc727362.png

Yeah 1983 was my first of 6 undergrad years at UT (lol I was stoopid). That was indeed a brutal stretch.

1 hour ago, CycleTex87 said:

FIFY:  83 was an aggy ass whipping.  Rick McIvor holla.

I's at that game. Only time I ever went to road game against those fucks. Undefeated. McIvor looked like an NFL all-pro that night.

• Hook 'Em 1

Caption: TCU back Kyle Gillespie is wrestled down by two Longhorns defenders during a 1940 home game. The Frogs would suffer a 14-21 defeat.

kSAdziZ.png

Caption: Texas end Wally Scott blocks the punt of A&M's Derace Moser during third-quarter action at Kyle Field. The Longhorns would go on to upset the second-ranked Aggies, 23-0.

csd7pgQ.jpg

Caption: Texas head coach Dana X. Bible squats on the sidelines as the Longhorns roll to a 24-7 victory over Texas A&M on Thanksgiving Day, 1946. It would be the final game of Bible's coaching career.

wLtk7pa.png

Caption: Texas' Bobby Layne (22) shakes hands with Alabama's Harry Gilmer (52) before the 1948 Sugar Bowl in Tulane Stadium. Layne would receive the Sugar Bowl's very first MVP award after the Longhorns' 27-7 victory, and was reportedly seen drinking hurricanes out of the trophy in the French Quarter that night.

T0Qkgof.jpg

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

2014 Season Preview? I’m calling fake on this one. 

You’re right. The magazine folded that summer when the donation money went missing. I saved one of the two magazines that were test printed. I figure it’s probably worth around $600. 

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

You’re right. The magazine folded that summer when the donation money went missing. I saved one of the two magazines that were test printed. I figure it’s probably worth around $600. 

I was thinkin' tree fiddy.  🤷‍♂️

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/18/2024 at 8:40 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

Great job everyone.

Keep them coming and remember these do not just have to be about Texas. Any cool old photos about football will do, not that I am in charge or anything.... Ha !

I was sitting in the old green wooden bleachers from Gregory Gym in the south endzone for this game.

spacer.png

/csb

My brother was standing in the 50 yard line exit portal on the west side during that play.

He got so excited that he started cheering & slapping the back of a large man in a suit in front of him. Immediately, brother was wrapped up from behind and wrestled away by a beefy guy in a suit plus another. 
The man he had slapped on the back turned around very irritated and said something unprintable. 
It was former President LBJ, and the guys who strong armed brother were of course Secret Service. 
Brother didn’t care, and shouted back at him “We won Mr. President, we won!”. 

The following week at my nephew’s elementary school class it was show & tell time, so he was lined up and ready to tell the class about his dad slapping LBJ on the back. 
However, the kid in front of him addressed the class how his dad had dragged a crazy man off LBJ at the football game. 
Nephew reconsidered his story and quietly went back to his desk.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/2/2024 at 1:08 PM, wood said:

Here's a photo I've always loved for some reason. Couldn't find it before and just saw it in my desktop background file. An all-time favorite ...

1240.jpg

In my mind VY was pointing to the db that was not to be blocked, so he could juke the fuck out of him on one of his patented runs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/18/2024 at 8:40 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

Great job everyone.

spacer.png

1970 - Cotton Speyrer

We were playing football in the front yard that day. After this play, my friends older brother ran out of the house, blowing the screen door off the hinges, jumping up and down and hollering, "We won ! We won!" 

Seems like yesterday.

• Hook 'Em 1