ESPN names top CFB QBs of the 2000's: VY #3, Baker Mayfield #1

shadow_operative

55 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Leinart, Burrow, Vince, Cam, and Deshaun are arguably the top 5 best QBs since 2000

Ok yeah sure but that dancing walk-on that put up big numbers in systems that always put up big numbers but never won shit then just barely hung onto his NFL job this season, only because he realized he's average, is clearly the best NCAA QB of the last quarter century. 

Click bait.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Huh? Baker isn't the best college QB since 2000, but he's clearly an NFL starter. I don't think he was ever in danger of losing his starting job this season. 

Maybe you're right. But he struggled the 1st half of the season despite an easy schedule. When he got OBJ hurt, Twitter wanted keenums to starts. The talking heads were saying he plays well against bad teams and sucks against good teams and never should've gone #1. 

1 hour ago, B00M said:

Maybe you're right. But he struggled the 1st half of the season despite an easy schedule. When he got OBJ hurt, Twitter wanted keenums to starts. The talking heads were saying he plays well against bad teams and sucks against good teams and never should've gone #1. 

Especially over Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson. 

Lulz.  everyone from Cam Newton at 2 to Johnny Manziel at 13 I remember watching a game and thinking Holy Shit about their individual performance.  I honestly cannot say I ever thought anything other than Mayfield was good -- another Sam Bradford or Jason White they've figured out how to build success around.

Like others have posted, if it is not an actual event I want to see, I don't turn on their station and I don't click on their site.  Haven't done so for a while now.  Removed their website from my favorites about a year ago.  Just got fed up with their non-sport bullshit every fucking day.

Agree with the posit up thread that they are the MTV of sports.  They fell in love with not showing sports.   Fuck em.

Edited by slorch

9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Cam

Tebow

Vince

Watson

Leinart

Burrow

That's the top 6. However you want to order it can be up for debate but that's the top 6. 

I think that Winston belongs up there, even with only two years.  If not in that list, then just outside of it. The 2013 season is not far behind what Cam did in a single season.  The dude won an NC, a Heisman, and 27 straight games.  He's the youngest Heisman winner of all time. Putting him behind Sam Bradford and Kellen Moore is just absurd. 

No issue with stacking those six you have up there as contenders for 1.