Celtics vs 76ers

Machinator

4 hours ago, HookEm said:

Should be a great series.  If Brown gets healthy I think the Celtics win in 7 games.  They are just too hard nosed for the young sixers. 

The Sixers are 100 times more talented than Milwaukee and a billion times better coached. I just have no idea how Boston scores enough points on them, even if they play amazing defense (which they will) themselves.

3 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I think the 76ers are a far better team than Milwaukee, so I will go with 76ers in 5. I'm rooting for them to pull it out of the East, but I don't think they last more than 5 games against Houston or GS. 

Embiid in the finals would be some world class entertainment, although part of me thinks he'd focus, which is boring

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I know what you mean, but neither of these franchises would be considered "new blood" as far as NBA history goes.

Sixers defintely would be for modern history. How many Finals have they been to in the last 3 decades? 2001. I think they won one in the early 80s?. It would be new blood relative to what we have been used to i.e. Lebron in the Finals from the East.

Boston's 55 wins is so damn impressive, without Hayward, KI only played 60 games, and other injuries. Even more impressive is their East best road record of 28-13 , the most important team stat IMO. Road wins means mental toughness, maturity and depth. KI has only play 70+ games 3 times in his career but presuming he's healthy, Boston will win 65 next year. East is rising so fast wow.

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

OK, this is impressive stuff for Boston, and Stevens is a great coach, but this shooting can't keep going the whole series. They're making everything.

Sure, but a lot of these looks are simply because Philly has been lazy defensively.

On 4/30/2018 at 2:00 PM, aggie08 said:

The Sixers are 100 times more talented than Milwaukee and a billion times better coached. I just have no idea how Boston scores enough points on them, even if they play amazing defense (which they will) themselves.

Fucking dumbass.

Seriously, if Boston wins this series, just put Stevens in the Hall now.

Interesting series though. Celtics walled Simmons off from the basket, switched on Reddick, and just said Joel go beat us. The other guys can't get their own shots, though they did miss a lot of threes. On paper this looks to be a bad series for the 6ers if Brown comes back at full strength. 

Aside from shooting, which I assume Philly will work out...is what changes are they going to do defensively.

Reddick on Tatum is a mismatch in the Celtics favor, and whenever Belinelli was in the game, Boston was hunting him immediately. 

Edited by Francisco 2.0

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Naw they should've done it before it started, like that post

It's always smart to call it a series after game 1, especially when the away team hasn't played in 6 days.

But enlighten us, who do you think is going to win this series and why?

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

a dollar. Whos going to win and why

Either the Celtics or the sixers, because they'll have scored more points than the other team.

(....you get what you pay for)