Superman Reboot : Ta-Nehisi Coates

Michael Knight

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Hopefully, in this version, Superman's earth dad beats his teenage ass for going driving while black after dark in Kansas.

If it's Earth 23, Grant Morrison is involved (he co-created Earth 23 Superman), so it'll be interesting to see what they take from his background.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kalel_(Earth_23)

Joker wasn't a part of the DCEU,Ā Robert Pattinson's Batman is not a part of the DCEU, and this probably won't be either.

DC is a hot mess, but they realize that it maybe cheaper/better for them to just crank out movies about Batman and Superman with slightly different takes, but just recast them/use multiverse versions. Ā Both have plenty of enemies to last DC for a long time.

I've seen a leaked script. It's the same as the Christopher ReevesĀ Superman, except Superman's weakness is systemic inequity, and not kryptonite. So he cannot fight near the suburbs and is very weak when shown episodes of Friends. Lex Luthor is played by the Jewish monster heads from Borat.

Edited by BHMCruiser

4 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

I've seen a leaked script. It's the same as the Christopher ReevesĀ Superman, except Superman's weakness is systemic inequity, and not kryptonite. So he cannot fight near the suburbs and is very weak when shown episodes of Friends. Lex Luthor is played by the Jewish monster heads from Borat.

I would pay to watch this movie.

Well, I would pay to watch any movie where characters are running around dressed in the BoratĀ monster heads.

I get pretty weak when shown episodes of Friends, so yeah, don't want to see those parts.

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 3/7/2021 at 3:00 AM, aggie08 said:

Someone write me a Superman movie 3rd act where he's fighting the antagonist in a compelling battle, but without massive property damage or kryptonite.

I don't think it's possible.

I think they did it well in the original Superman movies when he battled Zod. Unlike the current one, Superman is "weaker" than Zod because he is trying to save the humans who would be collatoral damage from their fight. It did set up a tension that had real consequences.

• 1 year later...