Texas @ Texas Tech 11am on CBS

SDG

Greg Brown is sooooo close to being a great college player. Still a little too hype out there at times. Trying to do too much and ends up with bad shots, turnovers and goal tends. But all of that will be corrected in the next year or two. Wish it was in burnt orange.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

His first 2 were open 3s that you want him to shoot every time. Then he got to chucking. 

Our first possession of the game, he was "open" because he was about four feet behind the three-point line, and he launched it with 20 seconds on the shot clock.  No big man touched the ball, the ball never went inside the 3-point line.  

7 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Our first possession of the game, he was "open" because he was about four feet behind the three-point line, and he launched it with 20 seconds on the shot clock.  No big man touched the ball, the ball never went inside the 3-point line.  

That wasn't even close to our worst possession of the first half. And you're only bringing it up because he missed the shot. I have no problem with our best 3 point shooter taking an open 3 pointer from reasonable range regardless of how much time is on the shot clock. I get he's this board's whipping boy but beleive it or not Texas' success hinges on much more than Ramey's shot selection.

Oh look - AJ just missed a wide open 3 pointer! What an awful shot. There was still 17 seconds on the shot clock!

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

That wasn't even close to our worst possession of the first half. And you're only bringing it up because he missed the shot. I have no problem with our best 3 point shooter taking an open 3 pointer from reasonable range regardless of how much time is on the shot clock. I get he's this board's whipping boy but beleive it or not Texas' success hinges on much more than Ramey's shot selection.

Oh look - AJ just missed a wide open 3 pointer! What an awful shot. There was still 17 seconds on the shot clock!

Relax, man. 

I didn't say it was our worst possession of the first half.   I didn't say anything remotely like that (why argue with something I didn't even say?).

I was "only bringing it up" because you replied to my post to say that Ramey's first two shots were good shots.  Ramey launched a 26-footer a few seconds into the game.  No penetration, no ball movement, no motion, no screen, no chance to draw contact, no getting teammates involved in game.  No chance for a lob to Sims, no kickout to an open teammate...  Just get the pass from Coleman (well behind the arc), launch.

We can just disagree on whether that's a good shot.

Just now, BurdineBandit said:

Jones losing McClung on that 3 is boneheaded. McClung pushed and we had 2 on 2, Jones guarded nobody in the corner and gave up the open 3.

Jones is becoming a defensive liability and deserved getting called out by Ramey because he keeps doing the same thing 

anyone who isn't completely done with Shaka isn't watching. how many terrible long range shots are we going to take? it's beyond obvious that attacking the rim is what's working, and instead we've got Brock Cunningham firing at will. fucking christ this is so frustrating to watch. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

well yeah, been that way for 6 years.  we are watching hoping our players can overcome it, which is difficult because while they are good players they aren't THAT good.

Yeah but I've been in denial until last week.  This is my coming to grips.  

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

a joke who isn't completely done with Shaka isn't watching. how many terrible long range shots are we going to take? it's beyond obvious that attacking the rim is what's working, and instead we've got Brock Cunningham firing at will. fucking christ this is so frustrating to watch. 

There’s actually been some great sets from us this half, we are getting nothing out of it