2021 ACL Fest - it’s back baby!

MidTexHorn

• 2 months later...
Guest Lobo

My god, if it's as bad as the Lollapalooza lineup.  Seriously, I know we old guard say this every year.  But guys..be honest.  I knew half the bands, I just didn't like 'em.  

I just don't know who 80% of these bands are and frankly...most of them sound fake:

https://www.lollapalooza.com/

But yeah, it's ACL down the street from our humble South Austin abode.  So I'll go.  But honestly, road trips to TCU and OU sound a helluva lot more fun if the lineup looks even remotely close to to this Lolla shitshow.

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

My god, if it's as bad as the Lollapalooza lineup.  Seriously, I know we old guard say this every year.  But guys..be honest.  I knew half the bands, I just didn't like 'em.  

I just don't know who 80% of these bands are and frankly...most of them sound fake:

But yeah, it's ACL down the street from our humble South Austin abode.  So I'll go.  But honestly, road trips to TCU and OU sound a helluva lot more fun if the lineup looks even remotely close to to this Lolla shitshow.

maybe that fucking terrible lollapalooza line up is good news for acl

Guest Lobo

Uh, okay...I'm listening.  Usually they overlap by about 50%.  Again, it's always us getting old, curmudgeons that complain.  But c'mon look at that thing...that ain't "I don't like that band, I don't like her, I don't like him, those guys are weird, that band sucks, et. al."  That thing is a flat-out, "Who the fuck?"  for 75% of it.  It's just a bad omen for ACL is all.  No matter, we always complain and we always go and we always have a great time.  This one is just really way out there is all.  

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'll take Foo, Band of Horses and Alison Wonderland

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

That Lollapalooza line up tells me the organizers have virtually zero budget to work with this year.

The only bands on that list I would bother seeing if the weather was good and it wasn't crowded are Modest Mouse and Black Pistol Fire.  I'd add Band of Horses to the list if they only played their first two albums in their entirety.

Edited by CooterBrown

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

People will be like I waited two years for this fucking shit?

Don't you think the demand will be high enough that they'll bank on enough revenue to book some decent bands, bands that have to be thirsting to get back on the road? 

I mean, if its me, Asleep at the Wheel, and 25 others at the whole park all weekend, then shit, I'm still in.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

I’ve only missed twice since ‘05...2013 when we were in the hospital with our newborn first kiddo and last year due to covid.  I’ll go regardless.  

If you bought early birds back in 2019, they’re good for 2021 right?

When 2020 was cancelled, they gave the option of getting a refund or rolling forward for 2021 at 2020 pricing.

Personally, they could have a pack of wild dogs howling on stage and I'd have zero fucks to give.  Put a beer in my hand, throw me in Zilker, and alright, alright, alright.

See y'all for the TX/OU game in the beer tent.  I just got my tix. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

Personally, they could have a pack of wild dogs howling on stage and I'd have zero fucks to give.  Put a beer in my hand, throw me in Zilker, and alright, alright, alright.

See y'all for the TX/OU game in the beer tent.  I just got my tix. 

I’ll be doing the same. First time in a while that I’m not going to the OU game in person so I’ll be in the beer tent too. 

27 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

I’ll be doing the same. First time in a while that I’m not going to the OU game in person so I’ll be in the beer tent too. 

I'll be the drunk guy yelling, "Texas FIGHT!"  See you there!

Edited by Chad Fuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

Alright Surly bros (and sisses) help me out. I have an important customer who never misses an ACL. She’s a middle aged lady who goes with her girlfriends and won’t miss this one regardless of lineup (yeah Lolla sux but I have VIP to Rockville so woot). If I wanted to take a couple coworkers and set up a fun customer thing to do around ACL what would you recommend?

(Yes this is a shameless attempt to get my company to send me to ACL because I love Austin and I’ve never been.)

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Alright Surly bros (and sisses) help me out. I have an important customer who never misses an ACL. She’s a middle aged lady who goes with her girlfriends and won’t miss this one regardless of lineup (yeah Lolla sux but I have VIP to Rockville so woot). If I wanted to take a couple coworkers and set up a fun customer thing to do around ACL what would you recommend?

(Yes this is a shameless attempt to get my company to send me to ACL because I love Austin and I’ve never been.)

Book a badass Airbnb in the SoCo area or overlooking Lake Austin for everyone, preferably with a pool since you’ll be hot and sweaty at the end of each day. Fest all day into the night. Sex them ladies up. Profit?

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Deej said:

Trent Reznor is 12 years older than Keith Richards was on the Steel Wheels tour. Let that sink in. 

I've seen NIN about 20 times including every Austin show (except for their ACL taping) since '90.

Every show I expect Trent to change the lyrics in Wish from "twenty six years on my way to hell..." to his current age but he never does.

Edited by CooterBrown

Guest Lobo

Best you can hope for is Trent/NIN to cover "When I'm Sixty-Four" at ACL 2029.  

I just hope this year's has Bob Schneider, Spoon, and Asleep at the Wheel.  It's so hard to see those guys around Austin.  

The lineup is meh, but unlike Lolla, at least I've heard of most of the bands/artists.  Baby steps back to normalcy I suppose.  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

Yeah, about what I expected.  My friends 13 year old is stoked...should tell you something.  

Any electronica/pop on there for someone who loves bands like ODESZA, Deadmau5, Glass Animals, etc?  

RÜFUS and Lane 8 are very good.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

Yeah, about what I expected.  My friends 13 year old is stoked...should tell you something.  

Any electronica/pop on there for someone who loves bands like ODESZA, Deadmau5, Glass Animals, etc?  

Rufus Du Sol is really good and I guess this is the format to see them in.  MISSIO is a local band that's good as long as your kid likes songs about drugs with plenty of profanity.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Alison Wonderland