Cuomo

Incredulity

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Christ, I didn’t call for his resignation or post any other inflammatory shit about him.  

I am more interested in how now becomes the time for the reckoning of issues that seem to have been pretty common knowledge for quite some time.  

I think for the most part it’s better to hold elected officials accountable through elections.  

While that is true, I think the inference being made here is you never made a post about our former president either in regards to things he had done. I do not follow your thoughts or posts about Trump close enough to know, but many do here judging by the responses.

I do not want an election to hold Cuomo or any other elected official responsible for something like this. You give them the boot as fast as possible and get a replacement in there that cares about their constituents. That should be our standard response here.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

While that is true, I think the inference being made here is you never made a post about our former president either in regards to things he had done. I do not follow your thoughts or posts about Trump close enough to know, but many do here judging by the responses.

I do not want an election to hold Cuomo or any other elected official responsible for something like this. You give them the boot as fast as possible and get a replacement in there that cares about their constituents. That should be our standard response here.

I have said repeatedly that Trump is a moron.  

Which issue in regards to Cuomo is the most damning in your eyes?  Or is it the accumulation of issues?

The Nursing Homes thing has been on the table for months.  

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

I have said repeatedly that Trump is a moron.  

Which issue in regards to Cuomo is the most damning in your eyes?  Or is it the accumulation of issues?

The Nursing Homes thing has been on the table for months.  

To me it is having specific details of what happened with the nursing homes. While we knew something definitely went sideways there and cost many innocent people their lives, there is enough evidence on the table to have him removed from office.

The accumulation of things I would hope would do it for anyone still on the fence. If seeing grandparents die unnecessarily doesn’t do it I would think the harassment allegations should be the death knell for his political career.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

How long does one have to reply to a thread that one started before being labeled a bomb thrower and getting a timeout?

i don't rightly know, haven't worked out all of the details yet. but take a look at markstanco's stupidity. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/19098-pick-a-3-digit-number-on-covid-cases-on-google/#comments

that would absolutely qualify moving forward. if this becomes a trend, it's not going to be a thing.

incredulity came back to his thread, so that works for me. but if you just want to troll, you gonna get troll status. 

it's going along with my plan to move cloak room shit to cloak room more generally. i'm just tired of people making political statements on the forum and ducking political responsibility. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

i guess the new york times isn't a  big enough media outlet for dcar00 here. 

let's check those others to see what they're saying:

2021-02-28_13-31-23.thumb.jpg.91cd173805a8e00e50208921931aff0c.jpg

2021-02-28_13-31-05.thumb.jpg.133500664380fb1b5017aef1bba15938.jpg

2021-02-28_13-30-38.thumb.jpg.44a6b4699bff41517f326dfbd915f266.jpg

2021-02-28_13-30-21.thumb.jpg.0d223ad7e92117ecce490131a5e439bc.jpg

2021-02-28_13-27-22.thumb.jpg.3892cc1d505a2c53002a8848e4d56f8e.jpg

nope, nothing about cuomo on any of those. 

yeah of course you pick today to reply.  there was nothing as of yesterday, when I posted, on any of those I mentioned.    the second accuser ramped up and they couldn't ignore it anymore.  Its been going on for more than a week.

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yeah of course you pick today to reply.  there was nothing as of yesterday, when I posted, on any of those I mentioned.    the second accuser ramped up and they couldn't ignore it anymore.  Its been going on for more than a week.

Trumpsters: Haha stupid media and all their rush to judgment librul lynch mob Twitter journalism mistakes!

Also Trumpsters: Why doesn't the media print rumors, innuendo and one-sided accounts the second they hear them????

Look, the story is out there, all over the place now. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back -- I am sure the entire East Coast media elite read your post the other night and put teams of reporters on the story because you were about to blow the whole corrupt industry wide open. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

As i know @Incredulity is irritated and flummoxed by paywalls:

Reveal hidden contents

ALBANY, N.Y. — A second former aide to Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo is accusing him of sexual harassment, saying that he asked her questions about her sex life, whether she was monogamous in her relationships and if she had ever had sex with older men.

The aide, Charlotte Bennett, who was an executive assistant and health policy adviser in the Cuomo administration until she left in November, told The New York Times that the governor had harassed her late last spring, during the height of the state’s fight against the coronavirus.

Ms. Bennett, 25, said the most unsettling episode occurred on June 5, when she was alone with Mr. Cuomo in his State Capitol office. In a series of interviews this week, she said the governor had asked her numerous questions about her personal life, including whether she thought age made a difference in romantic relationships, and had said that he was open to relationships with women in their 20s — comments she interpreted as clear overtures to a sexual relationship.

Mr. Cuomo said in a statement to The Times on Saturday that he believed he had been acting as a mentor and had “never made advances toward Ms. Bennett, nor did I ever intend to act in any way that was inappropriate.” He said he had requested an independent review of the matter and asked that New Yorkers await the findings “before making any judgments.”

Ms. Bennett said she had tried to dodge the question by responding that she missed hugging her parents. “And he was, like, ‘No, I mean like really hugged somebody?’” she said.

Mr. Cuomo never tried to touch her, Ms. Bennett said, but the message of the entire episode was unmistakable to her.

“I understood that the governor wanted to sleep with me, and felt horribly uncomfortable and scared,” Ms. Bennett said. “And was wondering how I was going to get out of it and assumed it was the end of my job.”

Ms. Bennett said she had disclosed the interaction with Mr. Cuomo to his chief of staff, Jill DesRosiers, less than a week later and was transferred to another job, as a health policy adviser, with an office on the opposite side of the Capitol, soon after that. Ms. Bennett said she had also given a lengthy statement to a special counsel to the governor, Judith Mogul, toward the end of June.

Ms. Bennett said she ultimately decided not to insist on an investigation because she was happy in her new job and “wanted to move on.” No action was taken against the governor.

In his statement, Mr. Cuomo called Ms. Bennett a “hard-working and valued member” of his staff with “every right to speak out.” He said that Ms. Bennett had opened up to him about being a sexual assault survivor, and he had tried to be supportive and helpful. “The last thing I would ever have wanted was to make her feel any of the things that are being reported,” the governor said.

The governor did not deny that he asked Ms. Bennett personal questions; he said in the statement that he would have no further comment until the review concluded.

Ms. Bennett’s account follows another detailed accusation published on Wednesday by Lindsey Boylan, a former state economic development official who said that Mr. Cuomo had harassed her on several occasions from 2016 to 2018, at one point giving her an unsolicited kiss on the lips at his Manhattan office.

Mr. Cuomo’s office has called Ms. Boylan’s accusations untrue, but they have nonetheless prompted calls for investigations into her claims. In addition to the two women’s harassment allegations, the governor, a third-term Democrat, is confronting significant political fallout over his handling of the state’s nursing homes during the pandemic.

After seeing Ms. Boylan detail her accusations against Mr. Cuomo, Ms. Bennett shared Ms. Boylan’s account on Twitter, suggesting that people read it if they wanted a true picture of “what it’s like to work for the Cuomo” administration.

The Times contacted Ms. Bennett, and she agreed to relate her own account of harassment. She said she felt an obligation to other victims of sexual harassment and wanted to counter the way Mr. Cuomo “wields his power.”

Ms. Bennett said she had told her parents and friends about the exchange with the governor around the time that it happened, as well as about her growing discomfort with having to work closely with him, and had kept text messages from that period.

The Times reviewed the messages and confirmed their contents with those who received them. Ms. Bennett also retained text messages from Ms. DesRosiers and Ms. Mogul that alluded to their meetings in June, but did not mention the subject matter.

“I have no problem with what they did,” Ms. Bennett said of Ms. DesRosiers and Ms. Mogul, describing both women as sympathetic to her concerns. “I have a problem with what the governor did.”

Ms. Bennett was hired by the administration in early 2019, working out of the governor’s Manhattan office as a briefer, an entry-level position. She had graduated from Hamilton College in 2017, where she was active in women’s issuesand founded a sexual misconduct task force. She said her own experience in surviving a sexual attack had prompted her to “help sexual assault survivors be heard and enforce victims’ rights,” according to a bulletin on the college’s website.

By mid-2019, Ms. Bennett had been promoted to senior briefer and executive assistant after an interview with Mr. Cuomo. The two became friendly, she said, and they bonded over shared connections with Westchester County: At the time, he was living with Sandra Lee, a celebrity chef, in Mount Kisco; Ms. Bennett was living with her parents in a neighboring hamlet. She mentioned to Mr. Cuomo that she had played middle-school soccer against one of his daughters, who are also in their mid-20s.

“We got along really well,” she said of the governor. Mr. Cuomo, she said, would sometimes ask questions about her dating life that she said seemed inappropriate but not necessarily unmanageable.

“I saw him more as a father figure,” she said. “I wasn’t thinking about it as anything sexual.”

In January 2020, Ms. Bennett sent her mother a text. “Had a really long convo with Gov today,” she wrote, outlining a two-hour conversation about numerous topics, including her career goals.

“He had a lot to say and was very emotional and serious but also asked a lot of questions,” she wrote, adding, “He got emotional. Not me.”

Ms. Bennett’s mother, Jessica, confirmed the text, and her feeling, at the time, that it was reassuring that the governor seemed to be taking on the role of a mentor.

Ms. Bennett said she was asked in late March to begin working in Albany as part of the state’s Covid-19 response effort. Two months later, in mid-May, the governor’s perception of their relationship seemingly began to change, she said.

On May 15, she said she arrived at the Capitol around 7 a.m. to find Mr. Cuomo already at work. Ms. Bennett was there to drop off some briefing papers, but Mr. Cuomo was chatty, asking about her love life and, in a gossipy way, whether she was involved with other members of the governor’s staff. She memorialized the exchange in several texts to another Cuomo staff member that The Times reviewed.

Ms. Bennett said she had mentioned a speech she was scheduled to give to Hamilton students about her experience as a survivor of sexual assault. She said she had been taken aback by Mr. Cuomo’s seeming fixation on that element of her life experience.

“The way he was repeating, ‘You were raped and abused and attacked and assaulted and betrayed,’ over and over again while looking me directly in the eyes was something out of a horror movie,” she wrote in a second text to her friend. “It was like he was testing me.”

In retrospect, Ms. Bennett said, she viewed the May 15 meeting “as the turning point in our relationship.”

“Anything before it I now see differently,” she said. “I now understand that as grooming.”

Three weeks later, Ms. Bennett said, she was summoned to Mr. Cuomo’s second-floor office and was asked to take dictation with another aide.

After the second aide left, Mr. Cuomo and Ms. Bennett continued their work. When they finished, she said, he asked her to turn off her recorder, and he began a winding conversation that touched on the Black Lives Matter protests and his daily news conferences.

But, Ms. Bennett said, the governor also started to ask questions about her personal life, including whether she was romantically involved, whether she was monogamous in her relationships and whether she had ever had sex with older men.

A series of text exchanges with a female friend from that afternoon, June 5, comported with Ms. Bennett’s recounting of the story this week. In the texts, she told her friend that she was shaken and upset by the episode and worried about even writing it down.

“Something just happened and I can’t even type it out or put it in a video,” Ms. Bennett wrote.

Ms. Bennett went on to say to her friend, who confirmed the texts’ content and validity but asked not to be identified for fear of retribution, that she and the governor had just spoken “about age differences in relationships.”

When her friend asked whether Mr. Cuomo had done anything physical to Ms. Bennett, she responded: “No but it was like the most explicit it could be.”

The next day, the women continued to discuss the episode via text. Ms. Bennett wrote that the governor had asked her whether she was having sex with other people “while in my recent relationships.”

In the interview, Ms. Bennett said Mr. Cuomo told her he was lonely, particularly since the end of his relationship with Ms. Lee in 2019. He said Ms. Lee was “out of the picture,” according to Ms. Bennett, adding that he referred to “wanting a girlfriend, preferably in the Albany area.”

Ms. Bennett, who had just turned 25 at the time, said Mr. Cuomo had also asked about her feelings about age differences in relationships, saying “age doesn’t matter,” according to a text she sent to her friend.

“He asked me if I believed if age made a difference in relationships and he also asked me in the same conversation if I had ever been with an older man,” Ms. Bennett reiterated in an interview with The Times.

At one juncture, Ms. Bennett said, the governor also noted that he felt “he’s fine with anyone above the age of 22,” a point that came up after they discussed her speech at Hamilton on what was her 25th birthday.

Asked if she felt Mr. Cuomo’s questions and comments were an entreaty to a sexual relationship, Ms. Bennett said: “That’s absolutely how it felt.”

Ms. Bennett said that she had felt deeply uncomfortable with Mr. Cuomo’s comments and had tried to shift the conversation into more neutral territory — something “not about my sex life,” she recalled — like intellectual theories about monogamy and power dynamics, and even a tattoo she was considering getting.

She said Mr. Cuomo had suggested that perhaps she should put the tattoo on her buttocks, so people would not see it when she wore a dress.

A friend of Ms. Bennett’s, a former Cuomo administration official, said he had spoken to her shortly after the June 5 episode. He confirmed the contours of her account, saying that she had made it clear to him that she believed the governor wanted to have sex with her.

Ms. Bennett told her parents about the encounter within days, her mother recalled, saying her daughter had made a special visit home to do so. “She was obviously upset,” Ms. Bennett’s mother said.

Ms. Bennett said she spoke to Mr. Cuomo’s chief of staff, Ms. DesRosiers, on June 10, five days after the episode.

She said the meeting, in Ms. DesRosiers’s office, had lasted about 10 minutes. Ms. Bennett said she had recounted her interaction with Mr. Cuomo and she recalled that Ms. DesRosiers had asked a few questions, been apologetic and asked to speak to her again in two days.

In a text message sent to a friend after the meeting, Ms. Bennett said Ms. DesRosiers had said: “How can we do this?,” asking whether she wanted to stay in the executive branch or move to another part of the state government.

When Ms. Bennett’s friend asked what that meant, Ms. Bennett explained that an outside job would still be with the administration, but “just not interacting with him.”

She also told her friend, in the same series of texts, that she trusted Ms. DesRosiers but was worried about Mr. Cuomo’s reaction: “I just said I didn’t want him to find out and get mad.”

Two days later, on June 12, Ms. DesRosiers told Ms. Bennett she would be transferred to a new position as a health policy adviser, still working in the executive branch, but in a different part of the Capitol. Her new job was announced in a June 17 email to Department of Health officials. “Welcome Charlotte!” it concluded.

Later that month, Ms. Bennett met with Ms. Mogul, a special counsel to the governor, and repeated her claims. She said, however, that she soon decided to “let this go and move on.”

In a statement on Saturday, Beth Garvey, another special counsel to the governor, said that “Ms. Bennett’s concerns were treated with sensitivity and respect and in accordance with applicable law and policy.” She characterized the transfer to a health policy position as fulfilling “a longstanding interest” of Ms. Bennett’s.

Of Ms. Bennett, Ms. Garvey said, “she was consulted regarding the resolution, and expressed satisfaction and appreciation for the way in which it was handled.” Barbara S. Jones, a former federal judge in Manhattan, will lead the outside review into the matter, Ms. Garvey said.

Ms. Bennett left state government last fall and she now lives and works in a neighboring state. She said that her anger about what had happened had continued to percolate and had led to her departure.

“His presence was suffocating,” she said. “I was thinking that I could recover and have distance but that is so naïve.”

She added that she had been committed to her job in the administration, even after her interactions with Mr. Cuomo, and had tried to “not have him ruin this for me.”

But, she said, “I learned that’s not how that works.

The idea that Royko might be his avatar alarmed me so much I spent ten minutes trying to disprove it. Result: I am almost certain it is not Royko. I am a journalist and he was one of my heroes when I first started reading the papers. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

The idea that Royko might be his avatar alarmed me so much I spent ten minutes trying to disprove it. Result: I am almost certain it is not Royko. I am a journalist and he was one of my heroes when I first started reading the papers. 

Royko is one of the greats. So much so that choosing him as an avatar wouldn’t surprise me, cognitive dissonance being a given from the right.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

I don’t see him resigning and from what I understand the numbers aren’t there in NY state legislature.  I guess that could change with more harassment accusations or other issues.

He will resign unless the harrassment accusations are truly proven false.  The buildup against Cuomo is still growing. Progressives never really liked him and he has been rapidly losing his white centrist and blue collar base.  Oddly, I think having 2 simultaneous scandals about 2 completely different things is buying him time as they are all investigated separately. Additionally, if he is judged clean on one of them, it may save him from the other one even if he is dirty in it. Personally, I hope they are all true because he needs to be gone for the nursing home shell game anyway. And we also need to open investigations into all the states who undercounted deaths entirely which is worse than what Cuomo did. But if the harassment claims end up being bogus, he will use that to play the victim card across the board, and it will work.

But I also think Republicans like yourself expect Dems to rally around bad actors because y'all always do. The last time that happened was with Clinton. Franken was gone in 3 weeks.  Spitzer was less than a week. But what Spitzer did should be legal, IMO, and was consensual. Clinton would have been toast as a governor or senator in the metoo era.  But it is harder to dump a President so he would probably survive. However, Dems would have absolutely removed a Dem Trump.  He laps this entire field on sexual transgressions, and that's even before we get to the insurrection, election interference, and selling access. 

And a lot of yall misunderstand how a 24 hour news cycle works. Cruz is going full buffoon with daily soundbites because it worked for Trump.  Cuomo isn't going to tweet nutty things or give a bonkers press conference or speech. He stays composed. Things get investigated. They are reported in a timely manner.  It doesn't provide something to talk about for 24 hours.  Even if he resigns, it will be a composed letter and press conference.  Of course that is going to be reported mildly, unlike a Cruz or Trump resignation who would go out while flinging shit everywhere. You're also wrong about who benefits from the coverage or lack of coverage. There is no such thing as bad publicity. What Cruz has been doing since Cancun is entirely intentional. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

He will resign unless the harrassment accusations are truly proven false.  The buildup against Cuomo is still growing. Progressives never really liked him and he has been rapidly losing his white centrist and blue collar base.  Oddly, I think having 2 simultaneous scandals about 2 completely different things is buying him time as they are all investigated separately. Additionally, if he is judged clean on one of them, it may save him from the other one even if he is dirty in it. Personally, I hope they are all true because he needs to be gone for the nursing home shell game anyway. And we also need to open investigations into all the states who undercounted deaths entirely which is worse than what Cuomo did. But if the harassment claims end up being bogus, he will use that to play the victim card across the board, and it will work.

But I also think Republicans like yourself expect Dems to rally around bad actors because y'all always do. The last time that happened was with Clinton. Franken was gone in 3 weeks.  Spitzer was less than a week. But what Spitzer did should be legal, IMO, and was consensual. Clinton would have been toast as a governor or senator in the metoo era.  But it is harder to dump a President so he would probably survive. However, Dems would have absolutely removed a Dem Trump.  He laps this entire field on sexual transgressions, and that's even before we get to the insurrection, election interference, and selling access. 

And a lot of yall misunderstand how a 24 hour news cycle works. Cruz is going full buffoon with daily soundbites because it worked for Trump.  Cuomo isn't going to tweet nutty things or give a bonkers press conference or speech. He stays composed. Things get investigated. They are reported in a timely manner.  It doesn't provide something to talk about for 24 hours.  Even if he resigns, it will be a composed letter and press conference.  Of course that is going to be reported mildly, unlike a Cruz or Trump resignation who would go out while flinging shit everywhere. You're also wrong about who benefits from the coverage or lack of coverage. There is no such thing as bad publicity. What Cruz has been doing since Cancun is entirely intentional. 

I would take a friendly wager on his resignation.  I would clarify no further harassment accusers and want to agree on a defined timeline.

$50 donation to others charity of choice?

I have no doubt we will learn about bizarre sexual shit from both brothers. Andrew seems like the type that likes scatting. Or have his nipple bars twisted while he’s blind folded and covered in Mayo listening to New York New York or Sinatra. I am team investigation/ remove from office if found guilty no matter what party or state/city they represent. We need to hold people in power accountable. Ken Paxton needs to gooooo but I read an article saying it would take forever or some lame shit and not get the result wanted. The Cuomo brothers creep me out. Not sure why but the vibes I am getting are like most of the Baldwin brothers—weird vibes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Trumpsters: Haha stupid media and all their rush to judgment librul lynch mob Twitter journalism mistakes!

Also Trumpsters: Why doesn't the media print rumors, innuendo and one-sided accounts the second they hear them????

Look, the story is out there, all over the place now. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back -- I am sure the entire East Coast media elite read your post the other night and put teams of reporters on the story because you were about to blow the whole corrupt industry wide open. 

yeah, i was the poster trying to play games with the info.  I don't care which way they do it just be consistent.  but of course your rushing to claim "trumpsters" and obfuscate the issue makes my point.

I do wonder why the racist Virgina governor is still in office.

11 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I would take a friendly wager on his resignation.  I would clarify no further harassment accusers and want to agree on a defined timeline.

$50 donation to others charity of choice?

Way too many moving parts. Like I said, if the harrassment claims end up being bogus, he won't resign. He will otherwise, but it will require a completed investigation into the nursing homes which will move at a snail's pace. Or it will require the current harrasment claims to be unquestionably true (which may be difficult to prove), or for more harrassment accusers to come forward.  One other thing to look at when someone resigns for harrassment is that they always confess to some or all of the allegations.  Cuomo isn't going to confess unless the investigation forces his hand. That pushes the timeline out further as well. 

The wild card is that if either of these scandals occurred by themselves, their being true would end him. But since they are both happening, the harrassment needs to be proven for anything to happen.  If one thing is proven false the "out to get me" defense will play across the board. In a way, this is the Trump model. Have infinite scandals, have one be less than true or pay someone off to take back their allegations, and then sweep all the others away with it. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

15 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I have no doubt we will learn about bizarre sexual shit from both brothers. Andrew seems like the type that likes scatting. Or have his nipple bars twisted while he’s blind folded and covered in Mayo listening to New York New York or Sinatra. I am team investigation/ remove from office if found guilty no matter what party or state/city they represent. We need to hold people in power accountable. Ken Paxton needs to gooooo but I read an article saying it would take forever or some lame shit and not get the result wanted. The Cuomo brothers creep me out. Not sure why but the vibes I am getting are like most of the Baldwin brothers—weird vibes. 

Yeah as I’ve stated on this thread, Chris’ little holier than thou act seems fake and forced. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Chris and Andrew blackmailed and extorted a shit ton of people over the years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Because had he resigned the republicans would have had probably regained the state house, and democrats have worked too hard, and spent too much money to allow it to be taken away.

There was no hew, and cry from mainstream democrats for his resignation.  His actions were beyond lame when he pulled that black face stunt in college.  

He should have resigned.  Instead he went into bunker mode, and didn't resurface for a long damn time.

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

oh so in the lull between the first accuser breaking on wednesday and the second accuser breaking yesterday about 6 pm it fell off the front page?  that's what you're complaining about?  i know that rwm just goes back to the same tired well of bullshit every day so you're not used to that but that's how news works pretty much everywhere else. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20210224224133/https://abcnews.go.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20210224235640if_/http://www.msnbc.com/

etc

yeah, i was the poster trying to play games with the info.  I don't care which way they do it just be consistent.  but of course your rushing to claim "trumpsters" and obfuscate the issue makes my point.

Man who voted for the most racially divisive president in a century is very concerned about racism.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah as I’ve stated on this thread, Chris’ little holier than thou act seems fake and forced. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Chris and Andrew blackmailed and extorted a shit ton of people over the years. 

I just get creepy vibes off both of them. Like I always thought Matt Lauer was a dickhead but then it turns out he’s into some strange sex shit also. That’s not a crime but sexual harassment obviously is. These new allegations are just the “tip” of the iceberg I think. We have seen what happens lately when one person comes forward on these people. It snowballs. Andrew reminds me of a guy who I interviewed with when I graduated. It was for a job with a brokerage. Dude harassed me throughout the interview and said at one point, “ why do you even want this job? Shouldn’t you be married and having tons of babies and making your husband happy in the bedroom?” I wasn’t sure how to respond. Didn’t get the job and didn’t report his behavior though at the time wasn’t sure how to report it or if it was even worth it. People like that get away with it for a long time. And even when it’s made public like with Trump or Clinton it usually doesn’t stick—well until Time’s up/ Me too. Now it’s career ending. As it should be. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Christ, I didn’t call for his resignation or post any other inflammatory shit about him.  

I am more interested in how now becomes the time for the reckoning of issues that seem to have been pretty common knowledge for quite some time.  

I think for the most part it’s better to hold elected officials accountable through elections.  

Yes. Who needs the legal system, inspectors general, or oversight? Let the people decide!

spacer.png

And if the fake news says you lost, just deny the validity of the entire elections process. Profit.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Now is the time because his state AG has dotard's tax returns.  Creating upheaval is a tactic to run out the clock on the statute of limitations.  Or something else, who knows?

11 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Oddly specific.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Now is the time because his state AG has dotard's tax returns.  Creating upheaval is a tactic to run out the clock on the statute of limitations.  Or something else, who knows?

So the MSM is running interference for Trump?

Interdasting...

16 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

So the MSM is running interference for Trump?

Interdasting...

No, no, no, you silly rabbit.  The MSM started reporting once the victims came forward.  The victims came forward when their handlers like Roger Stone instructed them to do.  Don't you know anything about how conspiracy theories work?  Being a right-winger I thought you would have that all figured out by now.

Because had he resigned the republicans would have had probably regained the state house, and democrats have worked too hard, and spent too much money to allow it to be taken away.
There was no hew, and cry from mainstream democrats for his resignation.  His actions were beyond lame when he pulled that black face stunt in college.  
He should have resigned.  Instead he went into bunker mode, and didn't resurface for a long damn time.

Hue. If you’re gonna use a historical phrase to sound intelligent at least spell it correctly.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Pure fantasy. 

15 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

There was no hew, and cry from mainstream democrats for his resignation.  

This is simply false.  

From Wikipedia (because I'm too lazy to waste my time going to more formal sources):

"[A] wide list of state and national politicians, activists, and public figures called for Northam's resignation.  Among them was Representative Karen Bass, chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, who stated: 'We now know what Ralph Northam did when he thought no one was watching. The person in that photo can’t be trusted to lead. Governor Northam must resign immediately.' State leaders and organizations such as Representative Donald McEachin, Representative Scott Taylor, the ACLU of Virginia, and the Richmond Times Dispatch all called on Northam to resign, and this call transcended party lines as both the Virginia House Democrats and the Virginia GOP demanded resignation. Nationally, figures such as Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Tom Steyer, and Chuck Schumer all made statements admonishing Northam's actions and asking for an apology and a leave of his position.  In a joint statement, Senator Warner, Senator Kaine, and Representative Bobby Scott issued a joint statement including the assertion that 'After [they] watched his press conference today, [they] called Governor Northam to tell him that [they] no longer believe[d] he can effectively serve as Governor of Virginia and that he must resign.'"

His actions were beyond lame when he pulled that black face stunt in college.  

He should have resigned. 

Agreed.  Let's not lose focus on the subject of the thread by deflecting to complain about other shitheels.

Edited by DDD Dad

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Ah, I see now where dcar's "The media is ignoring the story!" talking point is coming from.  Even Fox News thinks you're being stupid

TV news is the only real news.  NY Times doesn't count since you have to read it. 

23 hours ago, elfenix said:

oh so in the lull between the first accuser breaking on wednesday and the second accuser breaking yesterday about 6 pm it fell off the front page?  that's what you're complaining about?  i know that rwm just goes back to the same tired well of bullshit every day so you're not used to that but that's how news works pretty much everywhere else. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20210224224133/https://abcnews.go.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20210224235640if_/http://www.msnbc.com/

etc

the first accuser broke in Dec.  they were hoping it would go away.  then the second accuser came forward.

I mostly just skimmed this thread but I think I can recap it pretty well

The Surly Trump squad: We care very, very deeply about the sexual safety and autonomy of women. It is basically the single most important thing in the world to us. We are appalled by skeezy men in powerful positions

dcar; Obama is a racist!!

Every single person on the thread: Cuomo fucking sucks, recall him

Surly Trump squad: WHY WON'T DEMOCRATS RENOUNCE CUOMO. SEE, BOTH SIDES ENABLE THEIR BAD POLITICIANS. *drops mic and goes back to watching OANN*

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I got my own POS gubnor to holler about. I ain't gonna waste one second worrying about NY's. 

It's amusing though to see people that voted for a known sex offender pillory someone on the other side.

And @hayden_horn move anything that might be construed as CR over here.

It's about damn time they have to abide by the same rules.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

And @hayden_horn move anything that might be construed as CR over here.

It's about damn time they have to abide by the same rules.

Yep. Ridiculous that they've been allowed to fling political shit all over every other board without consequences, shitting up half of the threads on the whole fucking site. All because they don't want to interact with too many liberals or whatever. 

If there's any place on Earth where a bunch of fragile terrified white men shouldn't be coddled and babied like the whiny little bitches they are, it's Surly. And yet, even here they're given their safe spaces and their own entire set of rules while they muck up the other 90% of the site with nonsense.

Edited by BradInATX

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Yep. Ridiculous that they've been allowed to fling political shit all over every other board without consequences, shitting up half of the threads on the whole fucking site. All because they don't want to interact with too many liberals or whatever. 

If there's any place on Earth where a bunch of fragile terrified white men aren't coddled and babied like the whiny little bitches they are, it's Surly. And yet, even here they're given their safe spaces while they muck up the other 90% of the site with nonsense.

I used to go to DT more often than CR. I found this place originally because of that stupid radio station I listen to habitually.

Vile and amazing. Somebody said that applies to here and JITB tacos.

I just want the same rules applied across the board. I earned my timeouts. @Continental Op earned his.

I ain't the onliest one putting politics outside of CR. And a whole helluva lot of it is in football.