Cuomo

Incredulity

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Yep. Ridiculous that they've been allowed to fling political shit all over every other board without consequences, shitting up half of the threads on the whole fucking site. All because they don't want to interact with too many liberals or whatever. 

If there's any place on Earth where a bunch of fragile terrified white men shouldn't be coddled and babied like the whiny little bitches they are, it's Surly. And yet, even here they're given their safe spaces and their own entire set of rules while they muck up the other 90% of the site with nonsense.

I’m so fucking sick of seeing “play stupid games, win stupid prizes!” Just the most annoying saying and it’s basically a right wing dog whistle 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Dallas peeps know him.

Uncle Barky is legit.

Actually, Chris didn't cover Andrew much specifically during covid.  He covered the outbreak.  The same one Andrew spoke about every morning.   I have no problem with Chris stepping away from the mic as long as he allows other to step up to it.  Its his brother.  He can let someone else tell it, but he needs to actually do that.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Somewhere Bill DeBlasio is getting fitted for a Gritty costume to put on once the resignation happens.

I hope not.  Gritty can do better than having DeBlasio inside of him.

The DeBlasio image rehab aspect of this is interesting though.  For the most part, I thought DeBlasio had it right during the covid spats with Cuomo even though he lost almost all of them. 

But also all the fake right wing complaints about DeBlasio were 180 degrees wrong.  My real problem with him is that he was an endgame Bloomberg and exacerbated well meaning but overextended Bloomberg policies when he really needed to shore them up.  This includes the glut of luxury apartment buildings, many of which are still breaking ground right now, with tax abatements that allow them to sit vacant.  All the while, lotteries for "affordable" units in the same buildings get 1000s of applicants for each one.  Same thing for retail rent tax abatements.  There are so many empty storefronts and its more profitable for landlords to let them sit vacant than it is to allow the market rate to adjust to the actual market.  Rents could and should be down across the board, both before, and especially during covid.  He also expanded NYPD but gets knocked for shrinking it.  His response to BLM was to move school security guards from the NYPD to the DoE budget which I adamantly opposed, partly because it was a shell game, but mostly because Republicans attack the DoE budget every chance they get, and the NYPD budget barely gets attacked at all.  So now we will start to hear "DoE spends so much more money!!" and they'll cut teachers or pre-K instead of moving security guards back to the NYPD budget.

But I digress.  Cuomo sucks.  DeBlasio also sucks.  The solution is not a Republican, however.  Its a real progressive.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I mostly just skimmed this thread but I think I can recap it pretty well

The Surly Trump squad: We care very, very deeply about the sexual safety and autonomy of women. It is basically the single most important thing in the world to us. We are appalled by skeezy men in powerful positions
dcar; Obama is a racist!!
Every single person on the thread: Cuomo fucking sucks, recall him
Surly Trump squad: WHY WON'T DEMOCRATS RENOUNCE CUOMO. SEE, BOTH SIDES ENABLE THEIR BAD POLITICIANS. *drops mic and goes back to watching OANN*

You forgot to mention the part where a Trump-obsessed poster brought up Trump in a thread not about Trump. Again.
  • Hook 'Em 1

That would be every thread.
The comments that bring up Trump are typically more about the continued support he's getting, and the lack of self-awareness such support would require.

In other words, it's more about you being a moron, than about Trump being shitty... and Trump was shi-TTY..
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

That’s not true.  For a while there Chris had Andrew on his primetime show often and would have brotherly banter interviews with him.   It may have been framed as being about Covid, but he was essentially giving Andrew an infomercial just like Trump calling in to Hannity.  I can’t say I really blame him for not wanting to blast his brother now, but it has been a double standard on his show.

Chris and Don Lemon are both the suck in general, though.  If CNN could get rid of them and Wolf Blitzer, they’d be a much better network.  

Yeah Chris and Don Lemon fucking suck. Both with the holier than thou attitude. Fire em and give Kaitlin Collins a desk job. At least she won’t preach to me about how bad I should feel all the time due to all the injustices in the world that only Chris and Don can stop 

The comments that bring up Trump are typically more about the continued support he's getting, and the lack of self-awareness such support would require.

In other words, it's more about you being a moron, than about Trump being shitty... and Trump was shi-TTY..

This. Their Trump support is mentioned so they understand why nobody takes their opinion on sexual assault seriously. Adults are talking.
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 11:37 PM, FondrenRoad said:

Actually, Chris didn't cover Andrew much specifically during covid.  He covered the outbreak.  The same one Andrew spoke about every morning.   I have no problem with Chris stepping away from the mic as long as he allows other to step up to it.  Its his brother.  He can let someone else tell it, but he needs to actually do that.

I admire your commitment to the crazy.

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Cuomo should just join the Republican Party. Then his sexual harassment problems would disappear. They don’t care about that shit. 

We said that he was killing people left and right in nursing home, but it was very silent on that from. I guess Democrats just don't care about that shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

We said that he was killing people left and right in nursing home, but it was very silent on that from. I guess Democrats just don't care about that shit.

You are an absolute moron.  There were a number of us that were not happy with Cuomo.  This one side vs. the other side bullshit is getting fucking tired.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

You are an absolute moron.  There were a number of us that were not happy with Cuomo.  This one side vs. the other side bullshit is getting fucking tired.

Almost everyone here ripped him to shreds for it. As well as Newsome and Adler.

They need to feel like both sides always justify poor behavior by their politicians after they spent the last four years teabagging an effeminate, preening, sloppy fat, spray-tanned trust fund socialite who grifted the ever loving shit out of an entire group of people who he'd never let within 30 yards of him.

I'd try to rationalize away my embarrassment too if I did that.

20 hours ago, workswithseed said:

I can't believe I'm not hearing anything snarky from these links. I mean I'm a moron and Cuomo is the only killer.

So does this mean all the Cuomosexuals are in hiding now? Or are they pretending he doesn’t exist anymore? I remember last March the love fest and how people wanted him to run for President and how amazing he was. Now it’s like “Cuomo who?” 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

So does this mean all the Cuomosexuals are in hiding now? Or are they pretending he doesn’t exist anymore? I remember last March the love fest and how people wanted him to run for President and how amazing he was. Now it’s like “Cuomo who?” 

I don’t remember any of that. Maybe you should post evidence of it.   I remember people being really angry about elected officials within their purview, meaning Texas governor and president and senators and such, being fuckups.  Did you vote for Cuomo?  I didn’t.  Cut this shit out. You have a governor whose mind is less capable of his paralyzed limbs of representing you.    You’re better than this. Cuomo is nothing.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I don’t remember any of that. Maybe you should post evidence of it.   I remember people being really angry about elected officials within their purview, meaning Texas governor and president and senators and such, being fuckups.  Did you vote for Cuomo?  I didn’t.  Cut this shit out. You have a governor whose mind is less capable of his paralyzed limbs of representing you.    You’re better than this. Cuomo is nothing.  

The press was putting a halo on his head, and talking about him running for president.  The charges of the nursing home deaths were being downplayed, and denied as his fault in some quarters.  Denying it happened doesn't make it go away.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The press was putting a halo on his head, and talking about him running for president.  The charges of the nursing home deaths were being downplayed, and denied as his fault in some quarters.  Denying it happened doesn't make it go away.

So are we the press?  Surly didn’t put a halo on his head. That’s where you fuck shit up.   You assume that anyone who isn’t you is the liberal cabal.  The amount of fucks I give about Andrew Cuomo = the amount of fucks I give about Jefferson Davis.  It’s not my domain, and it shouldn’t affect me, except you people keep saying it does.  Stop it.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cuomosexual

The date of that entry is a nice spicy meatball on a spaghetti.  

Screenshot_20210304-164005.png

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

So are we the press?  Surly didn’t put a halo on his head. That’s where you fuck shit up.   You assume that anyone who isn’t you is the liberal cabal.  The amount of fucks I give about Andrew Cuomo = the amount of fucks I give about Jefferson Davis.  It’s not my domain, and it shouldn’t affect me, except you people keep saying it does.  Stop it.   

Then don’t post in a thread titled, “Cuomo”.  Jesus.

It’s a big national story.  Your head must have been fully up your ass all last year.  Cuomo was presented by the MSM example A1 of competent leadership dealing with Covid.  They gave him a fucking Emmy.

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Then don’t post in a thread titled, “Cuomo”.  Jesus.

It’s a big national story.  Your head must have been fully up your ass all last year.  Cuomo was presented by the MSM example A1 of competent leadership dealing with Covid.  They gave him a fucking Emmy.

Then don’t vote for him, moron.   How does this affect you, do you live in NYS?

26 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I was referring to the now numerous sexual allegations against him and the lovefest going on last March. The term Cuomosexual is not a new one: I have an issue with the sexual harassment. I found it interesting all of these people in the media were tweeting about how they were in love with him. Now it turns out he’s just a creepy old man who hits on women of a certain age on his staff.

I am less than happy with Abbott. Not a fan. But this is the Cuomo thread. I think people from both sides of the political spectrum have an issue with calling out people in their own party. Or if they do they have to call out someone from the opposite party in the same breath. Kinda sad really. Cuomo sucks. Abbott sucks. You can say one of them sucks without having to drag someone else into it. I don’t watch Fox News. 

I watch local news and read news from national sites. I don’t like Cuomo and I am personally glad he is getting drug through the media now. Feel the same way when leaders of our city and state government fuck up. I am all for holding people in power accountable. No matter their race, sex, orientation or political party. If they have done something against the law fuck em. 

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Explain to me how, as a Texan, Cuomo affects you.   

It doesn’t but I am enjoying watching people walk off their literal snogfest of this toad. It’s entertaining. Cuomo for President 2021! Lmao. Their coverage of him propelled him on the national stage in a far greater way than was warranted. Imagine if the lovefest had gotten him a position within the national government? Fortunately that didn’t happen. 

Just now, Nicole44 said:

I was referring to the now numerous sexual allegations against him and the lovefest going on last March. The term Cuomosexual is not a new one: I have an issue with the sexual harassment. I found it interesting all of these people in the media were tweeting about how they were in love with him. Now it turns out he’s just a creepy old man who hits on women of a certain age on his staff.

I am less than happy with Abbott. Not a fan. But this is the Cuomo thread. I think people from both sides of the political spectrum have an issue with calling out people in their own party. Or if they do they have to call out someone from the opposite party in the same breath. Kinda sad really. Cuomo sucks. Abbott sucks. You can say one of them sucks without having to drag someone else into it. I don’t watch Fox News. 

I watch local news and read news from national sites. I don’t like Cuomo and I am personally glad he is getting drug through the media now. Feel the same way when leaders of our city and state government fuck up. I am all for holding people in power accountable. No matter their race, sex, orientation or political party. If they have done something against the law fuck em. 

I’m fine with him getting whatever he deserves.  You didn’t answer the question about all the “Cuomosexuals” on this board who were apparently rooting for him for president or whatever, which was exactly what you said.  Either back it up, or back down.  You said it.  

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

It’s just a thread on a political discussion board.

Show me on the doll where Andrew touched you.

No, show me on the doll where Andrew DIDNT touch you.   Andrew is a governor in a state far, far away from where you live.  Have you ever read Peter Pan?  Dr Suess?  

Good news for all the self-identified “Cuomosexuals” of social media: Andrew Cuomo hears you, and he’s a fan.

Appearing on an upcoming episode of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” Andrew Cuomo embraced the new term adopted by DeGeneres and fellow TV hosts Trevor Noah and Stephen Colbert to express love and admiration for the New York governorand his brother, CNN anchor Chris Cuomo.

(The internet is smitten too, and there’s even an Urban Dictionary entry for “Cuomosexual” and clothing emblazoned with the word.)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-04-28/andrew-cuomo-sexual-ellen-degeneres-youtube%3f_amp=true

A) I have cramps. So feeling bitchy right now. 
B) I was referring to the lovefest for Cuomo in multiple articles and on television. Not individual surly posters. I don’t recall the lovefest here. I am talking about celebrities, talk show hosts, the mainstream national media and so on. And yes, I think it is entertaining to watch them all walk back their love for him now. Some have referred to it directly. Trevor Noah did a piece on his former Cuomo love the other night and it was hilarious. Said he was now embarrassed.

Not referring to posters. Referring to people in the media and those in celebrity in somewhat influential positions. I am enjoying watching them squirm. Which makes me an asshole I guess? But I have cramps and IDGAF! 😃😃😃

34 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

My comment wasn't about surly. It was a general comment about how Cuomo  was treated by the press.  

I don't limit my news sources to what Surly says.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Good news for all the self-identified “Cuomosexuals” of social media: Andrew Cuomo hears you, and he’s a fan.

Appearing on an upcoming episode of “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” Andrew Cuomo embraced the new term adopted by DeGeneres and fellow TV hosts Trevor Noah and Stephen Colbert to express love and admiration for the New York governorand his brother, CNN anchor Chris Cuomo.

(The internet is smitten too, and there’s even an Urban Dictionary entry for “Cuomosexual” and clothing emblazoned with the word.)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-04-28/andrew-cuomo-sexual-ellen-degeneres-youtube%3f_amp=true

A) I have cramps. So feeling bitchy right now. 
B) I was referring to the lovefest for Cuomo in multiple articles and on television. Not individual surly posters. I don’t recall the lovefest here. I am talking about celebrities, talk show hosts, the mainstream national media and so on. And yes, I think it is entertaining to watch them all walk back their love for him now. Some have referred to it directly. Trevor Noah did a piece on his former Cuomo love the other night and it was hilarious. Said he was now embarrassed.

Not referring to posters. Referring to people in the media and those in celebrity in somewhat influential positions. I am enjoying watching them squirm. Which makes me an asshole I guess? But I have cramps and IDGAF! 😃😃😃

That’s cool, I just don’t understand the concerted effort against Cuomo and Newsom.  They aren’t the party. At least not where I sit.