Cuomo

Incredulity

4 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Why wasn't he outed till now? Why is it now that shit is hitting the fan?

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

We, and they all know the answer, but willful dishonesty is a thing.

I'm curious as to what you think the answer is. 

I'll share mine in advance: the shame and fear that victims feel when sexually harassed or abused can be crushing. It takes serious guts to step forward against someone, and especially so when that person is the most powerful man in the state. But once that first brave woman steroids forward, it helps encourage other victims to step forward because they realize they are not alone. 

What's your answer? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

I'm curious as to what you think the answer is. 

I'll share mine in advance: the shame and fear that victims feel when sexually harassed or abused can be crushing. It takes serious guts to step forward against someone, and especially so when that person is the most powerful man in the state. But once that first brave woman steroids forward, it helps encourage other victims to step forward because they realize they are not alone. 

What's your answer? 

I get that, but he had sick people go into nursing homes. He killed people. Why wasn't everyone telling him to resign then? 

7 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I get that, but he had sick people go into nursing homes. He killed people. Why wasn't everyone telling him to resign then? 

You. Fucking. Clown. You’re honestly going to pretend like you give a shit about negligent/incompetent leadership killing people during this pandemic? Now? Here? Fucking LOL, man.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You. Fucking. Clown. You’re honestly going to pretend like you give a shit about negligent/incompetent leadership killing people during this pandemic? Now? Here? Fucking LOL, man.

Is whataboutism all you got? I bet you can look at my thoughts on Trump during this pandemic, but this ain't his thread.

Here is what is relevant. The governor of New York appears to have a mountain of evidence building against him. If he truly cares about the people of New York he would step aside. If he truly cared he would also have never sent his constituents to their death. Hiding the nursing home death total is is something a person that enjoys power would do. The totality of evidence thus far points towards that. 

He has to go and New York needs to move forward with a leader with better qualities of empathy and respect for the lives of every person in this state.

• Hook 'Em 2

I see that we're switching tracks from the "Libtards all love and support crooks if they're Democrats!!" tack that was proven wrong to "We found one Democrat who did some questionable stuff and still holds office, which makes the fact that our party is saturated with criminals, racists, and literal crazy people perfectly OK!"

See, I knew it! “We’re”

He needs to resign. I don’t know why he’s holding out? He’s hoping all the women recant their stories? He’s the guy who thinks just because he didn’t stick his dick in someone, it’s nor bad. This isn’t #metoo Governor, it’s straight up office sexual harassment. Habitual. Time to hit the bricks pal 

He needs to resign. I don’t know why he’s holding out? He’s hoping all the women recant their stories? He’s the guy who thinks just because he didn’t stick his dick in someone, it’s nor bad. This isn’t #metoo Governor, it’s straight up office sexual harassment. Habitual. Time to hit the bricks pal 

In his head he is thinking “trump didn’t resigned, why should I?”

On 3/13/2021 at 9:28 AM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Lo fucking l at all of these Trumpkins that are OUTRAGED when they see incompetent leadership resulting in deaths and sexual harassment.

Cowards and hypocrites. Every single one of you.

The anger started as soon as it was discovered what he was doing with elderly Covid patients, and that was as the press was playing him up for a potential presidential run so peddle your expatriate revisionism somewhere else.

16 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The anger started as soon as it was discovered what he was doing with elderly Covid patients, and that was as the press was playing him up for a potential presidential run so peddle your expatriate revisionism somewhere else.

Spoiler

171002-hillaryclinton-editorial.jpg

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Um, how about your president completely fucking up the covid response and killing 500,000+ Americans? We'll take your outrage more seriously when you acknowledge that Republicans have killed hundreds of thousands of Americans with their purposeful negligence. And to be clear, Cuomo sucks and should resign.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yes, the outrage was swift and strong. That's why he rescinded the order by May (way too late). You're correct on those points, but I do not recall him being played up for a presidential run, at least not by the media I consume. In fact, I recall reading several stories in the NYTimes that were quite critical and openly questioned his decision and the weird way NY state reported it's data on nursing home deaths. Now, the media you consume may say that the liberal media didn't cover it, but that's certainly not true.

‘Playing Russian Roulette’: Nursing Homes Told to Take the Infected (4/24/2020)

Neal Nibur has lived in a nursing home for about a year, ever since he had a bad bout of pneumonia. Now, the 80-year-old man has not only his own health to worry about but that of his neighbors at the Poughkeepsie, N.Y., residence. Four new patients recently arrived from the hospital with Covid-19.

They were admitted for one reason, according to staff members: A state guideline says nursing homes cannot refuse to take patients from hospitals solely because they have the coronavirus.

“I don’t like them playing Russian roulette with my life,” said Mr. Nibur, who is on oxygen. “It’s putting us at risk. I am 80 years old with underlying problems. Everybody here has an underlying problem.”

The disease caused by the virus has killed more than 10,500 residents and staff members at nursing homes and long-term care facilities nationwide, according to a New York Times analysis. That is nearly a quarter of deaths in the United States from the pandemic. On Saturday, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York described nursing homes as a “feeding frenzy for this virus.”

Does Cuomo Share Blame for 6,200 Virus Deaths in N.Y. Nursing Homes? (7/8/2020)

The state Department of Health’s order on March 25 said that nursing homes must readmit residents sent to hospitals with the coronavirus, and accept new patients as long as they are deemed “medically stable.” The homes were also barred from testing new or returning residents for the coronavirus, which might have indicated whether residents were infectious.

Mr. Cuomo and health officials said that under existing regulations, the homes could turn patients away if they were unable to safely care for them. But most home administrators felt they had no choice but to accept them; denying patients could lead to a loss in revenue and invite regulatory scrutiny.

New York’s rule alarmed nursing home workers and residents’ families, who worried it would spark outbreaks among an already high-risk population.

“It makes absolutely no sense,” said Lorry Sullivan, whose mother died in a Long Island nursing home after testing positive for the virus in April. “You lock old people in a nursing home and keep them away from their families, and then you put Covid patients in there?”

Roughly 12 other states, including New Jersey, issued similar guidelines urging nursing homes to accept virus patients from hospitals, according to the Health Department’s report.

But in Connecticut and Massachusetts, coronavirus patients were sent to facilities that were reserved for those with Covid-19, a strategy considered to be the safest way to halt the contagion.

In early April, Mr. Cuomo also signed legislation that shielded nursing homes from most lawsuits over their handling of the coronavirus — a measure pushed for by industry representatives.

Politicians across the political spectrum criticized Mr. Cuomo’s nursing home policies.

In May, amid mounting pressure, the governor amended the directive, saying hospital patients had to test negative for the virus before being discharged to nursing homes.

“Governor Cuomo’s handpicked investigators are bending the truth to try to absolve him, but the fact remains that no one is to blame for the Covid-19 deaths in New York nursing homes but him,” said Michael Caputo, assistant secretary for public affairs. “Cuomo did not follow sound, science-based federal guidance and he made a grave mistake.”

And here's this from earlier today. Good media is covering it. The problem lies in the quality that people choose to consume. Turn off your cable teevee.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Yes, the outrage was swift and strong. That's why he rescinded the order by May (way too late). You're correct on those points, but I do not recall him being played up for a presidential run, at least not by the media I consume. In fact, I recall reading several stories in the NYTimes that were quite critical and openly questioned his decision and the weird way NY state reported it's data on nursing home deaths. Now, the media you consume may say that the liberal media didn't cover it, but that's certainly not true.

And here's this from earlier today. Good media is covering it. The problem lies in the quality that people choose to consume. Turn off your cable teevee.

live look at onboard:

fingers-in-ears.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

The Venn diagram of people that bitch about the liberal media and those that never read the so called liberal media is a circle.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 3/19/2021 at 5:18 PM, bolverk said:

Yes. There was so much hard hitting journalism that while his order was given in March 2020, he still felt bold enough to to release “American Crisis” in October which shot to the NYT best seller list at #8! (11/1/20)

https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/2020/11/01/hardcover-nonfiction/

Then in November of 2020 he was given an award

Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo won the 2020 International Emmy Founders Award in recognition of the daily press briefings he held as COVID-19 ravaged his state.

“The Governor’s 111 daily briefings worked so well because he effectively created television shows, with characters, plot lines, and stories of success and failure,” International Academy President & CEO Bruce L. Paisner said in a statement.  “People around the world tuned in to find out what was going on, and New York toughbecame a symbol of the determination to fight back.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/gov-andrew-cuomo-wins-international-emmy-for-covid-19-press-briefings

It wasn’t until well after the election he saw any real scrutiny in regards to the nursing home scandal and calls for investigations (only in 2021). That was quickly replaced with his sexual misconduct scandal. 

Those who gave the same order in Michigan and Pennsylvania are escaping that same scrutiny. Where are the political tweets and calls for investigations for the exact same behavior?   

• Hook 'Em 1

Inquiries about the nursing home cover up by NY officials doesn’t come up until Feb 2021  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/02/12/nyregion/new-york-nursing-homes-cuomo.amp.html%3f0p19G=6214

New Allegations of Cover-Up by Cuomo Over Nursing Home Virus Toll

In a private conversation, the governor’s top aide admitted that data was withheld on nursing homes, where more than 10,000 New Yorkers have died during the pandemic.

ALBANY, N.Y. — Gov. Andrew M. Cuomoand his administration faced new allegations on Friday that they had covered up the scope of the coronavirus death toll in New York’s nursing homes, after a top aide to the governor admitted that the state had withheld data because it feared an investigation by the Trump Justice Department.

• Hook 'Em 1

April 6,2020

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/robasghar/2020/04/06/this-is-cuomos-moment-and-it-offers-essential-leadership-lessons/amp/

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo may not be a perfect leader, but he is perfect for his primary job these days: inspiring confidence and cooperation in citizens in New York and beyond amidst a global coronavirus pandemic.

This is commonly called “Cuomo’s moment” in the press, and who could argue? It’s not often that a governor becomes daily appointment viewing for MSNBC and Fox News audiences alike, gaining almost unanimous praise for his crisis management. It’s no small feat that he’s managed to even win kudos from President Donald Trump (even if Trump’s main intent was to provide an unflattering comparison between Cuomo and presumed Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden).

Let’s resist the temptation to fall into hagiography, at a time when some Democrats are in fact dreaming of scenarios where Biden is tossed from the ticket in favor of Cuomo. Remember that another New York figure, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, had a moment too, in the wake of another national crisis. That didn’t mean he’d be a great president, and the nation managed to figure that out in due course. 

Leadership Is Contingent, and Great Success Is Usually Transitory

Good leadership is contingent on a good many things outside a leader’s control. Churchill failed before the war, and Churchill failed after the war; but in the war, Churchill found his footing. Few leaders are made for all seasons; that’s why even the most gifted ones tend to have “moments,” rather than moving from glory to glory.

Cuomo is showing wisdom, focus and restraint. That is hopefully enough to allow us to wager that he won’t suddenly respond to the siren song of national office, either as a presidential or vice-presidential nominee (Biden’s having already committed to naming a woman as his running mate makes the latter especially problematic)

“This is really what he’s built for,” Weingarten said. He has the mind, the analytical sense and the combination of moxie and smarts and bulldoggish-ness that has made him both respected, and questioned, for all these years. But what you’re also starting to see is great empathy and great leadership.”

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/19/2021 at 6:40 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Still has a long way to go before he catches up with Trump.

Like our exiled former Tweeter-in-Chief, Cuomo needs to be shipped off to Florida. I understand the mindset of someone like Cuomo and his actions show someone who is unwilling to answer for what he did that cost so many people the most precious gift that they were ever given. That he still remains defiant and has instead shifted the narrative to one solely about the allegations put forth by these women is just sickening. I think he feels it’s easier to control this narrative (We all know he is a micromanager) than it is to control one where he has to answer for several thousand who died mostly alone and afraid in nursing homes because the leader of this state condemned them to their fate. 

I also think that the allegations put forth by these women are based in fact and that every single woman that he harassed should get their day in criminal and civil court with him.  We have to as a society get this mindset removed that women are just there for men to do with as they please. I hope that the next governor of this state is a woman and that it would be someone who actually cares about New Yorkers.

• Hook 'Em 1

CNN May 2020

"I just want to reiterate once again that the policy that the Department of Health put out was in line directly with the March 13 directive put out by (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) that read, and I quote, 'Nursing homes should admit any individuals from hospitals where Covid is present,'" said Secretary to the Governor Melissa DeRosa on Saturday during a briefing. 

Spoiler

Medicare chief: Cuomo's nursing home order did not follow federal guidelines

WASHINGTON — The federal government's top official overseeing nursing homes said Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo's executive order in late March that directed the admittance of coronavirus patients from hospitals to nursing facilities did not follow her agency's guidance.

Cuomo has insisted that his original order regarding nursing homes was aligned with the Trump administration's policy, but Seema Verma, head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, said Wednesday that's not the case.

"Under no circumstances should a hospital discharge a patient to a nursing home that is not prepared to take care of those patients' needs," Verma said on Fox News Radio. “The federal guidelines are absolutely clear about this.”

New York nursing homes have reported about 6,000 confirmed or presumed COVID-19 deaths, as of May 27, the most recent data available.

"Federal guidelines and state law both state that facilities need the space, the staff and the protective equipment to care for a patient or they have to be transferred and that remained the standard during this pandemic," said Richard Azzopardi, a senior advisor to the governor. "If facilities couldn’t care for patients, New York offered to help with transfers, provided access to 96,000 staffers – which 400 out of 600 homes used — and have given them more than 13 million pieces of PPE. While some politicians seem to be more than happy to exploit this pandemic, these are the indisputable facts."

Secretary to the Governor Melissa DeRosa said May 23 that New York's nursing home policy followed federal guidelines from March 13 that spell out when a nursing home should accept a patient who has or had COVID-19 from the hospital. The guidelines stated that nursing homes should only accept patients who had been diagnosed with coronavirus from the hospital if they can follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance to prevent transmission of the virus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timesunion.com/news/amp/Medicare-chief-Cuomo-s-nursing-home-order-did-15302988.php

it was well known. 

He wasn’t hiding anything, they just didn’t care 

August 2020

https://apnews.com/article/d2cb49bb1259075b4aea4ab688efe6b6

Cuomo dismisses undercount concerns in NY care home deaths

NEW YORK (AP) — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo dismissed concerns that his state’s coronavirus death toll in nursing homes could be a significant undercount, saying it makes sense to include only those residents who died on the home’s property.

Unlike the federal government and every other state with major outbreaks, only New York explicitly says that it counts just residents who died on nursing home property and not those who were transported to hospitals and died there. 

“If you die in the nursing home, it’s a nursing home death. If you die in the hospital, it’s called a hospital death,” the Democratic governor said Wednesday during an interview on Albany public radio station WAMC. “It doesn’t say where were you before.”

Edited by ChickenSandwich

fuck you you don't give a shit about sexual harassment.  you don't give a shit about incompetent leadership in government.  the only thing you care about is DEMOCRATS BAD!

ycyqeoive43y.jpg

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 2

Yes, there was talk that Cuomo should be president.  That was at the initial point where Covid was digging into NYC and he actually took action and did things based on the scientific advice.   

If the man in the Oval Office would have actually led the country instead of pretending it would go away, then maybe Cuomo wouldn't have gotten near as much play.  But instead he got attention filling the void left by Trump.

He should definitely step down for various reasons.   

At the same time if he steps down for the Covid situation, then Patrick should step down for suggesting in interviews that those over 65 should bite the bullet for the sake of their grandkids' economy.  

But he's not a democrat, so he was right.   Fuck all you Trump and GOP apologists for trying to justify the amoral acts done by the GOP in the past decade by pulling a bothsiderism.    It's like pretending a seesaw will balance with a mouse on one end and a red elephant on the other.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

This thread is hilarious. It started as a "see Dems don't renounce their bad leaders either!!" both sides attempt for the GQP to assuage their own guilt for saddling us with terrible leadership.

Thread turned into a full blown pinata party with literally everyone on the thread and liberal boogeymen like AOC and Biden calling for him to resign.

So now we're digging up year old opinion pieces in a desperate attempt to save face. Yikes.

Narrator: This did not go the way the OP had hoped.

3 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

That was at the initial point where Covid was digging into NYC and he actually took action and did things based on the scientific advice

What scientist advised him to order nursing homes to accept COVID-19 patients? 

• Hook 'Em 1