2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

Just now, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Believe CJ was on that Det team. 

Yep.  I had to look them up.  CJ had an 8.08 ERA (11 games, 8 starts).  Other contributors on that team was the infamous Todd Van Poppel, Jose Lima, Greg Gohr, and Felipe Lira.  In fact, out of every pitcher they used that year only 1 had an ERA below 4.

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

110 losses?

I was just about to post 50 wins.  this team, especially the pitching, is hot fucking garbage.  I'm not gonna pretend I really know anything about Chris Young but I'm pretty sure they could have paid me 10 grand and I could have put together a team as good(bad?) as this one.  holy shit.

Son and I watched the first few innings of yesterday's game at a sports bar.  Got home and saw the final.  What in the holy f!?  I get rebuilds and all, but this is a tad ridiculous.

To add.  It's not like this is the NFL circa 1970, where you pretty much had to build a team via the draft over several years.  In an era of free agency AND with a larger-market team, there's no excuse for the ownership to put this product on the field.

Edit: I know this has already been discussed on here.  Just venting.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

On 4/3/2021 at 4:56 AM, RPM said:

This team reminds me of the good old days at Arlington Stadium circa 1972.

Yeah, except back then they basically played in a stock yard, now  they play in a warehouse.

Edited by DougO

70s Rangers weren't good, but they were scrappy, and usually had some decent pitching with guys on the back end of their careers but still dealing some good stuff. I loved listening to them on the radio back in the DIck Risenhoover era. It's the main reason I still follow them today.

Just now, DougO said:

70s Rangers weren't good, but they were scrappy, and usually had some decent pitching with guys on the back end of their careers but still dealing some good stuff. I loved listening to them on the radio back in the DIck Risenhoover era. It's the main reason I still follow them today.

Before Fergie Jenkins showed up, they had crap for pitching. Jeff Burroughs was the big stick and Toby Harrah, Tom Grieves and Dick Billings were solid.

5 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Son and I watched the first few innings of yesterday's game at a sports bar.  Got home and saw the final.  What in the holy f!?  I get rebuilds and all, but this is a tad ridiculous.

To add.  It's not like this is the NFL circa 1970, where you pretty much had to build a team via the draft over several years.  In an era of free agency AND with a larger-market team, there's no excuse for the ownership to put this product on the field.

Edit: I know this has already been discussed on here.  Just venting.

That $75-80 million dollar a yr tv contract will only buy shitty pitchers I guess??????

• Like 1