2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

The 1930 Athletics team ERA was 4.28 and they won 102 games and the World Series.  It was widely considered to be the best American League pitching staff in baseball that year. That '96 Tigers staff is easily the worst one of my lifetime.  They used 16 starting pitchers that year en route to the worst ERA ever.  Also surrendered most hits, more walks, most home runs, but finished 9th in the league in Complete Games.  So you know...that's something.   

What else is he lying about?  Astroturf, Covid vaccinations, why Governor Abbott won't throw out the first pitch in Arlington?  

I'm sick of this double-talk, we demand the truth!!!

A lot of old Amish ask me, "How did the 1930 Phillies, with O'Doul, Klein, and Whitney in the 3-4-5 holes (team batting average was .315 and they had more walks than strikeouts as a team) manage to lose 102 games that season?"  That wretched pitching staff, where only 1 of 9 pitchers had an ERA under 5.70, is the sad answer.  Lost to history is the fact that HOF'er Chuck Klein smothered most of the pitching that staff in their sleep after being swept at the Polo Grounds to close out the season. 

In the era between the end of WWI and the end of WWII, nobody lost more games than the Phillies.  In that era, they lost 100+ games ten times, never finishing higher than 4th.  Almost 140 years of baseball for that franchise, and only two World Series titles.  So keep your chins up, Rangers fans.  And at least you don't have to live in Philadelphia.  

18 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Must have confiscated masks at the gate 

Note to self, instead of binoculars with whiskey inside, or under-the-clothes flask camelbacks...........masks made of edible marijuana.  

1 hour ago, AngryDragon said:

This is the worst team Ranger team in my lifetime. 

I had to check. The Rangers haven't failed to win 60 games since 1973 in a full length season. Granted - we were on pace for just under that last year so that may have been the 2nd worst.