2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

Just now, Jameslaw121 said:

What happened. Not watching the game right now

Holt got a pretty shitty strike 3 called that was outside the zone and got in the ump's face about it. Woodward followed.

We quickly gave up our lead - down 2-1 bottom 6.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sounds like Leiter is close

per Wilson

First-round pick Jack Leiter (second overall) and second-rounder Aaron Zavala (38th overall) are in Arlington for their physical exams, which rates as one of the final steps before their first professional contracts are completed.

Zavala, an outfielder from Oregon, was an on-field guest of the Rangers on Monday during batting practice. Leiter, a right-hander from Vanderbilt, was not at Globe Life Field, a source said.

The deadline to sign draftees is Sunday, two days after the trade deadline. The slot value for Leiter is $7,789,900 and $1,952,300 for Zavala. The other remaining unsigned draftee in the top 10 is eighth-rounder Larson Kindreich, a left-hander from Biola University (slot of $191,500).

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Learn me on Joey Gallo. First heard of him cause of his stupid power numbers coming up through the minors. I guess in the bigs he’s been an all or nothing guy the past few years. That’s pretty much it right? 

Aside from his bombs. You'll enjoy watching him throw out runners trying for 3rd. Also, you're going to want to study up on the shift......

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Learn me on Joey Gallo. First heard of him cause of his stupid power numbers coming up through the minors. I guess in the bigs he’s been an all or nothing guy the past few years. That’s pretty much it right? 

Low BA, huge OPS.  Gold glove right fielder that is rated the 2nd best in baseball behind Mookie.  Great clubhouse guy.   

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Lot of people of Twitter saying Clarke Schmidt is one of the guys coming in return. RHP #2 Yankees prospect

Damn, I liked him. I didn’t at first, the Yankees took him with their first pick in 2017 or 18, and he was out with TJ surgery at the time. Plus he wasn’t super highly rated. The organization loves him though and moved him up the ladder even though he’s dealt with injuries. A lot of the Yankee system minor league parks are pitcher friendly but his K numbers are decent, no faking that.