2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Not gonna post on their thread. But who smirked a little on the final pitch? The stadium was so quiet any trash can banging could be heard in Katy.

I grinned hard when they won it but mainly because I was happy for the Braves. I was actively cheering against Houston much less than I thought I would. Although I'm sure as fuck glad they didn't win it. 

Something about Texas teams...

• Hook 'Em 3

I grinned hard when they won it but mainly because I was happy for the Braves. I was actively cheering against Houston much less than I thought I would. Although I'm sure as fuck glad they didn't win it. 
Something about Texas teams...

Yep. When they got by the Sox I thought they finally got a chance to get a city championship the right way. Cheated their asses off in baseball, and when the rockets won it all they had Jordan to thank for playing baseball. I still think a Jordan baseball statue needs to be in downtown Houston for that gift.
  • Like 1

I don't really know how good Woodward is as a manager. I understand his current role, but when I see so many fundamental breakdowns I wonder how much is him and how much is just young inexperienced players and shuffling the deck as much as they have. I'd like to see what Woody would do with a team that had talent to contend. He seems like a good guy, you kinda root for him.

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

IKF has jackshit to do with our future. Semien is better suited for 2B anyway. 

Don't disagree with IKF but we have good prospects at 2nd and SS in the upper minors. Story money would be better allocated towards pitching/outfield unless they're planning to add $100 mil to the budget which has been thrown around. 

Don't disagree with IKF but we have good prospects at 2nd and SS in the upper minors. Story money would be better allocated towards pitching/outfield unless they're planning to add $100 mil to the budget which has been thrown around. 

Do you understand that prospect is Spanish for “hasn’t done shit yet”? Skipping on a known commodity in hopes that you have the golden ticket in your Wonka bar wrapper is about the most Rangers thing I’ve ever heard. Especially with our track record of developing prospects

4 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

31 year old to a 7 year deal?

Suspect.

Well... we can't bitch about them spending money this offseason I guess.

Hope he keeps his form up. He was fantastic last year. Wonder what the Jays do at SS - they had/have a nice core going.